2nd Test | New Zealand vs Bangladesh | Dhaka, October 25-29 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalia

T20I Debutant
Runs
Match delayed because of rain...
it is unlikely there will be any play before lunch and the weather forecast isn't good for the whole Test.

The covers are on as it is raining and the weather looks gloomy. There will be an inspection at 11:00 local time but that is if the rain stops.

It is 10.08 there right now.

Alright, it's official, no more play today.
Stumps day 1.
The toss hasn't even happened yet,
and the game is starting earlier than scheduled tomorrow morning.

Day 2, and it is STILL raining.
It was supposed to start early today at 9am instead of 9.30 but the rain has been going on since yesterday afternoon.
There will be an inspection at 11 am.
But for now, no game.

Khabri420 said:
more chances of a draw :p

They say the weather forecast has been reported to be bad for all the days of this test.
I think it'll be washed out

natalia said:
They say the weather forecast has been reported to be bad for all the days of this test.
I think it'll be washed out

seems like you were looking forward to this test between the kiwis and tigers :(

30 mins until pitch inspection.
hope we get a bit of a match today atleast

Stumps Day 2.
Day 2 has been spoiled by the rain too :(
Play starts early again tomorrow morning, 9 am local.

Maybe they'll double forfeit innings, and have a one innings test?

Day 3, and the start has been delayed again due to wet outfield.
Local time 9.46am, there will be a pitch inspection at 11

They just need to cancel this match altogether...simply useless to play anymore.

Khabri420 said:
They just need to cancel this match altogether...simply useless to play anymore.

true, 2 days washed out, 3rd to be washed out soon too, what's the point...
unless they play at a run rate of above 10 and quickly score 400+ :p

Day 3 has been abandoned too. Early start again tomorrow at 09:00 local time, but I highly doubt there will be any result. The team batting first themselves will take up the atleast 1 and a half day for batting, so what's the point.

I say they double forfeit innings. Not joking.
England and South Africa did it once (Hansie Cronje era) and although that game was shrouded in controversy, I'm guessing the match was at least entertaining.

Jamal said:
I say they double forfeit innings. Not joking.
England and South Africa did it once (Hansie Cronje era) and although that game was shrouded in controversy, I'm guessing the match was at least entertaining.

Was there a result? :|
and when was it? i wanna find the scorecard on cricinfo :batman:

Search Hansie Cronje south Africa forfeit vs england into google. something should come up.

FINALLY, we get a game today.
New Zealand off to yet another crap start,
29 for 2 in 9 overs

and new zealand are now 49 for 3!~ shahadat hossain gets a wicket in his first over

rajib seems to be learning to move the ball off the seam. got mike hussey out that way in the ODIs last month.

if he can reverse it consistently it will be good.

NZ should declare when they get around 100 or 150
then bangladesh should make some very quick runs... get around a lead of 50
make nz bat fast again
and then bangladesh need to bat even faster

but i doubt it will happen :O

233/6.
and ashraful strikes on the 66.6th delivery - 6th ball of the 66th over.
:batman:

NZ 262-6 declared

Vettori takes 3 wickets in one over to leave Bangladesh 10-3
Follow-on target is 63 and one day left

I will not be surprised if Bangladesh lose inside 2 days such is the standard of the cricket they tend to produce!

tomorrow will be interesting if NZ can get Bangladesh out in first session. Will they bat again or just declare? They will probably have to bat for an hour to get 200 run lead and have 35 overs left.

I doubt they will take the chance

Amjid Javed said:
I will not be surprised if Bangladesh lose inside 2 days such is the standard of the cricket they tend to produce!

we've never lost inside 2 days to far stronger teams. this kiwi team will get 10 wickets and be another 10 short.

if the umps had given us the light an over earlier we'd be in a much better position.

vettori is good, but he ain't no "take 3 wickets in a maiden over" magician

NZ should try and wrap up the Bangladeshi innings for under 100...bat a few overs and put the tigers back in to bat...would be awesome to see a result here

2.1 Lee to Sehwag, OUT, and he's gone! Lee strikes, rapping a leaden-footed Sehwag on the crease, he didn't move his feet at all, bat coming down way to late and the ball pitches on a length and strikes him on the front pad in front of middle and leg, Lee is off in celebration and Aleem Dar raises the finger of fate

wow...interesting! Sehwag and Lee have hijacked the Bangladesh vs NZ match...talk about entertainment

shakib is doing a great job man he's a great player for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back