1st Test: England v Bangladesh (score thread) [26/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
game starts in 23 mins... (1023 uk time0

England won the toss and elected to field first

bad news for bangladesh... expect them to struggle in bowler friendly conditions

Nice Cover Drive from Javed Omar off hoggard

9-0

England bowlers off target at the moment...

Bangladesh 18/0

nice start here...

waheed what are conditions like?

22-0

Javed Omar survived edged to Flintoff of a 'No ball' but foot was well behind the line...
Just aswell Flintoff did not take a difficult catch to his left.

Umpires seem to be very harsh on noballs these days, epsecially one day series in Windies...

Good start by Bangladesh, England off color not using coditions in early morning start.

Alright conditions, 25-0 now.
Typical crap english bowling attack!
COME ON BANGLADESH!

Will be interesting to hear Alec Stewarts views, as he commentates for Channel 4 today...

But there more crap than hoggard and harmissomn!

Bangladesh will win white wash inshallaah!

31-0
cracking four!

Good to see Bangladesh trying to play some Postive Cricket, Javed Omar hitting Hoggard back over his head for 4.

Just don't need to get over confident, 31-0

Harmison gets it on target, extra bounce get Nafees in trouble and caught well in the slips gone for 8.

England needed that.

33-1

9.2 Harmison to Nafees Iqbal, OUT: gone! this time edged straight to
Trescothick at first slip, Harmison strikes

Bangladesh 31/1

damn

Hoggard strikes removing the captain, poor shot from Bashar trying to pull Hoggard goes up in the air and caught by wicket keeper.

poor cricket...

bashar always seems 2 play to many shots early on... good start wasted by bangla!

England still not bowling as well as they can, not bowling enough balls that the batsmen have to play at. Bangladesh haved been able to leave a lot of wide balls.

First shout for LBW in the 12 over !!!
and 10 NO BALLS

Absolute Jaffa bowled by Hoggard got to be the best bowl of the summer :)

Pitched on middle stump, swung and bounced away from the edge of the bat... just did too much.. unplayable delivery.

seems like aftab ahmed has come out and is gona play some shots....

16 off 11 balls... inshallah he will get some more runs...

That's the problem Bangladesh is are playing far too many shots for my liking, it is good to be positve but they are going to far and at times treating it like an ODI with some of the shots...

Flintoff and Jones into the attack, sure they will make the batsmen play more often.

Bangladesh playing well, lost 2 unfortunet wickets, but batting beautifyully, lovely strokes!

I like the batting style of javed omar, very good.

61-2

Aftab playing one too many shots... and he is also caught in the slips for 20, playing drive without any real foot movement, very loose play.

Hashim think you are watching a different game to me...

3 down !!!

15.2 Flintoff to Aftab Ahmed, OUT: gone this time! good length delivery
outside the off stump, Aftab ends up with a thick edge trying to
drive it away, not so lucky this time around, taken on the second
attempt by Strauss at second slip

Bangladesh 65/3

grrrrrrrr what stupidity!

Flintoff not bowling as quick as he did last year bowling in the low 80mph at the moment, but he is still getting that extra bounce with his height and effort he puts in.

Has been the best of the seamers so far, bowling a tight line outside off stump, making the batsmen play and miss, with excellant seam position, going straight down the pitch :)

Looking good, think he can bowl be able to bowl 15 overs per day, and will definetly be ready for ODI's.

England need to look after him and no to over bowl him, use him in short spells.

But looking good, well ahead of schedule.

Javed Omar gone...

Jones with well pitched up swinging delivery, edges to slip.

J Omar gone for 22.

65-4

Musfahiqar Rahim, 16yrd old comes out to bat with Bangladesh in trouble 65-4.

Bangaldesh need a partnership up until lunch...

Jones 2-2-0-1

Flintoff strikes with a yorker Ashrafaul plumb infront of middle wicket.
Ashrafull completly decieved did not see the ball...
71-5

Marooned
World Star Joined: 04 Mar 2003
Waheed re my post above about Flintoff....also the speeds of the Eng bowlers today...

Marooned I posted comments about Flintoff earlier... see above..

Flintoff 80-83mph
Jones High 80mph, got upto 88mph
Hoggard low to mid 80mph
Harmison high 80s mph

Another corker of a delivery from Jones, pitched middle and leg and straightened hit infront of the stumps but going over the top.

Jones looking very good, follows up with another swinging delivery, getting late swing.

16yrd Rahim being pushed back by Flintoff and gets hit in the box by Flintoff...
Good to see him get up quickly and push hit the ball through the covers next ball.

Seems to have mature head on his shoulders and seems to have a bit of time to play his shots. Tighter technique than hhis colleagues.

waheed said:
Marooned
Waheed re my post above about Flintoff....also the speeds of the Eng bowlers today...

Flintoff 80-83mph
Hoggard low to mid 80mph
Harmison high 80s mph

Thanks that's slower than normal stuff from Flintoff. Anyway should be back to his normal late 80s stuff in a couple of weeks. The rest are at their usual speeds. Forget batting Flintoff is crucial with the ball for the Ashes.

