England vs Australia - 4th ODI Natwest Series [23/6/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Runs
115,414
Post of the Week
8
NatWest Series

England v Australia
[size=-2]Match start scheduled for 14.30 local time (13.30 GMT)
5th Match: England v Australia at Chester-le-Street, 23 Jun 2005
[/size]
 
Last edited:
England vs Australia - 4th ODI Natwest Series

Australia havent won a match and England havent lost a match in this tournament so far.

Is the tide about to turn? Are the Aussies going to find their feet?

There are doubts over the fitness of the England captain which will cause some unrest in the England camp and if anything was going to disrupt their good form, this will be it.

The Aussies will see the return of two sorely missed match winners in Brett Lee and Andrew Symonds! Will that be enough to kick the Aussies back into touch or will their recent encounters with the 'other side' affect their form even more?

There's only one way to find out! So what are your predictions?
 
Aussie revival on the cards.... see Clarkes comments in the forum ... if Aussie lose this then chances of their revival are bleak...
 
If Aussies don't win today then the panick button will really be pressed. England are playing good cricket so Aussies have to be on top of there game too. I am sure a plan for Peiterson must have been devised by now.
 
even aussies lose today u can never write them off. they'll definiltey be back to winning ways sooner rather than later.
 
England are on great form but i think aussies have had enough now, i think big aussie win today! Is lee playing?
 
Fessal said:
even aussies lose today u can never write them off. they'll definiltey be back to winning ways sooner rather than later.

I think the issue with Aussie losing today is not that they wont have any fight left in them - rather its the English and their momentum - that will roll over the Aussies in the finals.
 
theres a thread on this already.... delete this one!
 
No need to delete, we will merge them.
 
Vaughan still struggling with injury so let's hope he fails a fitness test and Ian Bell gets a chacne to play :cool:
 
Lee and Symonds should be back for today I think
 
australias seam attack is all of one pace and thats ease for batsmen 2 adjust to, the lack of variation is hindering australia. the bowlers which are causing most problems are hogg, clarke and symonds the so called "spinners" in the side. also inclusion of lee will give aussies added pace but how effective that is depends on how accurately lee bowls...!
 
Last edited:
Australia team: +AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, *RT Ponting, DR Martyn, A Symonds, MEK Hussey, SR Watson, GB Hogg, JN Gillespie, B Lee, GD McGrath.

England team: *ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, VS Solanki, A Flintoff, PD Collingwood, +GO Jones, KP Pietersen, AF Giles, J Lewis, CT Tremlett, SJ Harmison.
 
Y do u guys want an Aussie win, I want their reign 2 finish, they've been at the top 4 too long, and i hope guys like Mcgrath, Gillespie, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Martyn all show signs of aging.

Put it this way, If England whitewash the Aussies using this fluke momentum, then most of the Aussie team will consider retirement(i hope), this way England will "dominate" the cricketing arena.

So they'll go to Pakistan as the No1 side brimming of confidence. And believe me when I say all of their key batsmen such as Strauss, Pietersen, Flintoff, Trescothick are weak against spin...............KANERIA!!!! Yep that guy comes into the equation big time!! With Afridi and now Malik whos cleared, we'll be major favourites.
 
alghazzali said:
Y do u guys want an Aussie win, I want their reign 2 finish, they've been at the top 4 too long, and i hope guys like Mcgrath, Gillespie, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Martyn all show signs of aging.

Put it this way, If England whitewash the Aussies using this fluke momentum, then most of the Aussie team will consider retirement(i hope), this way England will "dominate" the cricketing arena.

So they'll go to Pakistan as the No1 side brimming of confidence. And believe me when I say all of their key batsmen such as Strauss, Pietersen, Flintoff, Trescothick are weak against spin...............KANERIA!!!! Yep that guy comes into the equation big time!! With Afridi and now Malik whos cleared, we'll be major favourites.

malik is a ****** poor spinner and england arent that poorer side of playing spin!
 
Aus 3/0 (1)

tremlett to open other end bowling 2 gilchrist
 
Amjid Javed said:
malik is a ****** poor spinner and england arent that poorer side of playing spin!

Course they are, watch how they struggle against Symonds.
 
