Caribbean Premier League 2016 | Day 25 | Lauderhill | Jul 30th | Match Thread

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
Jamaica Tallawahs Team
TP Allen, NE Bonner, JA Foo, CH Gayle*, Imad Wasim, JL Jaggesar, AM McCarthy, GE Mathurin, D Paterson, R Powell, AI Ross, AD Russell, KC Sangakkara†, Shakib Al Hasan, O Thomas, CAK Walton, KOK Williams

St Lucia Zouks Team
J Charles, DYA Davis, GD Elliott, ADS Fletcher†, MEK Hussey, DE Johnson, NR Kumar, E Leie, K Lesporis, KR Mayers, DA Miller, M Morkel, GD Pope, K Ramsaran, DJG Sammy*, S Shillingford, JE Taylor, SR Watson

Barbados Tridents Team
Ahmed Shehzad, SR Taylor, D Wiese, Shoaib Malik, N Pooran†, KA Pollard*, AJ Hosein, RA Reifer, R Rampaul, I Khan, M de Lange, RJ Peterson, AR Nurse, JO Holder, SK Springer, ND Stewart, KA Hope, KAM Corbin

Guyana Amazon Warriors Team
DR Smith, NJ Maddinson, CA Lynn, JN Mohammed, CD Barnwell, Sohail Tanvir, A Bramble†, RR Emrit*, SA Jacobs, A Zampa, V Permaul, SO Hetmyer, O Peters, AB Fudadin, D Bishoo, PG Wintz, S Katwaroo

Last edited:
Wow, kind of sad that this has no response. A good crowd has come out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

93025b59c0cbd7b72a48cc8b220b9bfa.jpg

Crowd from the north end

Watson gone for 43 off 20, Miller in. Pitch is a road today

After 18, zouks are 186 for 2, should be comfortably over 200

Not a great performance by Imad, but this seems to be a belter.

Tallawahs have the fire-power to chase it down, though.

Well, Gayle is gone for just 13, so we shall see

I like these matches in US.I hope there are more of them
Gayle has said they intend to return next year which is good.

On a side note, St. Lucia beats Jamaica by 63 runs in the first match of today's double header. Let's see if match 2 is more competitive

On a side note, St. Lucia beats Jamaica by 63 runs in the first match of today's double header. Let's see if match 2 is more competitive

y didnt imad came to bat?? is he injured?

I know but I am liking the prospects of India/WI in US and All Stars.I hope there are some franchises from US as well next year

I know but I am liking the prospects of India/WI in US and All Stars.I hope there are some franchises from US as well next year
I think that is the goal. It was also nice to see a cameo from timroy Allen of the USA.

I don't intend to see WI/India, I may be put of country at the time of the match, plus American football season starts in September. I will see all Stars if they come again.

I don't know wasim's status, if I hear anything I will let you know.

Last edited:
I think that is the goal. It was also nice to see a cameo from timroy Allen of the USA.

I don't intend to see WI/India, I may be put of country at the time of the match, plus American football season starts in September. I will see all Stars if they come again.

I don't know wasim's status, if I hear anything I will let you know.

I don't know why they don't plan Pak/Ind series in US.There will be huge turnout and I know the problem lies in TV Revenue but both of the countries are cricket mad and people would wake up to watch the matches

I don't know why they don't plan Pak/Ind series in US.There will be huge turnout and I know the problem lies in TV Revenue but both of the countries are cricket mad and people would wake up to watch the matches
Because India wants all the revenue, but Pakistan wouldn't accept that and for good reason. No reason for high earning Pakistanis here to be benefiting the BCCI.

BCCI doesn't want to play Pakistan, period. They are already making enough money from their scheduled fixtures.

Shehzad batting now.... giving his side good momentum with this awesome start of 6 runs from 11 balls.

37 off 20, I'll take it. An American came in at 3 and exceeded expectations

632436fbb2ba85a6b7f06d0a106975a0.jpg

Just after the Taylor wicket

Malik goes after clubbing a six through long off. 35 off 33

Pollard going well at the other end.

It was a good match and a thrilling chase. I had no cheering interest, though I was hoping a little bit for Barbados to win since they featured a number of Pakistanis plus Steven Taylor, the American batsman.

Shehzad was fielding at long on-off (depending on the batsman, please correct me if I'm wrong) and was pretty sociable with the fans, as was Chris Lynn. Shoaib Malik was out there as well, but he was fielding at the other long position.

One thing-you could tell the difference in fitness level between Pakistani and other players. While Shehzad's fitness has clearly gotten better, Chris Lynn was much faster than he was. However, Shehzad didn't get targeted much-Guyana preferred to go to midwicket for their boundaries, at least from visual observations (haven't looked at wagon wheel yet).

It was a good match and a thrilling chase. I had no cheering interest, though I was hoping a little bit for Barbados to win since they featured a number of Pakistanis plus Steven Taylor, the American batsman.

Shehzad was fielding at long on-off (depending on the batsman, please correct me if I'm wrong) and was pretty sociable with the fans, as was Chris Lynn. Shoaib Malik was out there as well, but he was fielding at the other long position.

One thing-you could tell the difference in fitness level between Pakistani and other players. While Shehzad's fitness has clearly gotten better, Chris Lynn was much faster than he was. However, Shehzad didn't get targeted much-Guyana preferred to go to midwicket for their boundaries, at least from visual observations (haven't looked at wagon wheel yet).

Back