Chief Minister XI vs PCB Chairman's XI l Practice Match | Lahore | 4/10/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman's XI lead by 107 on the 3rd and final day.

Can they push for victory?

Qaddafi Stadium has a poor drainage system, it did not rain so heavily as it looks out to be.

Update: Match to resume after Jumah prayer: Ary News..

I don't think there'e going to be a game... Umar Akmal will have to wait till UAE game now...

PCB website says PCB XI won by 7 wickets

Last edited:
I guess both openers here are battling to cement a spot in team for games v S.A

I guess both openers here are battling to cement a spot in team for games v S.A
Shan Masood doesn't look ready for the big time yet IMO. Should have been tried in the Zimbabwe series to develop him....but its too late for that now

Khurram Manzoor is playing a positive innings but has played quite a few loose shots. If he was to play like this against SA then it could be quick early runs which is a definite positive or he could end up throwing his wicket away which will create pressure!!! Additionally, he won't get as many bad /wide deliveries as he has done so far this innings.

like the aggressive Khurram
I like the aggressive Khurram too....pakistan need an aggressive top order batsman.

Nasir Jamshed used to play attacking shots, playing each ball on its merit. But recently he has started to play much more defensively this doesn't give the innings any impotus and as a result he ends up throwing his wicket away. I hope he can come back to the team and play the cricket that everyone loved watching him play.

50 for khurram in no time , while azhar and asad took years

Khurram, Azhar and Zulfiqar the only players whio gained something from this match

Hopefully players who didn't get a chance to perform in this match get a better shot in the upcoming practise games..

Pakistan A v Sth Africans at Sharjah
Oct 8-10, 2013 (10:00 local | 06:00 GMT | 19:00 NZDT)
U.A.E. v Pakistanis at Abu Dhabi
Oct 9-10, 2013 (10:00 local | 06:00 GMT | 19:00 NZDT)

Umar Akmal and Shahbaz Shareef looks like good old friends :13:

Looks like Khuram Mansoor has cemented one opening spot for the series v S.A then.

can any one post the detail scorecard of match please.?

1uzt.png

pc1x.png

2g63.png

Last edited:
viable conclusions from this game are- we will likely keep a similar squad for the first test (shafiq, azhar, manzoor will play), and zulqarnain will likely come in for rehman- I have no idea of what happens with hafeez or who replaces him if he is dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back