Classic Pakistani Band Music

hamid.s

Debutant
Runs
Hello PPers!

I recently came across Amir Zaki's Mera Pyar. A Pakistani friend of mind sent it to me and I have been mesmerized by it. Such a great song.

So can you guys suggest/share more of the 80s/90s great Pakistani band songs. Similar to Amir Zaki.

I have heard almost all of Junoon and Jal. Also saw them live when they came to Dhaka multiple times over the years.

Thanks!

Man I replayed Amir Zaki's Mera Pyar about a hundred times in the last two weeks or so since he passed away. I grew up with that song.

Btw Jal is not from the 90s.

The biggest bands from the 90s are Vital Signs and Junoon. Give a listen to Vital Signs songs they are awesome. Strings is another excellent band. I always get the Coldplay vibe from Strings. Let me dig up some of my favourite Pakistani songs from the 90s and post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks [MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION]. Yup, Jal is from 2000s and I remember going to their concerts. I mentioned them because Junoon/Jal are arguably the most famous Pak banks in BD.

I never heard of Amir Zaki until few weeks ago. Have heard Alamgir but he is from a much earlier generation.

This song isn't great.. but the video is much ahead of its time. The song came out in 2000.

I don't know how to post videos here but I will recommend something for you.

Sometimes you have to admit that nothing will ever match "Dil ki Lagi". Nazia Hasan was an unearthly voice.

Haroon and faakhir's band was awesome too in the 90's. It was called awaz

EP was good in the early 2000's but they broke up very soon. Noori was the best band in 2000's as a whole

Vital Signs - Do Pal Ka Jeevan

Epic Karate version

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bj5EamtZIGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alamgeer and Nazia Hasan. Classic pop music from yesteryear.

Junoon
Vital Signs
Awaz (later their individual numbers were good too)
Sajjad Ali
Bunny
Hadiqa Kiyani
Ali Haider
Jupitors
Fakhr e Alam
Najam Shiraz
Salim Javed

This song isn't great.. but the video is much ahead of its time. The song came out in 2000.

I remember this video and remember us being mighty impressed with it. True, ahead of its time. But then again Awaz's videos were always pretty modern. Remember Jadoo ka Chiraagh? That video pretty much started this video culture in our pop.

Back