After-match discussion thread day 3 [26/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan need to bowl india out b4 lunch day 4

At the latest if they want to have any cahnce at all off trying to force a result. india currently 343/5 with 12 overs left on day 3...! A lead off 150 or maybe more cud be an ideal platform for pakistan to quickly build on to set india an ideal last inns run chase.

pakistan may have to risk lossing 2-0 to draw 1-1... but thats got to be done!

come on pakistan knock over the tail quickly please!

hope people like Balaji,Pathan,Chuckie and Kumble don't provide any resistance.

me to... pakistan need a blast off innings from afridi aswell

i agree AJ - no shame in losing 2-0 if we go for the win, few quick wickets then bat whole day 4- inshallah wont need more than hour to get em out - then we need an afridi special - likely to have a day to bowl them out

pakistan need laxman out very very soon....

I would rather go down 2-0 attacking a win, than end up in a tame draw.

Oxy™ said:
I would rather go down 2-0 attacking a win, than end up in a tame draw.

i agree... we may have to dangle a carrot infront off india to get a win...!

close off play - Pakistan 570
India 379/6

huge 1st session needed by pakistan tmoz....!

defo we need to pick laxman quick time, i would start with afridi and sami maybe they can surprise the 2 indian batsmen

w4s1m786 said:
defo we need to pick laxman quick time, i would start with afridi and sami maybe they can surprise the 2 indian batsmen

I agree!

agree with Amjid.

I'ds rather we go for the win and end up losing 2-0 than go for the draw

We bowl India out as early as possible tomorrow and have a two session blitz.....hopefully a good few from Afridi and Razzaq.

Pakistan still in chance. INSHALLAH we will dismiss them within 1 hr tomorrow. But i think so Inzi and YK has under bowled Shahid . wht u guys think. just 10 overs as opposed to Arshad's 25. Arshad never seemed to get any wicket.

laxative had to come to form now of all times didn't he.

Get him in the first over.

game plan

1) knock over indian tail quickly

2) rocket powered afridi inns to get pakistan quick runs

3) declare and set india 300-350 win

4) bowl india out day 5

5) pakistan team does bhangara dance in middle off pitch

amjid when do u think the best score for pakistan to set india to win is

Amjid Javed said:
game plan

1) knock over indian tail quickly

2) rocket powered afridi inns to get pakistan quick runs

4) bowl india out day 5

5) pakistan team does bhangara dance in middle off pitch

With Inzi and Bob leading the way with the dancing!

this is risky. Sehwag factor will be on the minds of Pakistanis. i agree that Pak shd attack but not at the expense of losing this test match. 1-0 is still better to read. and we can say that if our batsman wud have played well on the 5th day at kolkotta then it wud be 0-0.

i would take a quickfire 250 from pakistan play it like 50 over game and promote razzaq up the order

w4s1m786 said:
amjid when do u think the best score for pakistan to set india to win is

i recon 300-350 max is total pakistan need to give india... pakistan need to give themselves time to bowl india out...

also dangling a carrot infront off india may make it easier to get wickets...

pakistan have to be brave id rather lose 2-0 trying to draw 1-1.

no point lossing tamely 1-0....

pakistan need to shows some heart and guts and be prepared to lose to win!

nedian21 said:

this is risky. Sehwag factor will be on the minds of Pakistanis. i agree that Pak shd attack but not at the expense of losing this test match. 1-0 is still better to read. and we can say that if our batsman wud have played well on the 5th day at kolkotta then it wud be 0-0.

so ud rather we just gutlessly gave up and lost 1-0???

pakistan might aswell give india sumat to chase so that it opens chnace 2 take more wickets!

also shewag averages 20 odd in 2nd inns off tests....

pakistan batting india out of game means india will block for a draw!

so ud rather we just gutlessly gave up and lost 1-0???

pakistan might aswell give india sumat to chase so that it opens chnace 2 take more wickets!

also shewag averages 20 odd in 2nd inns off tests....

