Australia v England | 5th Test | Day 3 | 5th Jan 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
Starts in half an hour, Australia already lead by 311.

Go Australia.

Hope they can bat for another half an hour or so. Possibly go for 350 and then declare.

I hope the test is over by today.

Can the English team give any crumb of a highlight to their fans on this tour?

Odds are against it.

Australia will declare at 400 or a little above if they can manage it . Let's see how pitch plays out , though I'd like to see seam and swing and nothing far from it .

From English boys , I'd love to see another rearguard action from Stokes who's so far for me has been the player of the whole series for them .

If I was Clarke, unless bowled out, I would declare with an hour to go this evening. They should have a lead of 550 with 6.5 sessions to get England out.

Bailey timing the ball well, with Australia in such a dominant position, he can treat this as a one day inns, a format he has had great success in .

Interesting stats from the Sky commentary team:

Chris Rodges is now the highest run scorer over these 10 ashes tests

Broad the highest wkt taker with 42, Harris 2nd with 41.

Bailey just wasted the opportunity to break lara's record.

Declare at tea ør just bfore me thinks

What's the hurry? 2 more days left, can bat all day today if they wished, really rub England's noses in it by even getting the lead to 600 by the end of today.

Australia will probably get bowled out with around 450 lead.... Unbelievable run rate in both innings on this pitch ....

With that wkt, Stokes's batting average is now higher than his bowling. 33.33 to 32.73

I thought "top 8" games are always competitive? England are basically playing worse than minnows.

Haven't seen a bat break like that in a while

Aleem dar umpiring and Shane Warne in the com box.

Oh the irony !

He only scores runs when there is no pressure on and the game is won

He's batted well throughout the tour and been unlucky with some dismissals. Handled a tricky chase in Melbourne well and yesterday provided an anchor when the top order wobbled again. If you're looking at a bloke who has scored runs when the game has been safe look no further than Watson. And for a bloke who has scored no runs at all, look at Cook!

He's batted well throughout the tour and been unlucky with some dismissals. Handled a tricky chase in Melbourne well and yesterday provided an anchor when the top order wobbled again. If you're looking at a bloke who has scored runs when the game has been safe look no further than Watson. And for a bloke who has scored no runs at all, look at Cook!

I assumed he was talking about Bailey. Surely nobody could say that Rogers was a junktime player.

Jonno strikes

Carbs :out for 43 edged through to the keeper after trying to cut the ball

England have made Mitchell Johnson look unplayable :facepalm:

I assumed he was talking about Bailey. Surely nobody could say that Rogers was a junktime player.

Oh Bailey? Totally agree. He just gives the slips catching practice. With the offstump line that Steyn and Philander bowl he will be a sitting duck.

The Zim is :out

LBW to Jonno didn't even bother reviewing that was plumb

England have made Mitchell Johnson look unplayable :facepalm:

He has bowled with aggression and pace here , most teams would have struggled.

Also having Watson and Siddle in the side has given him the space to bowl short effective spells.

@#$% I was going to go to the cricket tomorrow but looks like it will be done and dusted today

Sorry about the language but truly woeful stuff from a top 4 team :facepalm:

@#$% I was going to go to the cricket tomorrow but looks like it will be done and dusted today
Worst Ashes series I've seen, it's like seeing a top 4 team play an affiliate.

Bairstow out for a quacker :duck

Lyon spins one that takes the outside edge

6 down lol this one will be over in the next 10mins.

What makes it even more amazing is they were favourites going into this. Think of how we were all feeling at tea on Day 1 at the Gabba

Haha England obviously want to go home

Borthwick :out

Yeah we get it, you don't rate the ashes.

Why are you watching it and then posting about it if it's so boring?

I find it bizzare to see Flower retained. For such a pathetic performance heads needed to roll all across the board from the players to the coaching staff.

I don't rate the Ashes, but some people on here like to think it's the greatest thing to happen to cricket.

It's always good to give the Aussie and Englishmen a wake up call from their day dreams.

Johnson truly terrorized and owned English batsmen.

I thought Indians are pathetic against quick short pitch bowling, but England is proving that they are no better.

I don't rate the Ashes, but some people on here like to think it's the greatest thing to happen to cricket.

It's always good to give the Aussie and Englishmen a wake up call from their day dreams.

Just wondering , how old are you? The ashes have produced some of the greatest contests and crowds in the history of cricket ....

England must have decided at tea that they want to have two days off. It's supposed to be sunny in Sydney tomorrow and Tuesday they must want to go to the beach.

Hobbits are always jealous of the elves that live in beautiful Lothlorien :D

Just wondering , how old are you? The ashes have produced some of the greatest contests and crowds in the history of cricket ....
So you seriously consider the Ashes to be the pinnacle of cricket?.. The series as a whole is heavily over rated to the point where some fans consider a Ashes series win greater than a WC win.

Last edited:

He lives in the Land of the Long Black Cloud. Nuff said :D

So you seriously consider the Ashes to be the pinnacle of cricket?..

No since I am not an aussie or a pom, but it's certainly up there..... Some of the greatest performances in test cricket have been in the ashes..

The ashes is the pinnacle for aussies and the english i don't care what others think of it and i don't care if they consider another series to be the pinnacle thats their choice and i won't judge it.

We aren't forcing you to watch it or like it or post about it, but you are basically admitting to trolling so just give it a rest.

No since I am not an aussie or a pom, but it's certainly up there..... Some of the greatest performances in test cricket have been in the ashes..
How many other teams are there that play 5 matches with each other every 2-3 years?

So you seriously consider the Ashes to be the pinnacle of cricket?.. The series as a whole is heavily over rated to the point where some fans consider a Ashes series win greater than a WC win.

Well lets be honest anyone can win a WC. Oh except...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back