England v Australia 4th Test Score thread [25/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll finally get to see Shaun Tait, if he's any good then this could be the beginning of the end for Gillespie and McGrath.

Whatever happened to Aaron Bird?

Big boost for Eng as Mcgrath missing another test
Big task on shoulder of Lee. Who is gonna open bowlin with him ?

Eng won the toss and electe to bat

Everbody out now on the playing field.
Binger to open the bowling

Why isn't Tait opening the bowling then...

Reckon Ponting thinks his tummy is a little topsy-turvy rite now...

Anyone watching live? Did he get his baggy green?

RH said:
yeah, slater gave him his baggy green
Why Slater and not Ponting? How fast is Lee bowling? What does the track look like...

Keep the score coming please :D

mulan said:
Why Slater and not Ponting? How fast is Lee bowling? What does the track look like...

Keep the score coming please :D
Lee is bowling at 93 MPH or 149 kph and the score is 12-0

woooo, fast by Lee. Let's see what speed Tait has in him....

Woohoooo, great pace in his first over by Tait, but this wicket is DEAD - Gilchrist's taking fiery Tait and Lee's deliveries around his knees. This looks like a very high scoring pitch.

to be bowling 93 mph in his first over is very impressive. lets see if he gets faster or slower as the match goes on.

Tait bowled some inaccurate stuff except one swinging delivery which was brilliant - that's the danger of a man of such high pace

taits second over

1st -- missed
2nd -- 92.4 mph
3rd -- 87.4 mph
4th -- not shown
5th -- 90.4 mph
6th -- 91.4 mph (no ball)
6th -- 92.1 mph

he's early 90's but is also getting battered

Tait got an absolute battering in county cricket for Durham last year, played just 2 matches - 6 overs 0 for 63, and 12 overs 0 for 113! Insane! But when he went back to Australia he produced the 2nd most successful season in Aussie cricket ever in terms of wicket taking - he took 65 wickets!

australia is in trouble.........

what australia had done although he is not perfoming but experience could change situation.australia is in trouble

Last edited:
70/0 I think might be a bit higher then that, the pitch is so bad that I am loosing interest in the game as quickly as the interest was built up.

Aus need a wicket here, both batsmen looks set now

need to take wickets after Speed show

Mercenary said:
taits second over

1st -- missed
2nd -- 92.4 mph
3rd -- 87.4 mph
4th -- not shown
5th -- 90.4 mph
6th -- 91.4 mph (no ball)
6th -- 92.1 mph

he's early 90's but is also getting battered

Dont blame the poor bowler here its all in the crappy pitch.

The Strauss dismissal was a bit freakish.

Lee's no ball was clear though, a good 4 or 5 inches over.

...and we thought our team had a no-ball problem.

Does anyone knows how many no-balls so far! Everybody always throws tantrums at Pakistan's bowlers bowling no-balls...This is disgusting by the Aussies...

They don't look like a tight unit anymore...frayed edges coming loose...

Good first session for the English. Aus will have to come back with a bang after lunch...

The way the Aussies are playing the Ashes are going soon. England playing very nicley and deservedly on top.

I dunno...if the track is playing as flat as everyone's saying, then I predict another draw...unless there's a major batting collapse by either team...

track is definitely very flat. High scoring draw this game unless someone does something special.

The Aussies second attack is no better than the current Pakistan attack in my opinion.

I have not seen any of the action. But even if it is a flat pitch, a scoring rate of 4.78 is quite high. And that's the problem for Australia without Mcgrath. They lack control.

Hash said:
track is definitely very flat. High scoring draw this game unless someone does something special.

...yeah like reverse swinging the ball which has been unheard of :O

Why don't Flintoff and Pietersen get on one knee and slog sweep ponting? He's pitching it on the length to play the shot.

Finally...I'd say a horrible performance from England. Without McGrath, England should at least be able to make 450. Well its not exactly horrible, but could have been better.

Plus, Ponting is not being taken advantage of. He should be slogged out of the park!

I cant really blame England for not scoring more. The constant starting and stopping due to rain means that a batsman has to start all over again when they come back. Very damaging for rhythm

Once England cross 450 - game over for Aussies....

Bucknor is the worst umpire on EARTH! That was a great delivery by Lee which was clearly edged but not given. I maybe mistaken but I am pretty sure it was edged.

flintoff on 99* and looks very nervous.... eng 405/5 latest

As I said before - Eng cross 450 and its game over for Aussies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back