“We are on track, but as a team, we are not able to click": Babar Azam

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam speaking in post-game presser:

“In bowling, you have less margin of error, and you need wickets. We attacked but didn’t get the wickets. However, credit should also be given to England for playing good cricket.”

“We are on track, but as a team, we are not able to click. When things change, it takes some time to get back on track. We have played under different management in the last two years, but we are trying to make this team click. Individually, we are performing, but different results come when the team performs. You will see a different team after one or two wins. If you look at our bowling or batting, we have a good combination, but we need to perform well as a team.”

“As far as our bowling is concerned, we have also done well. It’s not that we have always performed poorly. Our bowlers have also won us matches and have bowled well in patches. All our fast bowlers, like Shaheen Shah Afridi, have been playing throughout. Look at Haris Rauf; he also bowled well in the last match. Naseem Shah is struggling a bit, but remember, he has made a comeback after an injury post PSL, so everything takes a bit of time.”

“As far as the intent is concerned, you may not have seen it because wickets started falling after six overs. If we could have continued, you might be saying something else today. So, the thing is, when you lose, these things become more visible. But we intend to continue with what he have decided as the best way forward.”

“Our confidence always remains high. When you lose, you learn something from it, and every day brings a new learning opportunity. Sometimes you learn by doing well, and when you perform poorly, you learn quite a bit from that. However, before the World Cup, we should have played good cricket in this series, but we are collapsing as a team. Sometimes we collapse in batting, sometimes in bowling, so we have to figure this out. The next event is the World Cup, so we will try to bring clarity to this as soon as possible. All the players know where they have to bat and when they have to bowl.”

“You asked about modern-day cricket. We have played in the first six overs just like the rest of the teams, but we are struggling a bit in the middle overs. We have been facing this for quite some time, but the players will have to step up. They will have to take responsibility; they are all senior players.”

“Earlier in our setup, there were only selectors, so you had to communicate with them as a captain. But now there are selectors, a coach, and a captain, so we sit with all of them and discuss each player's situation. When everyone is on the same page, then the team is selected. No one gets an extra edge; everyone has come on merit.”

“When a player does not perform, we are told that his selection is wrong. But when the same person performs well, you people ask why we didn't bring him into the team earlier. So, in my opinion, whoever has been selected, we will have to back them. Every player has to go through this time; it has come upon me as well. But when you get support, you gain confidence from it."

"We also know what type of player Azam Khan is, what type of players Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad Rizwan are, and they have performed. Sometimes your day does not go well, you have to take chances, your wickets can also fall. You will have to play a bit positively and take chances. We played well in the last series, but I agree that we have made mistakes in the middle overs, in both batting and bowling. But we will try to correct it as soon as possible; the World Cup is upon us.”

“Usman Khan has played different and good cricket. If there was a good partnership with Iftikhar Ahmed, then it would have been a different game. We will discuss this, that we read the situation wrong. Due to back-to-back wickets, pressure came upon us, so we will discuss this, what to do in such a situation. Here the par score was 190, so you had to score that. If you have collapsed, then it is your own mistake, I will not blame anyone, it is our mistake, and I accept it. We will discuss it and will try to ensure that it does not happen in the future.”

Last edited:
Unfortunately, he's wrong here. The team's combination is bad because you're playing Azam who is not scoring runs, and dropping catches on a regular basis. This is causing a 2-way disadvantage.

Also, you're playing Shadab in the middle who is not giving runs, and neither bowling well. This needs to be restored.

Finally, you need to strengthen the batting, and get Saim and Iftikhar to bowl the 5th bowler. This is your only chance of doing anything meaningful with this squad. No use playing 5 front line bowlers when they're getting hit for 10rpo anyway. A part-time option will do the same job.

Be bold man.

Babar Azam speaking in post-game presser:

“In bowling, you have less margin of error, and you need wickets. We attacked but didn’t get the wickets. However, credit should also be given to England for playing good cricket.”

