Do you miss 90s cricket?

Dulex9

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Do you miss the 90s cricket?

Zimbabwe had their strongest ever team: A Flower, G Flower, Strang brothers, Streak, Whittal, Whishart Campbell, Olanga, Rennie, Brands.

West Indies had their last great team: Lara, Hooper, Richardson, Chanderpaul, Adams, Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop.

Pakistan were a great, great team possibly the best of the 90s, South Africa had a great side, Australia also had an awesome team.

Sri Lanka were a top side: Jayasuriya, Kalu, Gurnisha, De Silva, Ranatunga, Mahanama, Tilly, Murali, Chandana, Wickramsinghe, Dharmasena.

New Zealand also had a good unit: Astle, Fleming, McMillan, Cairns, Doull, Nash, Morrinson, Harris, Parore.

England were ok and India were just India: Tendulkar, Jadeja, Azharuddin, Kumble, Srinath, Prasad, Chaunan, Anolka, Kuruvilla.

Teams were very balanced in the 90s and it was fun watching these odi tournements such as the Sharjah Cup, Wills World Series, Titan Cup, Singer World Series, Singer Akai Nindhas Thropy etc.

Back in those days, even 230 was a competitve score, unlike today were 300 gets chased down easily.

Not really , especially away tests.

Not the cricket, but the quality of players. The cricket played nowadays is more entertaining, but if only we get one new ball in ODI cricket, then the current era cricket will get even more entertaining.

Yes, I do.

Just think about the players who played in the 90s in their peak:

Tendulkar
Lara
S Waugh
M Waugh
Bevan
De silva
Jayasuriya
Cronje
Kirsten
Inzamam
Akram
Waqar
Ambrose
Walsh
Donald
Pollock
Warne
Saqlain
Cairns
Astle
Flower
Streak
Azhar
Malik
Anwar
Taylor
Slater
Bishop
Hooper
Rhodes
etc

How many better players have we seen since then?

I miss the days of 2004-2007 cricket between India and Pakistan. Really sweet memories

I wish i was alive to watch the mid nineties - to early 2000 periods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zimbabwe , WI , Australia and Pakistan had better team in 90s , Current teams, India, SA are are almost same, .

No, I think most of it was fixed.

The 1999 World Cup is fascinating to review: I hardly believe any of it.

Back