Does your spouse/partner prefer Tests or T20s?

greatest

Local Club Regular
Runs
Women now watch more cricket than before, and they are quite active on social media, sharing their views on matches and players.

Does your partner argue with you while watching? Do they appreciate a particular format or player?

My GF is a die-hard T20 fan and I prefer Tests. At times we do have heated conversations. A few years back I pursuaded her to come along and watch the 2022 Ashes Test at the G. I guess she was more interested in sun-bathing than watching it.

Neither. She only knows to cheer for players when we are watching any cricket match.

I once watched cricket with a female (not girlfriend). She was talking about Shahid Afridi's good look and "cuteness" of certain players.

It seems like many of them watch cricket for non-cricket reasons.

My fiancé doesn't like cricket. But she doesn't disturb me when I am watching.

However, the upcoming India vs Pakistan match coincides with my Walima, and she has already cautioned me against watching it. 😂

I once watched cricket with a female (not girlfriend). She was talking about Shahid Afridi's good look and "cuteness" of certain players.

It seems like many of them watch cricket for non-cricket reasons.

Yeah, most of them watch it just to support their male counterparts in watching the game and hence will start talking about non cricketing things more than cricket.

This is due to lack of hype for women's cricket compared to men. Our generation females haven't grown up with even half of the cricketing craze which the male generation have grown up.

My fiancé doesn't like cricket. But she doesn't disturb me when I am watching.

However, the upcoming India vs Pakistan match coincides with my Walima, and she has already cautioned me against watching it. 😂

Hahah what a date to have a Wallima! Will people show up?

My wife is not much interested in cricket. And she always wonders why I take a sport so seriously.
Her favorite cricket memory is Chris Gayle's Gangnam dance after world cup triumph

My GF is non-Pakistani so im waiting for t20 WC to start to introduce her to cricket. She has seen me watching it multiple times. But has no clue what the game is. Lol. Test will of course be a no-no. Its purely for the classic lovers of the game.

My wife likes T20, she hates test cricket and never watched it and i dont think she ever will haha. ODI she feels is too long as well she has seen some ODI matches but T20 is what she has seen the most.

She sometimes says their should be shorter version of T20s, thankfully she doesnt know about T10s( i hate that format personally) haha

I am yet to find a woman who loves Test.
People who love test cricket are part of an exclusive club who have been watching cricket since their childhood . You have to have a very detailed knowledge of the game to admire test cricket. For everyone else who started watching cricket later in life would never admire test cricket . You're right, you will never find a women who would like test cricket.

People who love test cricket are part of an exclusive club who have been watching cricket since their childhood . You have to have a very detailed knowledge of the game to admire test cricket. For everyone else who started watching cricket later in life would never admire test cricket . You're right, you will never find a women who would like test cricket.

I've seen it in the UK when I see Test cricket live in the stadium. I see quite a few English women in the stands who geniunly enjoy the game. Some of them have have great knowledge of cricket and I find it really impressive.

My wife is not much interested in cricket. And she always wonders why I take a sport so seriously.
Her favorite cricket memory is Chris Gayle's Gangnam dance after world cup triumph
My GF too used to like Gayle. He was definitely quite popular with ladies especially the Aussie ones.

My GF is non-Pakistani so im waiting for t20 WC to start to introduce her to cricket. She has seen me watching it multiple times. But has no clue what the game is. Lol. Test will of course be a no-no. Its purely for the classic lovers of the game.
My GF too is non-Pakistani. She's the one on my DP. If women start loving Tests than this format can rise again.

Very interesting. Does she hates it or has she lost interest?

She watches every single final of WTA Grand Slams with me even though she says I am not interested in tennis that much.

Feels like she just never was a big fan of cricket.

I'm not sure but I think majority of women love watching mens play than women. My GF doesn't even watches any Women T20's but she would love commenting on the Big Bash and IPL. And she loves the West Indians...this I can't tolerate!

I'm not sure but I think majority of women love watching mens play than women. My GF doesn't even watches any Women T20's but she would love commenting on the Big Bash and IPL. And she loves the West Indians...this I can't tolerate!

I don't think anyone really enjoys watching women's cricket tbh

I don't think anyone really enjoys watching women's cricket tbh
Yeah...I think only women cricketer families watches them.
Unless they change their outfit men are not going to show any interest in women cricket. Now, I don't mean it should be similar to beach volleyball. Just kidding!

I tried to watch it. It is mad boring.

Their fastest bowler bowls at like 125 KMH. That's trundling in men's cricket.

Women's cricket is currently not exciting enough.
If women are not watching their own version of cricket then it means that it's not of high quality. ICC need to come up with new innovations for women like they have done in men cricket. Maybe a new format.

I’ve taken my girlfriend to watch a few games with me over the years and she’s really started to enjoy it - particularly T20Is.

But she also endured through 2 days of Test cricket with me. To be fair though, anyone would be able to enjoy Test cricket in Australia at the Mount. It’s a great way to spend your day overall.

My fiancée loves watching only Pakistan's white ball matches. She has no interest in Test Cricket.

I’ve taken my girlfriend to watch a few games with me over the years and she’s really started to enjoy it - particularly T20Is.

But she also endured through 2 days of Test cricket with me. To be fair though, anyone would be able to enjoy Test cricket in Australia at the Mount. It’s a great way to spend your day overall.
Yes, it's a great experience watching cricket at the G.
My GF is a late boomer in cricket, her family likes more AFL. Some young Aussie girls like mine are more into T20, Big Bash. Hopefully, I'll gradually convert her into a Test fan. I hope so!

As per the posts, no partners are interested in Tests. These responses makes me feel much better from the chatter I just heard on the Big Bash from her. Obviously, she's excited for the final on the 24th.

My wife takes so much interest in Test cricket perhaps to avoid doing household chores she prefers to watch seven hours of cricket. :ROFLMAO:

I'm off to the Big Bash final with my GF on Wednesday. I hate T20s but I love her. What to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will support my GF team in the final. Hope I have a nice time with her. Anyways, seeing the final match would not convert me into a T20 supporter.

My wife does not follow cricket at all. She knows a few names in the Indian squad. None of my friends wives also do not watch any cricket. In my circle, it is strictly a man's game.

My wife does not follow cricket at all. She knows a few names in the Indian squad. None of my friends wives also do not watch any cricket. In my circle, it is strictly a man's game.
Times are changing now. Lots of them have started watching it. But you are right, in the sub-continent it's still considered a men game.

Back