“We are on track, but as a team, we are not able to click. When things change, it takes some time to get back on track. We have played under different management in the last two years, but we are trying to make this team click. Individually, we are performing, but different results come when the team performs. You will see a different team after one or two wins. If you look at our bowling or batting, we have a good combination, but we need to perform well as a team.”

“As far as our bowling is concerned, we have also done well. It’s not that we have always performed poorly. Our bowlers have also won us matches and have bowled well in patches. All our fast bowlers, like Shaheen Shah Afridi, have been playing throughout. Look at Haris Rauf; he also bowled well in the last match. Naseem Shah is struggling a bit, but remember, he has made a comeback after an injury post PSL, so everything takes a bit of time.”

“As far as the intent is concerned, you may not have seen it because wickets started falling after six overs. If we could have continued, you might be saying something else today. So, the thing is, when you lose, these things become more visible. But we intend to continue with what he have decided as the best way forward.”

[more quotes to follow]
Does he actually believe this???!!!!

Here the par score was 190, so you had to score that. If you have collapsed, then it is your own mistake, I will not blame anyone, it is our mistake, and I accept it. We will discuss it and will try to ensure that it does not happen in the future.”

Stand out remarks. Taking responsibility like a Babar Sher :tuktukutd

Stand out remarks. Taking responsibility like a Babar Sher :tuktukutd
He cannot be taking responsibility every time. He needs to overcome these mistakes that he has been talking about for a 4 years now.

It is not enough to say that we accept that it was our mistake, BABAR BHAI??? SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS NOW.

The guy is a huge Azam Khan fan.

Truly unbelievable.

I'm not sure who forces Babar to plahly Shadab at 5 then makes Babar blame a weak middle order.

If we can find that person then Babars problems will be solved.

Unfortunately, he's wrong here. The team's combination is bad because you're playing Azam who is not scoring runs, and dropping catches on a regular basis. This is causing a 2-way disadvantage.

Also, you're playing Shadab in the middle who is not giving runs, and neither bowling well. This needs to be restored.

Finally, you need to strengthen the batting, and get Saim and Iftikhar to bowl the 5th bowler. This is your only chance of doing anything meaningful with this squad. No use playing 5 front line bowlers when they're getting hit for 10rpo anyway. A part-time option will do the same job.

Be bold man.
You hit the nail on the head. I been barking about this. We have to accept we are mediocte and that is a fact!. still we need to fight and to do that if we pick the right team you never know. Saim and ifty can bowl 4 overs then imad bowls 4 overs. There are your 8 overs with 3 players only snag is there is no attacking spinner who can get wickets but it is what it is. Then we need to pick three pacers ideally i would have had a an all rounder but even abbas afridi would do and replace him with naseem

I'm not sure who forces Babar to plahly Shadab at 5 then makes Babar blame a weak middle order.

If we can find that person then Babars problems will be solved.
Absolutely, he's truly deluded or just does not care if he thinks they're on track by playing Shadab at 5 followed by Azam Khan and Iftimania.

Everyone can see it bar this guy, its unbelievable. The tail is starting very quickly and its putting the team under immense pressure who have crumbled by the halfway point.

At least get some proper batsmen in to fill the middle order even if you think they're not T20 material. It's not as if these guys are setting the format on fire anyway.

Still the combinations and balance is all wrong but at least start fixing things by solving at least one of the issues. Until then, I can't see anything but mediocrity being served up.

You were partially on track when you had Babar at 3

You’ve clearly lost your track now.

You and your stakeholders won’t admit this!

To be fair we showed good intent with the bat up until the collapse.

There was a bit of movement early doors for the english bowlers but Babar and Riz negated it pretty well.

Haris bowled well and Shaddy had a decent outing with the ball.

We needed Salman Ali at 5 today and we would of got the 180 - 190 we needed.

