Bowler (from Kotli, Azad Kashmir) impresses Rahul Dravid at nets

withlovefrom vizag

Local Club Star
Runs
MELBOURNE: It took a thunderbolt from a Kashmiri lad to breach The Wall. Rahul Dravid, who is in the form of his life, was an early bird at the Team India nets on Sunday.

Even as Dravid was enjoying the 'throwdowns' from bowling coach Eric Simons, up stepped 27-year-old Imran Arif, a fast bowler from Azad Kashmir who now lives in the UK.

Arif, who has played first-class cricket for Worcestershire, beat Dravid twice and dismissed VVS Laxman twice to earn praise from the Indian duo.

"Dravid stopped me in my run up, congratulated me for my sharp bowling and inquired about my background. It was a really nice gesture on his part," said Arif, who is in Australia to play club cricket.

Asked how he was called up for the Team India nets, Arif said, "I had made the approach through Zaheer Khan, whom I know from his days at Worcestershire. I have played against top English players on the county circuit, but never got a chance to bowl to Indian players. I just wanted to test myself at this level," said Arif, who aspires to play at the highest level and is open to any interesting offer from any country.

Last edited:
Imran Arif is a top bowler from Pakistan plays in England.
Hope he plays for England one day

Even our oversies domestic bowlers are too good for the Indian batsmen, and are better then there bowlers :)

Good gesture by Dravid, thats why many Pakistani people respect him more then any othet batsmen.

Last edited:
Good guy is Dravid...Sachin would have never done that.

of course, AZAD KASHMIR is a controversial province and

I wud like to remind arif's words "Arif, who aspires to play at the highest level and is open to any interesting offer from any country.

MODS, PLEASE CHANGE TITLE TO AZAD KASHMIR.

I've seen Arif bowl a few times, he decent but nothing special.

of course, AZAD KASHMIR is a controversial province and

I wud like to remind arif's words "Arif, who aspires to play at the highest level and is open to any interesting offer from any country.

Yeah highest level as in County cricket....in terms of HIGHEST level, its only Pakistan or England...

Asked how he was called up for the Team India nets, Arif said, "I had made the approach through Zaheer Khan, whom I know from his days at Worcestershire. I have played against top English players on the county circuit, but never got a chance to bowl to Indian players. I just wanted to test myself at this level," said Arif, who aspires to play at the highest level and is open to any interesting offer from any country.

IPL beckoning

he is from Khuirata Azad Kashmir and i have known him some years,He is very polite gentleman,a very good cricketer who played his league cricket for Saltaire in Bradford league and won league bowling averages.

Arif, who has played first-class cricket for Worcestershire, beat Dravid twice and dismissed VVS Laxman twice to earn praise from the Indian duo.

Dravid beaten twice but not dismissed. :p
Laxman was probably beaten twice and got dismissed both the times.

He never made it at Worcestershire.... But open to offers from any country?

I bet most of your current Team would play for india , let alone some one from Kashmir ;)

Not really but you might need some of them after this series, i see half of the batting line up kissing the game bye, time to go back to what you really were?:p 6 years been a good ride though, time for a humble pie buddy because the "success" is getting to your head :p

There is really nothing to speak about this guys first class record.Just a media hype

He is a good bowler a azad kashmiri player only hop that he could only play cricket abroad in pak team they will not take him i personaly know many boys who are wanted to play in pak team but they not give any chance to them

Does Kashmir has a team in Pakistan domestic cricket?If not where do their players play?Which team?

Famous first class cricketers from Azad Kashmir,Abdur Rauf(test cricketer), Afaq Raheem,Naqash Basharat mir usman,and English qualified players in county cricket, Adil Rashid Kabir Ali,Kadeer ali, Moin Ali, and Shaaiq Choudhry

Top wicket taker in recently concluded Hong Kong t20 Blitz, with 12 wickets In 5 matches

Last edited:
Famous first class cricketers from Azad Kashmir,Abdur Rauf(test cricketer), Afaq Raheem,Naqash Basharat mir usman,and English qualified players in county cricket, Adil Rashid Kabir Ali,Kadeer ali, Moin Ali, and Shaaiq Choudhry
Abdur Rauf I think not from AJK same as Adil Rasheed Family, Naqash Bashrat is not so famous,
Recent notable players Salman Irshad from Rawalakot also Zaman Khan from mirpur who recenlty played for Multan Sultan in exhibition match

Back