Doctors should get free ticket to Heaven

Frank statement: It's an absolute Janatti kaam. Yes I know it's driven by own well being but still, a surgeon who saves lives everyday has all my blessings.

Its just a profession guy. Doesn't deserve more than any other profession.

Why shouldn't they get free ticket to Hell? Considering some or probably most are worse than animals.
It is a profession and not many take it 'as a way to please God'.

A sincere and honest doctor who works for people, instead for his pocket will certainly be earning a ticket to Heaven as the it is said :-
"The one who saves a life of a men saves a whole generation"

90% of the medical students I know are doing it for the £££. If they got paid minimum wage, I'd like to see how many of them would stay.

The work that they do is very respectable and appreciated. But don't judge someone based on their profession, judge them based on their character. They could be doctors but at the same time that doesn't mean they don't sin and have problems like anyone else. Bob the garbage man picks up trash for a living but could be one of the most nicest men in the world with good ethics and morals, donates to charity etc. Should he not also get a free ticket?

Its just a profession guy. Doesn't deserve more than any other profession.

If I'm not wrong, you are a doctor yourself, or a student of medicine? I guess I read it in one of your posts.

There are good doctors and bad doctors.

A profession is not what gets on a ticket to heaven. The good doctors are great people and will Insha'Allah be rewarded.

Nonetheless, there are corrupt doctors that are in it for the money and will leave someone to die if they don't pay up.

90% of the medical students I know are doing it for the £££. If they got paid minimum wage, I'd like to see how many of them would stay.

The work that they do is very respectable and appreciated. But don't judge someone based on their profession, judge them based on their character. They could be doctors but at the same time that doesn't mean they don't sin and have problems like anyone else. Bob the garbage man picks up trash for a living but could be one of the most nicest men in the world with good ethics and morals, donates to charity etc. Should he not also get a free ticket?

I don't care how much $$$ or £££ they make, or how big scumbags they are, if at the end of the day, they help save a life, that's above everything. Everything.

I don't care how much $$$ or £££ they make, or how big scumbags they are, if at the end of the day, they help save a life, that's above everything. Everything.

Are you a doctor? Did a doctor save your life?

If I'm not wrong, you are a doctor yourself, or a student of medicine? I guess I read it in one of your posts.

yup. But my perspective is, when i see a patient, i see him as a subject. I can't allow myself to be driven by emotions at that moment. Its a body -> there's something wrong with it -> i need to fix it.

So its not any different than a computer repairer, a software developer, engineer, economist.... Everyone tries to work on the subject same as doctors.

Don't get me wrong, i worship the profession. But what i am saying is, doctors tend to keep it case per case basis rather than making an overall goal as it creates indiscipline and leads to unprofessionalism (like.... you are trying to help everyone but with your limitation, you can only help a few. Your focus will be diverted and patients will suffer for this).

yup. But my perspective is, when i see a patient, i see him as a subject. I can't allow myself to be driven by emotions at that moment. Its a body -> there's something wrong with it -> i need to fix it.

So its not any different than a computer repairer, a software developer, engineer, economist.... Everyone tries to work on the subject same as doctors.

Don't get me wrong, i worship the profession. But what i am saying is, doctors tend to keep it case per case basis rather than making an overall goal as it creates indiscipline and leads to unprofessionalism (like.... you are trying to help everyone but with your limitation, you can only help a few. Your focus will be diverted and patients will suffer for this).

Dr Astana nice to meet you :p

ha ha. I knew it was coming. Aap ke liye jaadu ki jhappi!!!!
Munna Bhai MBBS was very good. Very few bw movies I like.. it's one of them. The script seemed very original and creative. I wish bw can stop copying movies and make movies like that more.

i am a doctor, i would like to be judged by my actions not my degree.

I think it is one of the most respected professions, and it is not easy on anybody to know that their work will decide if a person lives or not, which will affect a lot of people. And a failure which is very common will ruin their day and cause mental stress....
However they are bad apples too...

This is a ridiculous appeal!

I respect my doctors, but I don't think they should be getting a free ticket to heaven!

People above have outlined some very good reasons.

What about Hair Transplant Doctors?

They are also helping to improve people's self esteem, which in return bring them better human being and bring best out of the people :)

Anybody who is doing his job with all honesty and dignity ( regardless of being a garbage collector or doctor) should get the credit.

The software developer, architecture, and all those invovled in developing a software that is used to operate the machines used to treat/save the life of a patient should also get free ticket to heaven ;) same goes for others invovled.

