CA Grading System Help

momin97

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
aoa

can any1 plz tell me d main differencs between ca 12000+ 10000+ 9000+ etc it bcoz my frend said sumfin different n now im confused

Walakiumasalam,

CA 12000 Plus, is the top of the line CA bat whereas CA 10000 Plus follows it. CA 9000 Plus is a laminated bat.

All three of them are grade 1 whereas CA 12000 Plus's cleft would be tad better than CA 10000 Plus which will be slightly better than CA 9000 Plus.

Hope it helps.

Let me know if you have anymore question(s)

No between CA 12000 Plus and CA 12000 Plus TRD LE there is a massive difference. From physical observation I came to a conclusion that TRD has a better cleft than CA 12000 Plus whereas the size of the cleft of TRD was different than 12000 Plus where TRD had a bigger size cleft. Lastly the profile was different as TRD has long big sweetspot compare to CA 12000 Plus.

Hope this helps.

once upon a time there used to be 4 grades of English willow. G 1 2 3 4

Then someone thought G1 isnt expensive enough so lets have LE or limited edition.

Then came a lot of marketing and stickers and new name bats and then there were a lot of grades like Players Grade, LE, G1+++++++, g1++ etc......

more often than not the difference is not as much as the price indicates - in between the top end bats I mean. See one you like the pickup and general look of- should be good.

I agree and I think CA plus 10k, plus 12k and plus 12k trd are made from same quality willow.

I agree and I think CA plus 10k, plus 12k and plus 12k trd are made from same quality willow.

true if u were to say all r grade 1 but def there is difference in the performance...i wud think that they use the lighter clefts for TRD...as they all seem to be huge for the weight...

I strongly believe the cleft being used for TRD is light/low density. I have seen few TRDs now and all of them have had big profiles for its weight plus ascetically they have been perfect.

here is how it goes in descending order

CA Plus 12000 TRD LE
CA Plus Custom
CA Plus 10000 LE/ Mani LE
CA Plus 12000
CA Plus 10000
CA Plus 9000 (Laminated)
CA Plus 8000
CA Plus 5000 and so on .

The best thing to do if you want a good bat and save money is examine Plus 8000 and Plus 10000 bats closely, you will find as good as the LE bats in these models as well from time to time. May be the edges wouldn't be over 35mm but i think thats not a big deal.

here is how it goes in descending order

CA Plus 12000 TRD LE
CA Plus Custom
CA Plus 10000 LE/ Mani LE
CA Plus 12000
CA Plus 10000
CA Plus 9000 (Laminated)
CA Plus 8000
CA Plus 5000 and so on .

The best thing to do if you want a good bat and save money is examine Plus 8000 and Plus 10000 bats closely, you will find as good as the LE bats in these models as well from time to time. May be the edges wouldn't be over 35mm but i think thats not a big deal.
mr armie - thanks for the post.. clears up some questions i had too.. but what about the bat profiles, shape, etc? they all look very similar in pictures (esp all the 12000s).. is there a difference between 12000 and TRD in terms of shape, profile etc?

There is very little difference in profile, if any. The real difference is in willow density i guess and appearance. I have seen bats as big as 38mm in 2lbs 7 which basically means that they are fairly dry and density of the willow is also low. The one other difference is that the pickup on the higher models is even lighter in some cases.

The difference between a Plus 12000 and a Plus 12000 TRD is mainly price. Willow may be slightly better on the later but a carefully selected Plus 12000 would be equally good.

Back