Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

ODI Debutant
Runs
ecb.gif

vs

BCB_Logo.png

Just less than 7 hours left till the first match of the English summer! Always exciting to watch, regardless of the team's playing. Should be an interesting game. :)

England should wipe the floor with Bangla!

First test of the summer !!

Pakistan should be keeping a close eye on this one !!

Hope England bowl first !!

On_the_up said:
bangladesh win the toss and will field

Oh man, I wanted to see Brian "Tamim" Lara "Iqbal" bat. Guess I'll have to wait. Is he playing by the way?

Bangladesh won the toss and fielding first

AJ Strauss*, AN Cook, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, EJG Morgan, MJ Prior†, TT Bresnan, GP Swann, JM Anderson, ST Finn

Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan*, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Robiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shahadat Hossain

Good to see some Test action back...........
Hopefully banglas put up a decent fight to make this interesting..
Will Morgan Swim or sink?

adnan yasin said:
WHy is it a silly move?...
With a few very rare and very unusual exceptions, it almost always is.

You win the toss, you bat.

If the conditions are difficult..you win the toss, you think about it...and you still bat.

Applies to all forms of cricket, but particularly to Tests.

Really :)...

this decision will fail when they dont take wickets in the first session

conditions are overcast.. bowl proprerly... little bit of swing is dere for shahdat hossain..
take couple of wickets in first hour.. decision half sucessful? isnt it ?

it will be better and easier option for bangladesh to bowl england out for under 300 ..

rather then scoring scoring 300 runs on the first day conditions ...

they should capatilize the initiative otherwise decision will look bad... for sure.. if they didnt bowl well

and by the way ... cricket is not like win the toss and bat first 90% time ... ESP in test

there are many things which u have to consider... * should i go in detail?*
Please.. please..

ShehryarK said:
With a few very rare and very unusual exceptions, it almost always is.

You win the toss, you bat.

If the conditions are difficult..you win the toss, you think about it...and you still bat.

Applies to all forms of cricket, but particularly to Tests.

Shehryar's been playing too much EA cricket 2007, that's Mark Nicholas's line after the toss :)))

Amjid Javed said:
Prediciton - England 370/3 at close of play!

ur prediction can come true:)

these bowlers just dont have PACE through the air..

they are waiting for the ball to come and covering the swing so easily :p

In short bangladesh can only use this early morning conditons for 2 wickets.. and wait for spinners do wonders for them

if they would hve bowled second .. batting wud have been much easier

only shahdat hossain looking bit bit bit threatening to take a wicket

and there it goes ... SHAHDAT HOSSAIN .. the guy look bit bit bit threatening to take a wicket... AND HE TOOK IT

england

7/1

COOK GONE LBW

What a disgraceful decision. Ashocka must have seen the ball hit Cook above the knee roll so how can he give it out. Was missing top of stumps by some distance.

Trott .. is playing confidently

classical cover drive :) ... good to see that after so much t20 bang bang

he doesnt look like 22 year old.. by looks though ...

extremely solid batsman .. showed his class against aussies..

SIXer by STRAUSs of a long hop

adnan yasin said:
he doesnt look like 22 year old.. by looks though ...

extremely solid batsman .. showed his class against aussies..

SIXer by STRAUSs of a long hop

if u r talking about trott , he is 29 !

adidazz said:
Shehryar's been playing too much EA cricket 2007, that's Mark Nicholas's line after the toss :)))
I don't even know what that is, and have no interest in finding out - anything that involves Mark Nicholas is by definition tripe.

yeah 29 :) i thought he is 22 :p

my bad

spin has been introduced now .. afer 9 overs

37/1

STRAUSS 14
TROTT 15

adnan yasin said:
with bresnan as 4th bowler..

is he good enough to be a test match bowler :p
wait till he plays Pakistan we made Kulasakera in to a Mcgrath.

hahah...

thats another story..i know.. we make club bowlers loook like legends haha..

but overall..to me he is not a test match bowler..there are better bowlers in england domestic circuit

Bangladesh not trying to get breakthrough after to get 1st wicket early they couldnt put more pressure on England in the meawhile England looks dominating the day now after losing the first wicket they building up strong foundation here for the middle to ease themself in a position where they get big total on the board and put pressure on Bangland.

Bangladesh need another 10 years of cricket matches to become compatitve in test cricket.....some how they are not good enough for this type of cricket .......no pace bowlers of any note.

