DIY question

in_cutter

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
The wall mirror has fallen off- the holes that were holding the screws are now wider. What is the best solution so that I can use the same diameter screws in the same holes?

re-chalk it up with a really good hole filler paste, and then use wall plugs/anchors and put those in and tighten the screws into them... here is pic of the wall plugs

images

Last edited:
Just get some filler and it'll take about an hour to set. Then you can drill the wholes again :afridi

there are also screws available that have nuts which lock them up against the drywall real good, if u ask the guy at the hardware store, he will direct you to them.

DIY question:

Thanks for the tips guys. DIY is not my trait :(

Any DIY experts here? Lets here your experiences

For me, assembling an IKEA table is the limit!

brings back bad memories, when we moved houses i had to assemble all the beds, drawers, closets, tables, etc. now i just pay if possible to avoid the hassle.

The wall mirror has fallen off- the holes that were holding the screws are now wider. What is the best solution so that I can use the same diameter screws in the same holes?

Patch the wall using small screen to make it stong.

If hanging low weight then simply putting a hole after patch should work. If hanging a high weight then get specilized screw which will expand 2-3 inch when other side of your wall.

Patch the wall using small screen to make it stong.

If hanging low weight then simply putting a hole after patch should work. If hanging a high weight then get specilized screw which will expand 2-3 inch when other side of your wall.

LOL, just realized it was a very old post bumped by MenInG. I will leave the post.

Any DIY experts here? Lets here your experiences

For me, assembling an IKEA table is the limit!

I have done some DYI work. I like doing it and only contraint is time for me.

Over the years,

Installed floors
Finished hardwood floors
Painted entire house
Building a table( wood came from backyard)
Replaced a section of fence
Putting trims in ceiling

Did some simple electrical work, but nothing fancy. I have not tried doing plumbing.

Over the years,

Installed floors
Finished hardwood floors
Painted entire house
Putting trims in ceiling

Did some simple electrical work, but nothing fancy. I have not tried doing plumbing.

I want to convert my loft into storage space..I am aware there are safety measures I need to take..what materials are needed to make it safe so the flooring can handle decent amount of weight?

I want to convert my loft into storage space..I am aware there are safety measures I need to take..what materials are needed to make it safe so the flooring can handle decent amount of weight?

In general, you do have to reinforce if you are planning to put more weight. You already know that.

I have never done it personally. With my floor work, I did not touch surface below floor. I am not the right person to really tell you how to do it safely.

Last edited:

Over the years,

Installed floors
Finished hardwood floors
Painted entire house
Putting trims in ceiling

Wow - how did you learn to do all that?

Wow - how did you learn to do all that?

I like doing new things when it comes to building/creating one time. First 20% of work was very slow and also made mistakes. The last 80% was quick and very few mistakes. Having a friend who builds houses helps to identify and get right equipments otherwise it would have been harder.

I don't like doing the same work second time. I simply hire a contractor.

Back