“If it was up to me, Fawad would still be among our centrally contracted players" : Shahryar Khan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
“If it was up to me, Fawad would still be among our centrally contracted players" : Shahryar Khan

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan said that he was disappointed about middle-order batsman Fawad Alam’s omission from the list of centrally contracted players released last month.

Speaking to Daily Express, the 82-year-old said that if he was a member of the national selection committee, then he wouldn’t have excluded the batsman from the list.

“If it was up to me, Fawad would still be among our centrally contracted players,” he said. “I think it was unfair to exclude him. And now, with him getting older, it would be tougher for him to make a comeback to the national side.”

Other notable exclusions from the list includes that of former T20I captain Shahid Afridi, off-spinner Saeed Ajmal, fast-bowler Junaid Khan and middle-order batsmen Sohaib Maqsood and Umar Amin.

However, Shaharyar clarified that the 31-year-old’s marginalisation is not due to any fault of his own, rather due to the recent crop of players available to the board.

“Even though a player of Fawad’s calibre is more suitable in Tests instead of ODIs and T20Is, but, fortunately for us, there are many good players available in the format,” he said.

The board chairman cited the examples of middle-order batsman Babar Azam and top-order batsmen Sharjeel Khan and Fakhar Zaman, who exhibited great performances recently. Nevertheless, he hoped that Fawad would continue with his decent form in the domestic circuit to make a comeback.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1223338/pcb-chairman-clears-air-regarding-fawad-alams-exclusion/

Totally unneeded statement

Looks like putting salt on Fawad's wounds

and so unprofessional smh :facepalm:

Why can't this cricket board keep their mouths shut and do their job behind closed doors? Is it really that hard to find ethics?

Why are above posters complaining?

This isnt bad, its good that the chairman supports him plus its good that the selectors have full authority and not the chairman.

Fawad could probably take hope from this aswell.

Anyways fawad alam should be a lesson to all young cricketers, get ur basics right. If you play with such unorthodox technique you wont be selected for international games. Though it looks good when you score runs with bad trchnique but what makes the viewer angry is when you have trouble in scoring runs and that is because of your poor technique.

In fawads comeback, australia were all over this guy.

Though i also believe that during misbahs time, fawad was needed in place of younis, irrespect how difficult he was scoring runs, he was scoring though

This isnt bad, its good that the chairman supports him plus its good that the selectors have full authority and not the chairman.

Fawad could probably take hope from this aswell.

Anyways fawad alam should be a lesson to all young cricketers, get ur basics right. If you play with such unorthodox technique you wont be selected for international games. Though it looks good when you score runs with bad trchnique but what makes the viewer angry is when you have trouble in scoring runs and that is because of your poor technique.

In fawads comeback, australia were all over this guy.

Though i also believe that during misbahs time, fawad was needed in place of younis, irrespect how difficult he was scoring runs, he was scoring though

sit back and read your post again. Its full of contradictions.

Fawad may have had an unorthodox technique but he scores runs and thats all that matters. Technique is overrated. He has the basic technique and he may have failed in a few matches against the aussies but thats nothing to be ashamed of since most pakistanis have failed against the aussies..

he has been treated like garbage and he is the natural successor to YK and Misbah. disgraceful..

sit back and read your post again. Its full of contradictions.

Fawad may have had an unorthodox technique but he scores runs and thats all that matters. Technique is overrated. He has the basic technique and he may have failed in a few matches against the aussies but thats nothing to be ashamed of since most pakistanis have failed against the aussies..

he has been treated like garbage and he is the natural successor to YK and Misbah. disgraceful..
Technique is not over rated. This is why australia were all over him.

The australians figured him out. Kept bowling him at leg, a spot where he was clueless. He played so ugly against them that many people wanted him dropped

One could argue that he was needed during misbahs time, but now he isnt.

His poor technique is what had him ousted from the team and no its not over rated.

No one looks at poor technique when you are doing well, its when your dificulty becomes exposed

Technique is not over rated. This is why australia were all over him.

The australians figured him out. Kept bowling him at leg, a spot where he was clueless. He played so ugly against them that many people wanted him dropped

One could argue that he was needed during misbahs time, but now he isnt.

His poor technique is what had him ousted from the team and no its not over rated.

No one looks at poor technique when you are doing well, its when your dificulty becomes exposed

he hit a couple of poor premeditated shots and got caught out..happens to many people..but Fawad has increasingly shown he can stay at the crease and score runs. He should be in our squad for the test matches. As for your comment about being in difficulty well he isnt a ODI player but has done remarkably well, has scored a hundred while opening in sri lanka (168)..he is talented and must be given a run.

The chairman shouldn't be publicly contradicting the selectors. Even the most basic concept of professionalism is beyond the PCB.

The chairman shouldn't be publicly contradicting the selectors. Even the most basic concept of professionalism is beyond the PCB.

I think weshould look at the fact that chairman has given the whole power to the selectors without its influence

I think weshould look at the fact that chairman has given the whole power to the selectors without its influence

A) The selectors should already be allowed to their jobs without the chairman having to making a song and dance about it

B) Making public statements DOES influence things

C) These public proclamations also affect players who have been selected/dropped. Not to mention when the next squad is announced, if Fawad Alam's name is in there how many people will think he's made it on his own merit and how many will think it's the chairman's influence?

He should have kept his mouth shut.

The Chairman Mr. Shahryar Khan always shedding crocodile tears whenever did not get select by the Selectors, recently when Fawad was dropped for the England tour he was on of the few who objects over non inclusion of Fawad..once again he he is sad. He always point out Fawad' s age as 34 years instead of his actual age of 31 years..a few time journalist corrected him in this regard but he always failed to remember which is bad thing for Fawad case. He said that it is hard to comeback for fawad with increase of his age..first of all i would tell that Fawad is still 31 years age and he can come back soon after Misba and Younis retirement but in my second thought it would be difficult to implement as if Pakistan would continue to play on dead pitches of UAE both will continue to play till the age of 50 years as there is no need to foot work and eyesight on these dead tracks..2ndly i would draw his attention that Fawad was recently declared most fit player.

Are central contracts supposed to be a way of appeasing players and making sure they shut up and don't criticise the PCB!

Award deserving players central contracts, not just players who you think might be good enough for a contract.

Are central contracts supposed to be a way of appeasing players and making sure they shut up and don't criticise the PCB!

Award deserving players central contracts, not just players who you think might be good enough for a contract.

Absolutely!
I am not against him making a supportive statement but then he even goes as far as saying that with Fawad getting older, he doesnt see a way for him playing international cricket. So why would you give a contract to a player who doesnt have a future with the team?

Contradicting himself and proving that the selectors were right.

Back