Us Accountants should be given free ticket to jannah! We save lots of money and keep the balance in account - hence people are happy with us. :zardari

Cleary people here have not studied medical negligence law. :))

Looked briefly at this during my criminal law studies in first year at uni and I certainly don't think heaven is the place for some docs involved in cases I came across!

In Pakistan there are doctors like Dr. Adib Rizvi SUIT Karachi who would treat and even operate for free.

Then I have seen with my own eyes doctors who while a patient is dying, would lock their rooms and take a nap instead. I have seen doctor asking family to pay more while their loved one was lying, cut opened on the operation table.

Last edited:
Not all doctors save lives, just like any other profession there are good ones that actually care and bad ones that treat YOU like a job.

Certainly not the ones practicing in US. Along with insurance companies, majority of them is running :quote: legal :quote: scams, making money of their patients.

Let us all quit our respective religions, and enroll in the nearest medical school.

Doctors who are paid £70k+ should get a free ticket to heaven.
However aalim's and shaykh's who spiritually cleanse, try to put you on the straight path, and inshallah get you to heaven shoudn't! We people get angry when we see imam's driving nice cars, and believe their duty to be worth the £5 people put in the 'chanda' box.

People in 3rd world countries who are ripped of by doctors think they should go hell, but have no choice but to go to them. But in the uk, we have free helathcare so we think they are some heaven worthy people. Rewarded they shuld be, getting a free ticket to heaven..no way!

That Dentist lady that got rid of all her ex's teeth out of spite, would she qualify for the free ticket ?
Her ex would probably say no......if he could only speak..

A great read. Wanted to share it with my PP doctors family.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of my all time favs. Must read if you want to understand our health system and find out how doctors die. <br><br> <a href="https://t.co/pcfdJK4QR4">https://t.co/pcfdJK4QR4</a></p>— Faheem Younus, MD (@FaheemYounus) <a href="https://twitter.com/FaheemYounus/status/869668717327781888">May 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] @Golden_arm [MENTION=34564]asfandyar[/MENTION] [MENTION=7879]ahsan[/MENTION]8 @kayaal [MENTION=139087]PCP_1[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=104755]spinDoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=161]161[/MENTION] [MENTION=51763]Anfield[/MENTION] @confused amoeba [MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION] [MENTION=43242]Dr_Bassim[/MENTION] [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of my all time favs. Must read if you want to understand our health system and find out how doctors die. <br><br> <a href="https://t.co/pcfdJK4QR4">https://t.co/pcfdJK4QR4</a></p>— Faheem Younus, MD (@FaheemYounus) <a href="https://twitter.com/FaheemYounus/status/869668717327781888">May 30, 2017</a></blockquote>

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] @Golden_arm [MENTION=34564]asfandyar[/MENTION] [MENTION=7879]ahsan[/MENTION]8 @kayaal [MENTION=139087]PCP_1[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] [MENTION=1080]miandadrules[/MENTION] [MENTION=104755]spinDoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=161]161[/MENTION] [MENTION=51763]Anfield[/MENTION] @confused amoeba [MENTION=140234]DRsohail[/MENTION] [MENTION=43242]Dr_Bassim[/MENTION] [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]

Not a doctor but I am aspiring to be one. That was an almost inspirational read, really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing. Some of the information was surprising but it made a lot of sense, some doctors are really just in it for the money and do not think about the feelings of people and the pain some procedures cause only delaying the inevitable by a couple of weeks of which the patient will most likely suffer.

If I'm being totally honest though, being in the position of a surgeon who sometimes is the difference between a person living or dying is terrifying.

The worst part is you don't know if the person might even want to live longer just to suffer and you can't take matters into your own hand most of the time fearing for your job or imprisonment. Yes you earn lots of money (probably the best earning career next to ones in sports) however it definitely comes with its dilemmas and is not for the faint hearted.

Not a doctor but I am aspiring to be one. That was an almost inspirational read, really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing. Some of the information was surprising but it made a lot of sense, some doctors are really just in it for the money and do not think about the feelings of people and the pain some procedures cause only delaying the inevitable by a couple of weeks of which the patient will most likely suffer.

If I'm being totally honest though, being in the position of a surgeon who sometimes is the difference between a person living or dying is terrifying.

The worst part is you don't know if the person might even want to live longer just to suffer and you can't take matters into your own hand most of the time fearing for your job or imprisonment. Yes you earn lots of money (probably the best earning career next to ones in sports) however it definitely comes with its dilemmas and is not for the faint hearted.

WC-Passion I never imagined you to be a 16 years old person. You are quite mature and some years ahead of your peers in terms of intelligence & maturity. If you will work hard which you should than InshaAllah you will become a Doctor.