pakistan batting india out of game means india will block for a draw!

i m not saying we shd gutlessly give up. but have to be careful tomorrow morning session is key. if we can get out the tail within an hr. then as u said Afridi special is needed. BUT we all know that anything can happen with Afridi say for eg he is out cheaply then we have to be very careful. Yasir wont do anything. and YK and Inzi have already make biggies so one of them is bound to fail . I hope i m wrong. but i have seen and observe this in past. 3-4 quick wkts and we r in bit of bother. over agression can be very dangerous. i wud be happy to see 1-0 as opposed to 2-0. No one will remember that Pakistan took chances.

i understand ur point pakistan have to score runs quickly but not be wreckless however pakistan have to be postive and look to win this game!

nedian21 said:

I agree wid the shewag factor but u have to take into notice he doesnt bat well in second innings averages only 24 compare to 74.45 in the first inngs
Khair ..

we need to knock em over within 50-75 runs.

They are 191 behind at the moment. If we bowl them out in about 20 overs and they score 70 runs, say. That gives us a lead of 121 and 70 overs to face in the day.

We bat for 60 of them and score a good 260 odd and that would put set them 380 in 3 sessions and about 10 overs. This is the ideal scenario for me.

yea if we can bowl em out for under 420 and then smack the ball around getting a lead of about 360-370 then india will really be under pressure but i doubt they will be going for a win as we are they are fine sitting at 1-0 looking pretty altho im sure they wanna go for 2nd place in the icc table so they gotta try to win it (WHICH THEY WONT INSHALLAH!!)

its all over for me !..i can't see Pakistani bowlers getting us those last 4 wickets tomorrow in quick 15-17 overs!..the match is going to be a boring draw!

Be positive man! Pray to Allah man! He will bring us victory inshallah!

360-370 is to many... off 90-100 overs india will play for a draw.

no team has ever chased 300+ in india to win..!

300 wud be ideal i blv 350 wud be pushing it to much!

But 300 from 90-100 overs is risky Amjid. India will go for victory then! Sehwag will definately go after the bowling!

Amjid Javed said:
360-370 is to many... off 90-100 overs india will play for a draw.

no team has ever chased 300+ in india to win..!

300 wud be ideal i blv 350 wud be pushing it to much!

we need to get their remaining wickets in first 15 overs tomorrow to stand any chance

we rather lose the series 2/0 than not trying to win,atleast wel go down fighting ,its bin a good series so far with many ups n downs iv enjoyed the cricket

It will all come down to the first session. If India are still batting after lunch, it will be a draw for sure.

Aslaam

I think it will be easy inshallah to finish off the tail, and it will be easy to make a quick lead, as our batsmen ae in top class form, what will be hard is to get India out a second time. I mean, they are the most boring team in the world, they have the most boring tactics in the world. They will play for a draw and with sehwag, dravid 'the wall', tendulkar, laxman, gambir, and kartik, and with our main strike bowlers out, it will be hard to get all 11 wickets in time. But insh'Allah i hope we can pull it off and win.

Raz said:
But 300 from 90-100 overs is risky Amjid. India will go for victory then! Sehwag will definately go after the bowling!

well wud u rather india block and play for a draw and pakistan lose series 1-0?

id rather pakistan give there all and lose 2-0 trying to draw 1-1...

end off day a draw doesnt benefit pakistan!

if india take risks more chance off wickets!

i think many people forget no1 has chased 300+ to win a test in india!

Inzi needs to utilize his bowlers properly, and keep Razzaq away from the attack if possible. I would open with Kaneria and Sami and would only bring Arshad on if Pathan is still there other wise let Afridi attack the tail.

Start with Sami and Shahid tomorrow i say. They stand the best of chance of knocking the tail over.

the highest ever 4th innings score in Bangalore is 239.

If that is the highest score then amjid is right . Give them a a target of 315 that wud invite them to play for a win. Then we got some chance to win !

Sami and afridi need to bowl first up tomorrow...........

agree, put on Sami and Afridi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back