DOOSRA95 said:
Bangladesh need another 10 years of cricket matches to become compatitve in test cricket.....some how they are not good enough for this type of cricket .......no pace bowlers of any note.

Its looks like they need 100 years to become compative in Test cricket.

No Pace and field setting is defensive.

In Test cricket you need to be always attack no room been to be defensive.

farhan1 said:
Its looks like they need 100 years to become compative in Test cricket.

No Pace and field setting is defensive.

In Test cricket you need to be always attack no room been to be defensive.
:moyo

One slip in now.... England cruising. I reckon they'll get 600.

Robert said:
One slip in now.... England cruising. I reckon they'll get 600.

I reckon they'll get OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!

Lunch Break: 105/1 after 27 overs at a run rate of 3.88

Andrew Strauss 40 not out

Jonathan Trott 50 not out

Shakib is almost a bad a captain as Yousuf. Look at the field setting..

What an disappointing match so far.

Can this really be called 'Test' cricket?

I don't think this Bangladesh side would even compete with Aussie, Saffer and English first class sides.

Anyone old enough to remember how Sri Lanka progressed in their early days? Was it as bad and slow as this?

Edit: Well Bumble just mentioned this on air. Bangladesh have played 66 Tests so far, won 3 and lost 57.

Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe at this stage had won 7 and lost 30-35 ish (can't recall the exact figure the commentators said).

Last edited:
Gabbar Singh said:
I don't think this Bangladesh side would even compete with Aussie, Saffer and English first class sides.

Essex 2nd XI beat them the other day. Really, the only test for England will be how fast they can get to 600.

Anyone old enough to remember how Sri Lanka progressed in their early days? Was it as bad and slow as this?

No, they were quicker to improve.

Inaugural test in 1982 as I recall, got the better of a draw at Lord's in 1984, series win against England in 1892/3 I think.

Bangles are only in test cricket to increase the Subcontinental voting bloc at the ICC, sadly.

Gabbar Singh said:
What a disgraceful decision. Ashocka must have seen the ball hit Cook above the knee roll so how can he give it out. Was missing top of stumps by some distance.

It was a normal Ashocka decision... how this numpty continues to be allowed to umpire is a joke!

Test match should be over by Late Saturday, early sunday with england winning by an inns me thinks!

Early in the innings...when trott came in he started so confidently..that shatters the confidence of bangladesh bowlers.. and then they start gving.. bad balls.. scored runs quickly ..and then they gone to defensive field.. slowly and gradually

fielding standards ..were very very poor...

KP fails against the weakest bowling attack out there???

Shakib continues to raise his stock.

The commentators have been critical of the Bangladesh bowling, but I don't think it's been that bad. It looks a pretty flat pitch. The fielding has been a bit iffy, though.

Bell averages 244.00 against Bangla so a sure he wont miss out!

Big Harvey said:
The commentators have been critical of the Bangladesh bowling, but I don't think it's been that bad. It looks a pretty flat pitch. The fielding has been a bit iffy, though.

I saw a few over this morning - field setting looked like Eng were 453-4 not 60-1!!!

Big Harvey said:

lords has been pretty flat for last decade!

I think a high % of last 20 tests there must have been draws!

Big Harvey said:

Don't think its all that flat
It was moving around early on, it eased out it in the middle, but now its reversing

My prediciton of 370/3 is still going strong! :)

Lords looks flatter than ever. KP still struggling against left arm slow bowlers. If the heat continues through the summer it will help Pakistan. The pitches will be flatter and the ball will spin and reverse.

England will still reach 500 and Bangladesh will be bowled out twice before they reach anywhere near that score.

6 of Last 8 tests at lords have been draws (england Have won Last 2)

Last 20 Tests at Lords - 9 englands wins, 8 draws and 3 oppostions wins (2 Aus, 1 S.A)

So england like playing at Lords! In the 1990s england hated playing here!

Bell should have a hundred or two in him, 3 wickets down and 200+ on the board. The stage is set for the big game player. :afridi

England have more than enough runs already lol

England should declare now to make match intresting :)

Lose? LOL..
England just need 300 on the board and they'll get at very least a draw.

They even not wanted a draw they looking to win this put 400 plus runs on the board enough for the bowlers to done their job in twice.

A pretty relax dressing room for England but not good for Bangladesh.

Sledger said:
Lose? LOL..
England just need 300 on the board and they'll get at very least a draw.

well u never know ? its a flat wicket and they have pretty decent batsmen !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back