His non selection has upset the balance as we don't have a spare batter to come in.

The 3 first choice pacers will be Shaheen, Amir and Rauf.

Naseem will be benched.

England are a settled side with all basis covered.

We are still unable to identify key positions going in to the WC.

In saying all that we are a tournament and momentum based team if we click we can win it.

Absolutely, he's truly deluded or just does not care if he thinks they're on track by playing Shadab at 5 followed by Azam Khan and Iftimania.

Everyone can see it bar this guy, its unbelievable. The tail is starting very quickly and its putting the team under immense pressure who have crumbled by the halfway point.

At least get some proper batsmen in to fill the middle order even if you think they're not T20 material. It's not as if these guys are setting the format on fire anyway.

Still the combinations and balance is all wrong but at least start fixing things by solving at least one of the issues. Until then, I can't see anything but mediocrity being served up.
We havent selected a spare batter which is why I keep harping on about Salman Ali being included.

We havent selected a spare batter which is why I keep harping on about Salman Ali being included.
I agree, he's not as bad as some make him out to be, certainly wouldn't be any worse than the clowns already flapping around. There are other names out there that should have been included but dosti yaari takes precedence here.

I agree, he's not as bad as some make him out to be, certainly wouldn't be any worse than the clowns already flapping around. There are other names out there that should have been included but dosti yaari takes precedence here.
He s a solid batter who plays spin well which is needed in the carib, bowls decent off spin and a good fielder.

A perfect 3 D player.

Abbas Afridi wont play which is why his place is wasted.

Salman Ali should of come in his place.

You were partially on track when you had Babar at 3

You’ve clearly lost your track now.

You and your stakeholders won’t admit this!
Saim Ayub is responsible for why Babar is not batting at 3 anymore. He vacated his position for him and we saw the outcome.

Thankfully Saim Ayub was given chances as an opener and not at 3-4. Otherwise, you would have spammed the forum telling everyone that Babar is destroying Saim Ayub and that he would be scoring 30 ball hundreds if he was trusted as an opener. 🤡

Saim Ayub is responsible for why Babar is not batting at 3 anymore. He vacated his position for him and we saw the outcome.

Thankfully Saim Ayub was given chances as an opener and not at 3-4. Otherwise, you would have spammed the forum telling everyone that Babar is destroying Saim Ayub and that he would be scoring 30 ball hundreds if he was trusted as an opener. 🤡
Saim Ayub is responsible for Babar batting properly for Pakistan at number 3 🤡

It’s his fault for Pakistan to have a proper number 3 according to 🤡 PZ fans

The combination is flawed. Imad, Amer and Azam K have experience in the Caribbean and hopefully this experience will be beneficial.

The combination is flawed. Imad, Amer and Azam K have experience in the Caribbean and hopefully this experience will be beneficial.
You can say that Imad might be beneficial in WI but Azam Khan is a total failure. I am sure even the CPL won't pick him this time.

Silly me! I thought "being on track" meant the team performing well. A selfish batsman like Babar who only plays for himself will not understand such things.

People need to chill out. Nothing bad has happened. Yet. Losing a few meaningless bilateral T20s is nothing. Pakistan is the type of team that needs to be placed in a corner in order to play well. They need everyone from the fans to the experts to turn against them, only then do they go out and try to prove everyone wrong by playing their best cricket.

I would wait till we lose to USA or Ireland to be outraged.

People need to chill out. Nothing bad has happened. Yet. Losing a few meaningless bilateral T20s is nothing. Pakistan is the type of team that needs to be placed in a corner in order to play well. They need everyone from the fans to the experts to turn against them, only then do they go out and try to prove everyone wrong by playing their best cricket.

I would wait till we lose to USA or Ireland to be outraged.
That was a different kind of Pakistan cricketers

They don’t exist anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

You said in another thread that we should always looks to improve, how do you do that if you don’t break up the RizBar combo?

