Caribbean Premier League 2016 | Day 7 | Basseterre | Jul 6th | Match Thread

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots team
LMP Simmons, E Lewis, F du Plessis*, JT Smuts, JL Carter, DC Thomas†, CR Brathwaite, NLTC Perera, K Santokie, S Badree, T Shamsi

Barbados Tridents team
SR Taylor, Shoaib Malik, AB de Villiers, KA Pollard*, N Pooran†, D Wiese, AR Nurse, I Khan, AJ Hosein, WD Parnell, R Rampaul

Starting time: 23:00 GMT (04:00 PST)

St Kitts and Nevis Patriots won the toss and chose to bat.

Last edited:
Brathwaite has come in too late. The others were busy striking at 110-120. :facepalm:

Great bowling by Wiese. Only 6 runs scored in the last over.

Patriots end on 162/8.

A measured approach by Malik and company in the early stages, but Tridents need to raise their tempo in order to prevent the rising required rate from getting out of hand.

Good partnership between these two. Tridents can take risks to up the ante as they have eight wickets in hand.

Master chaser Shobby. Shouldve opened with him and Sharjeel in the world t20 and we may have seen the semis with Pakistan in it potentially getting revenge on Indian

We rather opened with the dud Shehzad and kept a gold mine like Malik in the middle order. :facepalm:

Off day with the ball for Shamsi. Tridents appear to have nailed this chase.

Master chaser Shobby. Shouldve opened with him and Sharjeel in the world t20 and we may have seen the semis with Pakistan in it potentially getting revenge on Indian

We rather opened with the dud Shehzad and kept a gold mine like Malik in the middle order. :facepalm:

AB in the presentation ceremony:
"I really enjoyed batting with Shoaib Malik. He thinks similar to me in the way he wants to pace his innings. Looking forward to the rest of the season with him.".

Back