Congratulations Stuart Broad - 100th Test!

Suleiman

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Underrated pacer this guy. Playing his 100th game today.

Is on wrong terms with a lot of fans of different teams, but he is a world class pacer.

Where do you rate him currently in the world? What will he end up with when he decides to hang his boots?

Congratulations on achieving this milestone. He has been a top performer in the second half of his career.

Hats off to him for building a great career, I initially thought be would be mentally gone after Yuvraj's 6 sixes.

Hats off to him for building a great career, I initially thought be would be mentally gone after Yuvraj's 6 sixes.

Was instrumental in the series win immediately after that tournament. He has a very laid back attitude, so it's understandable how he was able to shrug it off.

Darren Gough?
I would say that Fraser and Gough were better bowlers than Anderson and Broad, but played in an era where it was just not possible for an England bowler to stay fit, and only managed about 45 tests each.

He, along with Anderson, have won many, many Tests for England and have celebrated careers. I don't think they could care less if their averages are not worthy of a legendary status.

Both are England legends and have done a lot for their country. Multiple Ashes wins, number one ranking etc. etc.

Certainly has gained consistency with his bowling performances over last few years compared to a few mediocre tests followed by 1 good tests.. hes englands best bowler at moment and a proven match winner.

Quite underrated, perhaps because he's been a pantomime villain character for opposition fans.

Is capable of devastating spells where he can run through a side, i.e. 8-15 at Trent Bridge in 2015 Ashes, the 6-50 at Durham in 2013 Ashes and the one vs South Africa earlier this year.

Has been an excellent new ball partner for Anderson.

Broad might end up playing 200 Tests. Unbelievable for a bowler.

England seems to be playing over 20 Tests every year. So Broad can reach 200 Tests by the time he is 34 or 35 :O

A very improved bowler, however, his stats are a true reflection of his stature as a test bowler. One of the top 5 pacers in tests in the last 5 years but overall will find it hard to find a place in the top 25 fast bowlers of all time.

For me, definitely one of the modern greats of game.

The fact that he is an irritating opposition player against everyone England play only reflects his competitiveness on the field.

Yes, he might end up with his bowling average >25 but he is a gun bowler and a geuine match-winner.

Here is the famous spell where he own Aussies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXC6Nizbt2c

Back