Incase you missed the article was two page long and you have to click page 2 to read it till end.

I have many doctors in family plus I have alot of friends and relatives who are doctors themselves. Than I know many well established doctors of my community worldwide.

I have slight disagreement with you. There are laws in every country and Doctors have to follow those. They cannot impose their emotions/wishes on the patient. They have to comply with rules and regulations. Sometimes they are compelled to ask patient's relatives that these are the options and what they want ? Than they have to do what the relatives/guardians want. Sometimes they have to listen to the patient's wishes. All ruled by laws which are not consistent worldwide.

There are good & bad doctors. The idea should be honest, dedicated service of mankind and than you earn good money. It's upto you if you want to help poor patients or poor people financially.

I loved one of [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] post's where he helped some one probably on Airport. It is my belief than InshaAllah Allah will reward him heavily in this life, next life or in both lives.

So follow good examples and make good people your role models.

Best wishes & prayers.

@TallentSpotterpk thank u yaar.it was worthy to have a read...the writer is spot on though the situation is a bit different in pakistan..sometimes here we do things to save ourselves from the violence of attendants who are sometimes 10 in numbers and u have to spend alot of resources and ur energy for gaining nothing and knowing that it is not futile.
.like i will give u example of last week,there was a patient of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in admitted in private rooms 2 mints awaay from medical ward..he was 20 years old.during my duty nurse called me to come there as a patient is serious..when i rushed in there.
.found him wet lying on floor with about 10 family members sorrounding the patient...just found him brethless and no pulse..i knew from my understanding that the guy had intracerebral bleed in bathroom and he feel there plus he was 4th stage patient so even he did not need CPR..
but when i saw the family people looking at me screaming an it was horrifying incident i did immeditely stsrt cpr ..meanwhile the pulse came back but i knew it will be transitory i was sweety and did it for good one hour,,called to icu..shifted him to icu..put him on ventilator but he died one day after that in miserable situation...
imagine if that was my relative GOD FORBID IT ,i would have staight away said no cpr but u have to do it for the people expecting heroic measures from u and if u dont do it belive me u will get the beating of ur life.....
such are the situation daily comes in our life and we have to surrender ..

Last edited:
@TallentSpotterpk thank u yaar.it was worthy to have a read...the writer is spot on though the situation is a bit different in pakistan..sometimes here we do things to save ourselves from the violence of attendants who are sometimes 10 in numbers and u have to spend alot of resources and ur energy for gaining nothing and knowing that it is not futile.
.like i will give u example of last week,there was a patient of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in admitted in private rooms 2 mints awaay from medical ward..he was 20 years old.during my duty nurse called me to come there as a patient is serious..when i rushed in there.
.found him wet lying on floor with about 10 family members sorrounding the patient...just found him brethless and no pulse..i knew from my understanding that the guy had intracerebral bleed in bathroom and he feel there plus he was 4th stage patient so even he did not need CPR..
but when i saw the family people looking at me screaming an it was horrifying incident i did immeditely stsrt cpr ..meanwhile the pulse came back but i knew it will be transitory i was sweety and did it for good one hour,,called to icu..shifted him to icu..put him on ventilator but he died one day after that in miserable situation...
imagine if that was my relative GOD FORBID IT ,i would have staight away said no cpr but u have to do it for the people expecting heroic measures from u and if u dont do it belive me u will get the beating of ur life.....

Without going into details I will express my personal opinion.

I believe that you did the right job. You did an honest act as a doctor and it did not result in patient suffering or his relatives suffering. So well done. I appreciate it. May Allah bless you.

You are Part of a very Noble profession. I myself am a Pharmacist who is about to become a Biomefical Scientist soon InshaAllah but you never know I may go for License and become a Clinical Pharmacist aswell. At the Moment I am looking for PHD oppurtunities in Molecular Medicine, Nanomedicine or general Life Sciences. Remember me in your prayers. May Allah's blessings be with you and your loved ones. Stay blessed.

Without going into details I will express my personal opinion.

I believe that you did the right job. You did an honest act as a doctor and it did not result in patient suffering or his relatives suffering. So well done. I appreciate it. May Allah bless you.

You are Part of a very Noble profession. I myself am a Pharmacist who is about to become a Biomefical Scientist soon InshaAllah but you never know I may go for License and become a Clinical Pharmacist aswell. At the Moment I am looking for PHD oppurtunities in Molecular Medicine, Nanomedicine or general Life Sciences. Remember me in your prayers. May Allah's blessings be with you and your loved ones. Stay blessed.

rhanks..wish u good luck...MAY JU SUCCEED in every goal u wanna acheive.....

