Being dropped from the Test XI : What does that do for Yasir Shah's confidence?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
I understand the horses for courses policy.

However, where does this leave Yasir Shah? From a must-have to a maybe, it must dent his confidence. If we have 4 fast-bowlers of quality then you could say that but being dropped to make way for a newish bowler like Imran Khan would be an affront.

Remember Yasir Shah is supposed to be able to succeed on all surfaces.

I just hope he uses this as an opportunity to remind himself that he has to work harder in the future.

One of the worst decisions ever in the history of cricket. He should never be dropped again, on any surface, because he can click any where, as he had proved at Lord's.

I don't think that confidence will ever be an issue for Yasir Shah.

However, where does this leave Yasir Shah? From a must-have to a maybe, it must dent his confidence. If we have 4 fast-bowlers of quality then you could say that but being dropped to make way for a newish bowler like Imran Khan would be an affront.

I just hope he uses this as an opportunity to remind himself that he has to work harder in the future.

Sir Imran Khan picked up 3 wickets.. I mean he was newish I would agree with you, but both of them almost debuted the same time for Pakistan if I'm not wrong, and both of them made their names against Australia in 2014

Yasir although went on to gather some amazing stats, Imran Khan provided good support to him, and his last performance was a 5'fer against SL in Galle I think...

And how would bowling just 4 overs or going without a wicket enhance his confidence?

Yasir is a smart fellow and I'm sure he knows he was dropped just for this test only which has nothing for spinners.

Wheather it was the right decision or not I don't think it will affect Yasir Shah.

He should understand why the management made the decision and when I saw him fielding as a substitute he looked like his usual self - full of energy bubbling with enthusiasm.

He's an international cricketer, who's one of the best at what he does

He was left for strategic reasons, won't do anything to his confidence. He isn't a child

Hey may have been dropped because it was NZ ? Maybe he is being given a rest ? Maybe he requested a rest ?

He showed at Old Trafford and Edgbaston that, superb as he is, he can't cope with greenish surfaces.

Great. He's gonna play with a chip on his shoulder. Expect him to have a big series in Australia, particularly in Melbourne and Sydney.

I don't think it will affect him. He is too good a bowler for that.

Back