Saim Ayub may have failed to secure his spot as an opener but that doesn’t mean we should stop experimenting with our opening combinations.

That was a different kind of Pakistan cricketers

They don’t exist anymore.
Its pretty much the same team that made the finals last time. And alot of the same players were in the team that made the semi-finals before that.

Its pretty much the same team that made the finals last time. And alot of the same players were in the team that made the semi-finals before that.
The kind I am talking about doesn’t look back once it’s given that sniff at silverware. The ones who won the 2009 WC and 2017 CT.

That breed of Pakistani mercurials died a long time ago

The kind I am talking about doesn’t look back once it’s given that sniff at silverware. The ones who won the 2009 WC and 2017 CT.

Also that kind somehow manages to avoid Australia in knock out crunch games when they are on that roll

These remarks just show what a bad captain he is and how little he understands the game, despite being a great batsmen. Once again he defends his friends Shadab and Azam who are not in team on merit but friendship.

Babar needs to be removed as captain- Rizwan needs to be given the reins and people like Wahab (who again is in post due to connections) needs to be sacked. These clowns are making a mockery of Pakistan cricket.

Lol 2017 was not a great team by any stretch of the imagination. And five players from that side are still playing so I don't know why you're talking about it as if it was 50 years ago. 2009 was a good T20 team but rubbish in every other format. Pakistan has always been mercurial, it just the levels of being bad that varies.

And being called mercurial is more of a backhanded compliment than anything else. I don't know why Pakistan fans treat it as some kind of badge of honor.

You said in another thread that we should always looks to improve, how do you do that if you don’t break up the RizBar combo?

Saim Ayub may have failed to secure his spot as an opener but that doesn’t mean we should stop experimenting with our opening combinations
You have to experiment with some logic and common sense. Saim Ayub was a logical selection but he got exposed.

There are no alternatives now. Maybe Usman can be tried, but that is it.

We are right on track to get kicked out of WC after the group stage.

Reality is Usman needs to play more games but Saim was tried and tried and was expected to click but failed. Now, we just need to get rid of Azam Khan and Iftikhar as well along with Shadab. then we will be on right track to expect that this team can win otherwise disaster is waiting to happen.

Delighted to see that the captain is supporting Azam Khan after his performance in the 4th T20 game but the person who is being backed should return the favor by doing a better job in the next games. The support and respect should be mutual.

View attachment h67g73_1.mp4

First of all Pakistan should play a front line spinner like Abrar Ahmed, it makes a huge difference. Play three fast bowlers with Shaheen being permanent and the remaining two can be rotated. All of them (Aamir, Naseem, Abbas, Haris) are good.

Saim Ayub has been a terrible failure, so there is no option but to go back to Babar and Rizwan as openers and since the middle order is very weak, they must provide stable starts. If they get out early, it's pretty much over.

May be Usman Khan can be tried as an opener, but since he has done well in PSL at No. 3 they can probably stick with that.

They should have taken Salman Ali Agha in the squad, because at the moment playing both Azam Khan and Shadab in the middle order seems disastrous with no alternatives in place!

If Babar was born in Aus/Ind/NZ/Eng he would never play any international match. No team will pick such an impact less player. So don't talk too highly about this selfish statpad and dull wannabe captain. Captaincy wise he will not be even in top 15.

If Babar was born in Aus/Ind/NZ/Eng he would never play any international match. No team will pick such an impact less player. So don't talk too highly about this selfish statpad and dull wannabe captain. Captaincy wise he will not be even in top 15.
He would play their b and c string series like Tim robinson would lol. Also add sa to the list. He would basically be a bavuma before getting booted out finally.

If he was playing for any of those teams he would've been an even greater batter. He'd be free from the pressure of carrying deadweights and could truly unleash.