Good, so I have a chance. That hard work put in Med school, will pay, eventually.

Doctors in South Africa are well paid and a large number of our doctors emigrate to the west for a higher salary

This......exactly same occurs in India too. Worst case is the oncology posting were everyone knows nothing can be done but still the bystanders are anxious and ask us to do some miracle when the patient is having his last breath...

My maternal grandmother died few years ago because of diabetic ulcer (same history as described in article). Amputation was done but her diabetic kidney couldn't survive.

Truth is that I will try my best to make others survive. But will never for myself. And if it some terminal illness i usually avoid CPR. But that depends on bystanders too.

My maternal grandmother died few years ago because of diabetic ulcer (same history as described in article). Amputation was done but her diabetic kidney couldn't survive.

Truth is that I will try my best to make others survive. But will never for myself. And if it some terminal illness i usually avoid CPR. But that depends on bystanders too.

It's quite painful to lose your grandparents. Sadly I have lost my grand parents from both side. But that's reality of Life.

May Allah grant your grand mother a higher place in Jannah. Aameen.

Yes I agree with your Post. This is how it should be done in my view. A person who is suffering massively needs his her pain to end. Either through cure/management or through death.

May Allah lead you to a happy, healthy, blessed life and enable you to serve humanity with more Zeal & Zest. Aameen.

Why should anyone go to hell, no one is perfect and we all commit sins. If god created man then it would be foolish to punish something you created.

[MENTION=133135]kaayal[/MENTION] yes things are very much the same on both side of the border...

It's quite painful to lose your grandparents. Sadly I have lost my grand parents from both side. But that's reality of Life.

May Allah grant your grand mother a higher place in Jannah. Aameen.

Yes I agree with your Post. This is how it should be done in my view. A person who is suffering massively needs his her pain to end. Either through cure/management or through death.

May Allah lead you to a happy, healthy, blessed life and enable you to serve humanity with more Zeal & Zest. Aameen.

Same to you bro.:19:

Title sounds like a threat to doctors.

"Hey doc, you gonna get a free ticket to heaven soon" :yk

WC-Passion I never imagined you to be a 16 years old person. You are quite mature and some years ahead of your peers in terms of intelligence & maturity. If you will work hard which you should than InshaAllah you will become a Doctor.

Incase you missed the article was two page long and you have to click page 2 to read it till end.

I have many doctors in family plus I have alot of friends and relatives who are doctors themselves. Than I know many well established doctors of my community worldwide.

I have slight disagreement with you. There are laws in every country and Doctors have to follow those. They cannot impose their emotions/wishes on the patient. They have to comply with rules and regulations. Sometimes they are compelled to ask patient's relatives that these are the options and what they want ? Than they have to do what the relatives/guardians want. Sometimes they have to listen to the patient's wishes. All ruled by laws which are not consistent worldwide.

There are good & bad doctors. The idea should be honest, dedicated service of mankind and than you earn good money. It's upto you if you want to help poor patients or poor people financially.

I loved one of [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] post's where he helped some one probably on Airport. It is my belief than InshaAllah Allah will reward him heavily in this life, next life or in both lives.

So follow good examples and make good people your role models.

Best wishes & prayers.

Thank you for your kind words. I've been working hard to do well in triple science GSCE and it's difficult, it'll probably get worse in A level too. I find that the mark scheme is tough and there is no leeway whatsoever when it comes to getting marks from your answer, but I'm going to have to keep working towards it and Inshallah I'll be able to make it into medicine.

I think you misunderstood slightly what I was trying to say (I did read page 2, thought the first page ended somewhat abruptly). What I was trying to say either way whether it's what the patients want or the relatives, it can be difficult for the Doctor and if they're answer is not to give them all the possible medical procedures it can create a bit of dilemma.

I understand that laws worldwide will be different and it probably has a massive affect on the health service in those respective countries though I feel like the basic principles are the same.

I believe that being honest and dedicated to mankind should make you feel that you shouldn't just help the people that can pay for all the medical services, and that poor patients deserve equal quality help, because in the end they aren't less of a human compared to a rich person are they?

Whether it gets you money or not, being a doctor is all about helping people and helping poor people should be essential. Obviously this is all my opinion and other people will think differently, but to be a successful Doctor you must do things like this imo.

What [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] did sounds nice, I'd like to hear the full story if he wants to clarify what happened. I agree, I think Allah will reward him for this good deed too.

Inshallah I'll be guided into the right path, I don't have any particular role model or someone who I look up to, I just try to listen to the teachings in the Quran and become the person I want to be in the future.

Back