England v New Zealand | ICC T20 2010 | Super 8 Match 10 | 10/05/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slogger

Local Club Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
England v New Zealand | ICC T20 2010 | Super 8 Match 10 | 10/05/2010 | N.Z. Innings

Half an hour to go.

Come on England.

Certainly a match to watch.

New Zealand batting first

Last edited:
England is probably the greatest cricket nation in the world. They play some beautiful cricket. Love these guys.

I hope england bat first and put a good otal on the board that will ease the pressure on me... I have faith in their bowling....

harisj said:
England is probably the greatest cricket nation in the world. They play some beautiful cricket. Love these guys.

+1 Awesome team, got a slightly Saffer depleted side today but they should still thrash measly NZ

If England lose every British Pakistani must vow to riot. :afridi

This is the biggest match of them all!

Basically Eng have just qualified thanks to Pak - can they return the favour and beat NZ to ensure Pak qualify?

NZ need a win now - so will go for it.

adzzy786 said:
Im British Pakistani , If England Loose im moving out lol haha
We all will!

Probably get arrested at Heathrow though :p

collingwood seems in not so winning mood very casual.

Kiwis won the toss. Batting first, lucky for them.

England need to restrict them to 150.

New Zealand should do themselves a favor and lose this match because the semi-final nightmare will come back to haunt them once again.

I think England will lack that intensity today and I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up losing.

Why am I seeing " meet naughty singles" ad at the bottom of this page?

i have a bad feeling bout this one

couple of early wickets will demoralize nz

cmon british

I guess toss went against us and England will loose BUT

No pressure on England but NZ MUST win..... lets see how to do when they know THEY MUST WIN...

Rizwan25 said:
Why am I seeing " meet naughty singles" ad at the bottom of this page?

Because you've been searching naughty things Rizwan :yk

Without their star South african they are much weaker. However maybe the other two south africans or the irishman will win it them

oh no kiwis batting first!!!! cummon england pak managed 2 restrict them 2 133 you can do that tooo!!!

Friend786 said:
i dont think bopara would like to see pakistan in semis
it would have been much better to see owais shah in his place --- he myt have wanted his native land through

If England dont mingle with the team much, and only bring Pietersen's replacement Bopara in the playing 11... than it would mean that England are going to be tough to beat...

But if they rest important players as they have already qualified, than it wont be so good for Pakistan's chances !!!

ppl wait!!! England would wanna win this because, australia are likely to finish of number 1 in their pool. hmmm......if eng slip to no 2 then, they wouldnt wanna meet aus in the semis will they?

If the England team can somehow temporarily acquire some Markhor like qualities, they will rommel the kiwis!

Friend786 said:
KP got a son !!

England should win this match to dedicate the match to Pietersen's family ;-) Perfect gift for the 1st time parents...

I do not expect Eng to put any effort to win it. Something bad has to happen for NZ to loose it.

C'mon ENGLAND! I never liked you as much as I do now!!! I love Morgan, Swann, Lumb, Collingwood, Bopara, Broad, Sidebottom, Keiswhatever and the other rest of the English team.

Momo said:
If the England team can somehow temporarily acquire some Markhor like qualities, they will rommel the kiwis!

Momo, this word Markhor is highly addictive I guess. You seems to be using it in every single thread on PP regardless of issue being discuss. :akhtar

Collingwood doesn't really look up for it.

Well we would have faced a road block in the Semi's anyway.......Australia......i don't really want to see them get smashed again

Rizwan25 said:
Momo, this word Markhor is highly addictive I guess. You seems to be using it in every single thread on PP regardless of issue being discuss. :akhtar
You don't like it? :inzi

If New Zealand win this, they might go ahead in the NRR and then England will have to face Aus, Collingwood just might be thinking about this.

Salman_S said:
Collingwood doesn't really look up for it.

Well we would have faced a road block in the Semi's anyway.......Australia......i don't really want to see them get smashed again

Australia faced us when we weren't firing all cylinders. Let the Semis come and if we make it, it'll be fun. :afridi

The Slogger said:
If New Zealand win this, they might go ahead in the NRR and then England will have to face Aus, Collingwood just might be thinking about this.

Good Point. Email it to Collingwood.

so commentators are saying england are already qualified for semifinal...is it true..

Odds are almost 50/50 for each to win!

(odds man reporting)

Has anyone seen a real Markhor...it seems like the horns are extremely dangerous :afridi

sada90 said:
so commentators are saying england are already qualified for semifinal...is it true..
Yes, so now they will take a nap on the field

Q. What is your definition of a winning score here?

Shoaib: 140 plus is a winning score.
Moin: 140-145, England can chase.

eng should win, and i hope some **** fans in the crowd let Ryder know it!!!

65 posts and not a ball bowled and NOT Pakistan playing.

This thread is going places :yk :yk

Momo said:
Q. What is your definition of a winning score here?

Shoaib: 140 plus is a winning score.
Moin: 140-145, England can chase.

Anything under 160 England can chase. The best batting team so far in this tournament.

I hope all those Pak fans stayed to cheer on England! Theyve been a credit to Pak throughout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back