If he was playing for any of those teams he would've been an even greater batter. He'd be free from the pressure of carrying deadweights and could truly unleash.
If that was the case why did he go unnoticed in 2017? Why was fakhar the star? Pakistan butchered NZ b string last year to reach no 1 odi rank but still fakhar was the star with mighty 100's and not Bobby who still didn't perform to same standards.

But again not suprised since you think he actually makes it into those 4 teams haha. Australia in 2023 were hindered immensely during the Afghanistan game, it didn't stop maxwell from unleashing, so you're telling me Bobby would unleash if he had pat Cummings on his aide and would strike a 200 against Afghanistan bowling which features spinners mostly?

If that was the case why did he go unnoticed in 2017? Why was fakhar the star? Pakistan butchered NZ b string last year to reach no 1 odi rank but still fakhar was the star with mighty 100's and not Bobby who still didn't perform to same standards.

But again not suprised since you think he actually makes it into those 4 teams haha. Australia in 2023 were hindered immensely during the Afghanistan game, it didn't stop maxwell from unleashing, so you're telling me Bobby would unleash if he had pat Cummings on his aide and would strike a 200 against Afghanistan bowling which features spinners mostly?

The entire premise of your argument falls apart because it's based on assumptions that Babar would be playing the same way, which is wrong. If he was part of those teams he would be a part of their sporting culture. He wouldn't have to deal with the unique pressures and challenges of Pakistan cricket. Those boards are more professional. Just look at Cummins, who you referenced, as great as he is, he isn't even captain. You'd be familiar that this is Aussie culture, it's competitive and fair. They don't even need to play Cummins. If Babar came through that system, with his skillset and talent, he'd be twice the batter he is in Pakistan.

The entire premise of your argument falls apart because it's based on assumptions that Babar would be playing the same way, which is wrong. If he was part of those teams he would be a part of their sporting culture. He wouldn't have to deal with the unique pressures and challenges of Pakistan cricket. Those boards are more professional. Just look at Cummins, who you referenced, as great as he is, he isn't even captain. You'd be familiar that this is Aussie culture, it's competitive and fair. They don't even need to play Cummins. If Babar came through that system, with his skillset and talent, he'd be twice the batter he is in Pakistan.
So what's your point? That a hypothetical make believe babar who was born in Australia would be an ATG?

This logic applies for everyone as people are naturally a product of their environment. Theirs a reason why America has the most no of billioniares and millionaires and tech companies despite USA not even having the fraction of the population of China and India who should logically have the stronger economy and a more innovative society solely based of population bias alone.

Same can be said for Australia, Theirs a reason their the best ever cricket nation deapite having a population of 25Million, whereas India has the bigger talent pool in general.

You can apply that logic to rizwan, fakhar, heck even azam khan since azam would be slim, fit and a gun keeper if he was born in a culture where fatty food is looked down upon.

What's the point of singling out Bobby and creating these hypotheticals? This logic applies for literally the entire dug out. Everyone would be 2x the player they are if they were Aussies's. Even then you can't claim Bobby would get selected, as Warner and Travis are naturally more talented then him, maxwell, Warner and Travis are talented and next level even for Australian standards whereas Bobby isn't next level, since he doesn't surpass an onsong fakhar, he's only more consistent then fakhar that's it.

So what's your point? That a hypothetical make believe babar who was born in Australia would be an ATG?

This logic applies for everyone as people are naturally a product of their environment. Theirs a reason why America has the most no of billioniares and millionaires and tech companies despite USA not even having the fraction of the population of China and India who should logically have the stronger economy and a more innovative society solely based of population bias alone.

Same can be said for Australia, Theirs a reason their the best ever cricket nation deapite having a population of 25Million, whereas India has the bigger talent pool in general.

You can apply that logic to rizwan, fakhar, heck even azam khan since azam would be slim, fit and a gun keeper if he was born in a culture where fatty food is looked down upon.