Aus 17/0 off 3 overs now... goodish start...
 
alghazzali said:
Course they are, watch how they struggle against Symonds.

england have always struggled against spinners in odis, wether it be v pakistan, australia or sri lanka...

why? because england dont have a set game plan 2 attack the batsmen either poke around or go for slogs...! thats what happened in the odi series in pakistan last time... however, in test england batsmen will just sit in and wait for the bad balls etc....
 
Amjid Javed said:
england have always struggled against spinners in odis, wether it be v pakistan, australia or sri lanka...

why? because england dont have a set game plan 2 attack the batsmen either poke around or go for slogs...! thats what happened in the odi series in pakistan last time... however, in test england batsmen will just sit in and wait for the bad balls etc....

U really, honestly think they'll pick Kaneria's wrong'un, even Brian Lara misread a few, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, to name but a few of the batsmen.
 
Someone kindly post score updates as I am at work and can’t browse too much
 
alghazzali said:
U really, honestly think they'll pick Kaneria's wrong'un, even Brian Lara misread a few, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, to name but a few of the batsmen.

lara cained kaneria most of the series, the other 3 u named where all mainly out of form during last series....!

kaneria will do damage in tests however if england are 150/1 etc all time do to are pop gun seamers not been able 2 take wickets etc... the kaneria will have to graft and graft...
 
Aus 44/0 (9)

australia seem 2 be playing conservatively at moment

275-300 is a minimum here i think...
 
gichrist gone! tremlett bowls short gilly cuts and jones drops it but catches the ball on rebound... very good catch

aus 44/1 (9.1)
 
pointing has a similar style to yasir yes, early on pointing tends 2 shuffle across his stumps to much and can be a huge lbw candidate as he tends 2 be off balance and his head out off line, once hes in thou there are few better batsmen off fast bowling
 
aus 61/1 (12)

hayden trashes tremlett thru sqaure leg and then thru point

10 runs off over

harmison on now...
 
pointing smashes harmison thru covers for 4 what a shot

aus 69/1

hayden 32 pointing 11
 
flintoff now onto bowl

aus 69/1 (13)

right am going gym fessal bhai, will update in about hour or so...
 
Australia innings (50 overs maximum) R B 4 6
+AC Gilchrist c Jones b Tremlett 18 31 2 0
ML Hayden c Jones b Flintoff 39 56 5 0
*RT Ponting c Giles b Harmison 27 40 4 0
DR Martyn not out 15 31 0 0
A Symonds not out 25 38 1 0
Extras (lb 10, w 5, nb 4) 19
Total (3 wickets, 32 overs) 143
FoW: 1-44 (Gilchrist, 9.1 ov), 2-95 (Ponting, 20.2 ov),
3-96 (Hayden, 21.1 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Gough 6 0 22 0 (1nb)
Tremlett 6 0 35 1 (1nb, 1w)
Harmison 7 2 22 1 (2nb, 2w)
Flintoff 5 0 23 1 (2w)
Giles 5 1 14 0
Collingwood 3 0 17 0
 
Aus 157/3 (34)

symonds looking 2 open up here...
 
Aus 188/3 off 39 overs

250-60 wud be minimum
 
symonds launches giles into the crowd....! 6

aus 225/3 (43) - 11 runs off the over

martyn gets to 50
 
symonds lashes another 6

hes onto 73 now...

aus 236/3 (44.5)
 
symonds run out... superb fielding

aus 238/4 (45.1)
 
Aus 266/5 (50)

england need 267 runs to win in 50 overs
 
england 6/2 (5.1)

lee cleans up strauss and mcgrath gets tresco caught behind!
 
England are in deep trouble
Lets see if Pieterson and Flintoff could play under pressure
 
TO be hnest, I could see this comign last game. IT was awfulyl close and they left it til the last second. Pieterson cannot score each time. But my point is, Englands openers are playing way too slow and cautious and putting no pressure on the fielders. Een in the last game, they played so damn defensive. Tresco scored 16 off 32 last game and 0 off 15 this game. Just proves what frame of mind he is in, when he is smacking 85 off 65 against Bangladesh.

All a matter of confidence and the openers have to play with that if they want to beat Australia.
 
tresco has been exposed time and time agen by australia.... nothing new here!
 
btw why did tresco win the toss and field first when everyone knows that in england it darts all over the place in the evenings
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top