England v Pakistan| 1st ODI [Pre-Match Commentary Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Salam everyone and Eid Mubarak.

Couldn't see any match-thread so I created one. It will be splendid Eid Gift if Pakistan pull this off.

How is the weather?

Yeah I just logged in and was surprised to find no match threads? What's up with that?

Eid mubarak to everybody and good luck today!

9.30am Good morning one and all and Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating! Welcome to the first of five, yes five, ODIs between England and Pakistan. Too much cricket? Of course not. I'm Sahil Dutta, and will be joined by Liam Brickhill and none other than Andrew Miller today.
The shadow cast over this series could not be more any foreboding and, as we saw in the two Twenty20 games, Pakistan are in desperate need of inspiration to breathe life into the end of the summer. Being Pakistan, inspiration is only as far as despair, and it takes a cold sort not to smile at the prospect of the giant (6"10? 7"1? - no one knows his exact height, it seems), ex-pipe-factory working left-arm paceman Mohammad Irfan making his international debut.
We've about 40 minutes until the start, and will keep you abreast of developments with haste. Huzzah, first shout of the day from Andrew Gnasher McGlashan, who is at Chester-le-Street, and his opening gambit isn't the cheeriest: "There was heavy rain this morning but it's clearing up now...groundstaff in action. Not sure about an on-time start, there's still a lot of water on the covers." Could be worse I guess, could be worse.

Wet outfield. Inspection 10am

Delayed start probably.

Eid Mubarak to all.

with the sun coming out in the afternoon, looks like a good toss to win and bowl.

Eid Mubarak All.

If Pakistan win toss, they should bowl first, with rain in the morning, there will be plenty in the wicket to assist the bowlers.

9.30am Good morning one and all and Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating! Welcome to the first of five, yes five, ODIs between England and Pakistan. Too much cricket? Of course not. I'm Sahil Dutta, and will be joined by Liam Brickhill and none other than Andrew Miller today.

I started reading your post and thought it was your personal message till I saw Sahil Dutta's name..:D

yeah thought i'd just copy and paste, couldn't be arsed to put it into my own words :D

Eid Mubarak to my friends here. May you be gifted with a victory today!
I am looking forward to the giant Irfan bowl. Not many lamboos in cricket anymore. Big Ben is there but he's not a phaast bowler. Gone are the days of Garner and Ambrose :(

Razzaq is walking out in the middle with Moyo, Lala, and Akhtar, looks like he will play.

Salam to All and Wishing everybody here EID MUBARAK. Hope that Pakistan will give us a good Eid present.

10.00am The pictures, it must be said, don't look too pretty. The covers are sopping and without any official news as yet, pretty safe to say we won't start on time.

DAMN!!!

Eid Mubarak everyone and hats off to our team they are playing for us on Eid day and they will win inshaAllah.

come on, this is North-East England in September. was anyone expecting a full day?

Eid Mubarak everyone. Don't forget to pray for our less fortunate brothers and sisters, who have been affected by the floods, on this auspicious day.

Coming to the match, I am all pumped up to see Irfan in action!!

Eid Mubarak everyone. Don't forget to pray for our less fortunate brothers and sisters, who have been affected by the floods, on this auspicious day.

Coming to the match, I am all pumped up to see Irfan in action!!

Khair Mubarak!

Things look bad

I'd say no play for a couple of hours

What chances that Afridi wins the toss and bats first?

What did you expect from them?!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrGxMK2zyFs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrGxMK2zyFs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Personally, if the rain stays away, I think we'll start in about 90 minutes

chalo mein eid ke namaz par loon ga,

5:28 am right now would be leaving home around 7

indeed, today is absolutely mind-numbingly hot!

Thats if the covers come off..

No, if the covers come off earlier than 11, we will have an inspection then

It says, whatever happens first, the covers coming off or 11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrGxMK2zyFs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrGxMK2zyFs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:)) Wah yaar!

Salam and Eid Mubarik everyone.

I think the play will start round about midday.

chalo mein eid ke namaz par loon ga,

5:28 am right now would be leaving home around 7

Do you live in Brazil?

Is there any country left where there isn't any pakistani?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back