Bowling speed gun help needed

Muhammad Saad

T20I Debutant
Runs
I have recently purchased speedtrac x radar and have currently clocked my speed without runup that is just bowling from standing position without running at all in my room and to my surprise i have managed only 80km/h so far as top speed and i have bowled at full throttle, mind that i do managed to clock 124ks with a pro gun in trials with a proper runup but that was 14 years ago when i was 17 so tell me did i lost all my pace or i have bought a faulty speed gun? Help me guys i am really down at the momenr

How can i be slower than a spinner when i am bowling at full throttle and used to be bowling in 120ks back then.

Bear in mind even these days when i play cricket the keeper stands atleast 5 meters away from stumps and i am still bowling quite quickly so 80km reading i can't digest, is it a faulty speed gun?

You answered it yourself. You're bowling from a standstill.

But still only 80km/h? BTW its 84km/h now so far my top speed. How much runup gonna change it? I will bowl with a run up today and post the result.

Managed 100k with 3 space runup i think the gun is accurate enough, will now do proper bowling on a ground on weekends. Pretty sure i am gonna touch 120k again.

Buddy, if you were bowling more than 120kph or something, you would have been playing First Class Cricket in Pakistan... Speed Gun is telling you the truth which you are refusing to accept that you are trundler...

I have recently purchased speedtrac x radar and have currently clocked my speed without runup that is just bowling from standing position without running at all in my room and to my surprise i have managed only 80km/h so far as top speed and i have bowled at full throttle, mind that i do managed to clock 124ks with a pro gun in trials with a proper runup but that was 14 years ago when i was 17 so tell me did i lost all my pace or i have bought a faulty speed gun? Help me guys i am really down at the momenr

Where did you buy it from and how much did it cost you?

Bought it dirt cheap from karachi bolee Pkr 4k, can share the mobile number of the guy who is selling it if you want

Buddy, if you were bowling more than 120kph or something, you would have been playing First Class Cricket in Pakistan... Speed Gun is telling you the truth which you are refusing to accept that you are trundler...
I did managed 116k again with full runup last weekend. Good enough for a non regular 31 year old guy.

Itd actually pretty saddening that none of the younger guys around 16 to 23 in my area managed more than 100k most of them bowls in 80s and 90s and couple of them touching just above 100k as their top speed, so i am still bowling quicker than them which exactly not a proud feeling.

Back