What's the point of singling out Bobby and creating these hypotheticals? This logic applies for literally the entire dug out. Everyone would be 2x the player they are if they were Aussies's. Even then you can't claim Bobby would get selected, as Warner and Travis are naturally more talented then him, maxwell, Warner and Travis are talented and next level even for Australian standards whereas Bobby isn't next level, since he doesn't surpass an onsong fakhar, he's only more consistent then fakhar that's it.

He's already a Pakistani ATG and will probably start featuring in World Wide ATG teams of the future.

And yes the obvious point being everyone would benefit if they were playing for Australia. Not singling out Babar. Just giving him the respect he deserves because he's an anamoly for the Pakistani system, we hardly produce generational talents.

As for your argument on Head, Warner etc being better talents, well look at it from the perspective that they're already benefitting from the Australian culture and this is their best, their ceiling. Babar would improve if he was a beneficiary of the same system and could, hypothetically, be better.

If Kohli was born in France, he would have never picked up a cricket bat.

Your post is as useful as mine.

He's already a Pakistani ATG and will probably start featuring in World Wide ATG teams of the future.

And yes the obvious point being everyone would benefit if they were playing for Australia. Not singling out Babar. Just giving him the respect he deserves because he's an anamoly for the Pakistani system, we hardly produce generational talents.

As for your argument on Head, Warner etc being better talents, well look at it from the perspective that they're already benefitting from the Australian culture and this is their best, their ceiling. Babar would improve if he was a beneficiary of the same system and could, hypothetically, be better.
Babar wouldn't hypothetically be better then warner as these guys are next level for Australian standards. Babar is not next level for Pakistani standards as he's been outperformed by rizwan in 4 tournaments in a row now and is not superior to fakhar at his absolute best only more consistent then fakhar as fakhar usually is offcolor, Whereas no one is superior to Warner at his absolute best besides Travis head and maxwell who are on par and subjective to who's better.

So no a hypothetical babar would in the realm of Tim davis or Alex Carrey, not on these goats level, For that you're claiming that babar is objectively superior to everyone at their best.

Lastly theirs no such this as a Pakistani ATG, Brian masaba is a uganada ATG by this logic, no one considers him to be an atg and half the planet hasn't heard of him.

Younis and zaheer are considered atg of test because they genuinely are compared to the planet, Saeed anwar is considered an atg because he's genuinely in the class of Warner, Jaysuria etc, Babar doesn't compete with the rest of the openers across the world like butler or quinton.

Please don't put these hypotheticals, by this logic is Warner was born in China he'd be a stock broker and not a cricket player. Your arguments make no sense

Which world wide atg team does Babar feature in? Or are you waiting for everyone to retire?

Babar is a top order batter so logically he can only feature in 1-4 in odi and 1-3 in t20, no one will want him in no 5-7.

His competiton is Warner, Travis, Maxwell(has been promoted to 3 and 4 many times), Phil Salt, Will jacks, Butler, Quinton, klaseen, Makram, Virat, Rohit, Jaiswal, rachin, Williamson, Conway.

And once some of these boys retire you have many more like abishekih and jake fraser coming along.

Where does Bobby fit in?

“We we’re on track for the 2023 World Cup. We were number 1. We used to announce our team 24 hours in advance…

And then India SMASHED us off track after we beat Nepal”

Sorry for 3 replies I'm kinds distracted and working rn so I haven't read every message but I've read them all now, I only forgot to reply to one message

we hardly produce generational talents.

The only generational talent we have produced is Saeed Anwar. Zaheer is a 70's bat who wouldn't function in this era and YK is a One format pony. Otherwise no one else was generational, they all were players who took time and improved and became better as time went on like Miandad, inzimam, yousaf etc. Generational talent would imply someone like viv who immediately came onto the scene and was just a legend altogether or kohli who even in 2008 under 19 you could tell was just built different.

Babar is nowhere close to the rest of the world as an opener or top order batter, and I don't see a meed to take advice from someone who claims sheddy is our best allrounder only to hypocritical ask for agha aka an allrounder to come back and save sheddy's skin at no 5.