Good to note Jones is bowling well, England seem to underrate him.

Is that Shahadat or Shaheed guy playing ?

Simon Jones conceedes his first run in the 5th over !!!
5-4-2-1

waheed said:
16yrd Rahim being pushed back by Flintoff and gets hit in the box by Flintoff...
Good to see him get up quickly and push hit the ball through the covers next ball.

Seems to have mature head on his shoulders and seems to have a bit of time to play his shots. Tighter technique than hhis colleagues.

Haven't seen this guy yet. Does he really look 16 or did he go to the same place as Afridi / Abdul Razzaq to get his birth certificate? :D :))

Marooned said:
waheed said:
Marooned

Flintoff 80-83mph
Hoggard low to mid 80mph
Harmison high 80s mph

Thanks that's slower than normal stuff from Flintoff. Anyway should be back to his normal late 80s stuff in a couple of weeks. The rest are at their usual speeds. Forget batting Flintoff is crucial with the ball for the Ashes.

Good to note Jones is bowling well, England seem to underrate him.

True. Hes probably my favourite of the Pommie bowlers, but a lot of English fans dont rate him for some reason (even Vaughan appears to be in the same position).

Dreadful start for the Bangladeshis so far. Made the game difficult for themselves

don't see anything wrong with Afridi's age to be honest

Good Session for England after slow start from Hoggard and Harmison, with a few no ball problems.

Bangladesh started brightly but allways looked like they were playing too many shots before they got settlied in... from 31-0 to 85-5 in the space of 1 hr.

Jones was the outstanding bowler bowling at good pace in late 80mph range and getting late swing causing big problems for Bangladesh players, would have troubled most batsmen on this performance, unlucky not to get only one wicket.

Bangladesh need some sort of partnership after lunch and hope the sun comes out brightly so the ball may swing less...

They would be happy to get to 200 at this stage... but not impossible as they have good lower order hitters in Khalid Mahsud, Rafiqe, Murtaza

Bangladesh have been playing very ordinary shots and seem to want to swipe at the ball even when it is full.

I'm not sure if they know how to play a test match because they are playing it like an ODI.

Well Bangladesh's tail regularly out performs the top order, so I wouldnt be surprised if they reach 200

Good to see ECB doing some good work, by offering so many schools the opportunity to come to Lords to watch Test Match Cricket.

Only wish Pakistan would do this more readily and we can more filled stadiums for Tests aswell as ODI's.

Harmison and Hoggard starting after lunch...

88-5

Hoggard strikes after lunch with an inswinger, a bit unlucky ball would have missed off stump going by Hawkeye, but watching it live looked like a good shout.

88-6

Rafique Run out by Hoggard..

Raffique unlucky diving and his bat bouncing up in the air, end of bat was over the line but in the air at the time the bails came off..

Last thing Bangladesh needed...

100 not up and 7 down !!!

98/8

Harmy bowls Mashrafe

backed away to leg - surprised as he looked good against India lol

Good full length straight delivery cleans up Mortaza for Zero by Harmison

98-8

Mortaza looked very poor, moving too leg to avoid the ball every time, he had a bit of talent with the bat before his injury, on that evidence he was worse than Walsh !!!

Rahim bowled by Hoggard excellant reward for good outswing bowling.

Rahim 19 from 56 balls

Hasan Raza still has the highest score by youngest batsmen 24 he scored against Zimbabwe in 1996.

100 up for Bangladesh, something for them to cheer about.

103-9

What lead will England get by the end of the 1st days play?

220-240 runs

Waht is the record for end of day 1.

Bangladesh 108 allout in 38 overs !!!

Hoggard get the final wicket caught behind by keeper to finish with 4-48.

Jones and Hoggard the pick of the bowlers.

That will do very nicely for my fantasy cricket team.

Raz
International Debutant Joined: 29 Jan 2005

I was just thinking exactly the same ;-) :D :D

Bowlers picked up 7 wickets and Hoggard got a run out aswell, and picked up 3 catches :)

Over to the batsmen to get a couple of tons :D ;)+

what a shoddy performance by bangladesh... if england wanted they cud wrap up this game tmoz...!

waheed said:
Raz
International Debutant Joined: 29 Jan 2005

I was just thinking exactly the same ;-) :D :D

Bowlers picked up 7 wickets and Hoggard got a run out aswell, and picked up 3 catches :)

Over to the batsmen to get a couple of tons :D ;)+

Go Bell and Strauss and Mortaza to get a 5 wicket haul!

Succession of 4's bring up Englands 54-0 inside 8 overs

Shahdat going at over 10 runs an over, 4 successive 4's

Jebus, hes getting smashed.
Moral of the story is dont big yourself up before playing a game (or in general)

Bloody hell. What a good ball to get Strauss out by Mortaza LBW 148-1

353/1

This is embarassing. I am cringing on the Bangladeshi's behalf.

But as people keep saying 'they have good players, they have a good future', yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back