[EXCLUSIVE] "I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with Jason Gillespie again": Mir Hamza

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mir Hamza has been a force to reckon with in first-class cricket. He has played 114 matches with a bowling average of 22.82 and a brilliant economy of 2.89 rpo, but yet he has only managed to play 5 matches at the international level.

This year, he displayed an impressive performance during Pakistan's Test tour of Australia, where he took 7 wickets in 2 games, and his economy rate of 2.29 made him the most economical bowler of the series. He also showcased his potential in the white-ball format, where he took 10 wickets in 7 matches for the Karachi Kings in PSL 9.

Mir Hamza joins PakPassion for an exclusive interview with Saj, where he discusses his current stint playing for Glamorgan in the County Championship, reflects on his performances in Australia and in the PSL, and shares his aspirations to continue representing his country. He also provides some interesting remarks on Mohammad Amir's comeback to international cricket and shares his thoughts on Jason Gillespie's appointment as head coach for Pakistan's Test team.

Watch the entire interview with Saj below:

He is right that we should take cricket as cricket to enjoy it, and I think Mir Hamza can be successful in ODIs. But T20Is are not his cup of tea because in PSL 9, his bowling average was 22.30 and in modern day T20 cricket it should be less than 20.

He is right that we should take cricket as cricket to enjoy it, and I think Mir Hamza can be successful in ODIs. But T20Is are not his cup of tea because in PSL 9, his bowling average was 22.30 and in modern day T20 cricket it should be less than 20.
Considering zaman khan gets selected and has made it a habit of giving freebies, I'd take mir Hamza or Ali over zaman any day.

Infact mir hamaza amd Ali > Rauf and hasan Ali easily. No contest or question.

He has such a great attitude.

No rona dhona

Complete opposite of so many of our cricketers.

Am glad he will get to work with Gillespie.

His best quality is that he keeps it tight. Naseem, Rauf, Shaheen spray it all around and give away too many runs. Mir is the only bowler in the country who can bowl like Hazlewood in the sense that 9/10 balls will be bowled with pin-point accuracy. He holds one end really well and I think he is unfortunate not to be given a go in the T20 format.

Mir Hamza is rested for this game and will be replaced by another overseas player, the world-renowned batter Marnus Labuschagne, who has returned to Cardiff this week. That's why he is not playing for Glamorgan against Middlesex in the County Championship 2024.

Good thing is under Mr Gillespie he would be a regular starter, forseeing his entry into Pakistan white ball team soon but for T20s it looks difficult at the moment as we already have some big names there with quite some clout. So he may have to wait a bit long there. But true it would be a loss of PCT.
His best quality is that he keeps it tight. Naseem, Rauf, Shaheen spray it all around and give away too many runs. Mir is the only bowler in the country who can bowl like Hazlewood in the sense that 9/10 balls will be bowled with pin-point accuracy. He holds one end really well and I think he is unfortunate not to be given a go in the T20 format.

why cant he add 5 kph to his bowling. Even Bhuvaneshwar did it

Mir Hamza is most probably the regular in test cricket for me. He will be playing quite a few games after that Australia series. He should be playing more games and if he dropped early then it the loss of PCT. This guy is bowling pretty well in county cricket. Gillespie will definitely be looking towards him to be more consistent and regular in the team rather than just a replacement bowler. Expectin some more improvement from him.

A decent unbeaten knock from Mir Hamza for Glamorgan against Leicestershire in county championship 2024.

If we look at those shots with full control, it suggests he has the makings of a Test all-rounder.

And he's off to a great start, taking an early wicket, bowling 2 maidens with an impressive economy rate of 3.33!

it's impressive that even in bazball era couty cricket, he is able to keep his economy super tight. his control is exceptional

Mir Hamza already making reservations in the Test side and cosying up to the coach

Back