Nor is Bobby the best Pakistani bat, Fakhar Is, and neither had he been the most consistent Pakistani bat wither as rizwan has outscored and outdone him 4x in a row now. Since 2 consequence years he hasn't been consistent nor the best. It's a cold hard fact that you need to accept. A once in generational talent doesn't struggle against spin and infante his tummy into a dad bod

The selection committee has put us in a massive lurch where we have no back-up replacement for Azam. Till Azam is playing, our balance will always be off since he is a literal walking wicket at the moment.

One more issue with Pakistan right now is that Azam is not a good enough wicket-keeper to have the right awareness about the game from behind the wicket. Rizwan is exceptional in this regard, and Azam unfortunately right now is not able to contribute in terms of valuable input. This was pointed out by Rashid Latif, and he makes very good cricketing points most of the time.

The selection committee has put us in a massive lurch where we have no back-up replacement for Azam. Till Azam is playing, our balance will always be off since he is a literal walking wicket at the moment
So the team is balanced when you have middle order batsmen playing as openers, and openers playing as middle order?

Hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahhahahaahahhahahahahahawhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahshhahaahahahah

“We we’re on track for the 2023 World Cup. We were number 1. We used to announce our team 24 hours in advance…

I mean, if it didnt happen a batting order of

1) Abdullah (Slow)
2) Imam (Slow)
3) Babar (Slow)
4) Rizwan (Slow)
5) Saud (Free-flowing but Slow at no 5)
6) Chacha (lol)
7) shadab (lol)
8) Nawaz (lol)

this 1990 era batting line up with a non existent lower order was never gonna win any cup. Theris a reason fakhar ended up exposing this fraud top order eventually.

So the team is balanced when you have middle order batsmen playing as openers, and openers playing as middle order?

Hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahhahahaahahhahahahahahawhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahshhahaahahahah
Playing Fakhar as an opener won’t do much, stop posting the same nonsense in every thread.

When Fakhar fails, your go-to argument would be if Sharjeel plays then Pakistan will start winning. That won’t blow up in your dishonest face because Sharjeel will never get to play for Pakistan ever again.

The selection committee has put us in a massive lurch where we have no back-up replacement for Azam. Till Azam is playing, our balance will always be off since he is a literal walking wicket at the moment.

One more issue with Pakistan right now is that Azam is not a good enough wicket-keeper to have the right awareness about the game from behind the wicket. Rizwan is exceptional in this regard, and Azam unfortunately right now is not able to contribute in terms of valuable input. This was pointed out by Rashid Latif, and he makes very good cricketing points most of the time.
Saim, Shadab and azam are walking wickets. But chacha is useless. The MO is non existent and worse then USA, Canada and Ireland MO

If Kohli was born in France, he would have never picked up a cricket bat.

Your post is as useful as mine.
France don't play cricket. I said among top teams Babar will not make it but Fakhar will.

Babar will never admit as he loves to select his buddies. Winning doesn't matter because he knows he is untouchable even if we loose all first round matches and exit in first round. Kristen will be a scapegoat to save Babar. Naqvi/Ramiz will defend Babar as they think there is no alternative option for captaincy.

Non-serious point: I read that as massive lunch which's appropriate in context of Azam Khan's selection.

Serious points: I guess Babar's praying that Azam's CPL experience works in his favour and is willing to trade his crappy wicketkeeping in the hope of some late order firepower. Ultimately his problem is that Azam, Saim, Iftikhar and Shadab are all horribly struggling - but the 15 is so bowler heavy that he's little alternative but to back them. Unless people want to the tail to start at 7 - at least 3 of those are going to start.

Naseem in hindsight shouldn't have made the squad. He's looked off since his injury and Abbas Afridi is already there as your reserve pacer so another batsmen could've been accomodated.

Unfortunately the million member selection committee, including the former Forestry Minister billed as some data whizz, couldn't forsee these issues.

Non-serious point: I read that as massive lunch which's appropriate in context of Azam Khan's selection.

Serious points: I guess Babar's praying that Azam's CPL experience works in his favour and is willing to trade his crappy wicketkeeping in the hope of some late order firepower. Ultimately his problem is that Azam, Saim, Iftikhar and Shadab are all horribly struggling - but the 15 is so bowler heavy that he's little alternative but to back them. Unless people want to the tail to start at 7 - at least 3 of those are going to start.

Naseem in hindsight shouldn't have made the squad. He's looked off since his injury and Abbas Afridi is already there as your reserve pacer so another batsmen could've been accomodated.

Unfortunately the million member selection committee, including the former Forestry Minister billed as some data whizz, couldn't forsee these issues.
Azam is not good enough to face international level bowlers. This is apparent to everyone, I'm not sure how such experienced individuals in the team management are missing this. Anyone who has seen him play will know that he will struggle against international class pace bowling, and expecting Azam to replicate his patchy league form at this level is beyond stupid.

Then again, Babar is not known to be smart.

Pooran will be the star of the show in this WC

Delighted to see that the captain is supporting Azam Khan after his performance in the 4th T20 game but the person who is being backed should return the favor by doing a better job in the next games. The support and respect should be mutual.

View attachment 144150

Dramaybaaz.. why is he even selected with such shambolic fitness.
In West Indies , the ball keeps low , this guy doesn’t even squat as wicket keeper stand upright. His physique is too bad , he becomes bigger and bigger , definitely should be eating 2k+ calories everyday to keep on putting weight.
He is not serious about his cricket , should happy for what he got so far and le
Complete dud against pace, can’t keep, moves slowly

Azam is not good enough to face international level bowlers. This is apparent to everyone, I'm not sure how such experienced individuals in the team management are missing this. Anyone who has seen him play will know that he will struggle against international class pace bowling, and expecting Azam to replicate his patchy league form at this level is beyond stupid.

Then again, Babar is not known to be smart.
May be they all don’t have working brains 🧠 inside. Too much meat eating, Nizaris and biryanis make them big , sluggish and brainless as exactly what we see.

Brainless batting , bowling and fielding with Azam khan fanboy topping all the charts.

Just let Babar and Rizwan to open as we clearly don't have the players in the mould of Salt, Butler , Rohit etc. Our best bet would be to strengthen our bowling with bowlers who can get early movement with the new ball and spinners who can actually turn the ball and be consistent in their line and length and picks up crucial wickets in the middle overs. The damage is already been done and the only thing we can do right now is to pick up massive turning spinners with good control like Zafar Gohar (I don't know if he still get that huge turn or not) , Usman Qadir (even if he doesn't got any control) , Even that Karachi old dude who played in the PSL and has got very good control with decent revs even though he lacked googly and then add M.Ali in to the squad , the guy is very accurate with his line and length and moves the ball both ways.
Batting wise let's just add Abdullah and Saud Shakeel in place of Saim and Azam , clearly it's a no brainer here.

Why is everyone even making suggestions? Pakistan has no chance of even having a respectable tournament with this squad.

Also it's likely USA vs Pakistan might get washed out in dallas meaning Pakistan is deep in the water then

Why is everyone even making suggestions? Pakistan has no chance of even having a respectable tournament with this squad.

Also it's likely USA vs Pakistan might get washed out in dallas meaning Pakistan is deep in the water then
Why is it likely? I don’t see any chances of rain? According to the weather forecast it should be a very hot and clear sunny day.

Why is it likely? I don’t see any chances of rain? According to the weather forecast it should be a very hot and clear sunny day.
Oh really? I heard from another poster that dallas weather would be hell. But I haven't checked the weather reports or anything

oh yaar...koi nai baat kiya ker!

Back