Fawad Alam reaches 10,000 First-Class runs

Uzair Gooner

Tape Ball Star
Runs
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fawad Alam has today reached the career milestone of 10,000 runs in First-class cricket at an average of over 57 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/797786267425656832">November 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Congratulations to Fawad, hope he breaks into Pakistan's test side soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent news for Fawad Alam - one of the most honest and hard-working cricketers to play for Pakistan. Just hope he makes a comeback soon.

As Haris seems to be getting for, it'll be a battle between Babar, Haris and Fawad for the spots that Misbah and Younis will leave vacant.

Congratulations to Fawad Alam.. This is my apology to him from the whole cricketing fraternity for having been treated the way he has been.. We don't deserve a player like you.. In an alternate universe you would've been deservedly given a chance to play Test Match years and years ago.. You would deservedly have had atleast half the runs in International cricket that you scored in domestic matches

That's his level pretty much. Maybe hard done in tests, but rightfully dropped in ODIs.

Some batsmen are destined for their domestic circuits.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should play tests ahead of Shafiq. A real injustice for his talent.

A worthy achievement. He is in good company: Ramprakash, Hicks etc

Congratulations Fawad bhai

He should start concentrating on his spin, should target the all-rounder spot in our test team! that spot is still vacant

Congratulations , but I think its difficult for him to get into the side.

Selectors and management do not look at him as International material.

His bowling also is stagnant , has not improved since last 5 - 6 years.

Doesn't matter even if he gets 20k runs. He has been written off the format which he would've aced by now since 2009.

But they were given proper chances in test cricket and Fawad is not. Difference hai bhai

Sure. I am just attempting to predict the future. He will have his share of chances in 2017-18 and thereafter we can proclaim him as domestic king.

How much money are domestic players paid? Is it a liveable wage? What about for guys like Fawad who has a mix of both International/Domestic experience?

I really do feel for Fawad Alam - really has been hard done by over the years.

Cannot believe that the last time he played a Test was in November 2009... :(

Now I can understand Umer Akmal's exclusion for all these years given his attitude and regression but Fawad has always maintained a stellar reputation and terrific stats in domestic circuit. What did he do wrong?

It is cases like these that really make me angry over Misbah and some of our coaches... :po:

Harshly treated in tests. Had he played as many tests as old McDonald, he would have been a more dependable test batsman.

Fawad Alam outperforms Miandad, Yousuf in domestic cricket

The talented but often discarded middle-order batsman, Fawad Alam has achieved a major cricketing milestone in Pakistan’s domestic cricket after he completed 10,000 runs in the first-class cricket on Sunday.

Alam, who enjoys a great bit of fan following in the country particularly among Karachiites, achieved this feat while playing for SSGC against UBL in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy in Sialkot, reported local media.

The left-handed batsman remained not out on 108 when he reached the milestone on his 211th inning during his 132nd first-class match. Alam is the second quickest to the 10,000 mark, beating the likes of Javed Miandad, Muhammad Yousuf, and skipper Misbah-ul Haq and only legendry Hanif Mohammad sits above Alam as he has scored 10,000 runs playing less innings i.e. 189.

Alam has represented Pakistan internationally in only three Test matches, despite being labeled as a Test batsman. Playing domestic cricket, Alam enjoys a batting average of over 57, which is a proof to his capabilities in the game’s longer formats.

However, it remains to be seen when Alam will get the chance at the international level again. At the moment though, Alam is celebrating the massive achievement along with his SSGC teammates.

http://www.brecorder.com/sports/cri...forms-miandad-yousuf-in-domestic-cricket.html

Feel really bad for him but the reason why he keeps getting overlooked is his awful batting stance. His career should serve a lesson for every youngster out there that you shouldn't have such an unusual batting stance.

The curious case of Fawad Alam.

One of the mysteries of Pakistan cricket :)

Personally I think he should have been given more opportunities for Pakistan over the years.

hes often described as a domestic bully only, or a pakistani hick or ramprakash - he might well be, we may or may not find out - but theres zero evidence of it so far.

hick was given 65 (ave 31) tests and 122 odis (ave 37) before they decided he couldnt cut it at that level because of his exemplary domestic stats (fc/LA 52/41).

Ramprakash was given 52 (ave 27) tests and 18 odis (ave 27) before they decided he couldnt cut it at that level because of his exemplary domestic stats (fc/LA 53/40).

Alam has been given 3 (ave 42) tests and 38 odis (ave 40) before they decided he couldnt cut it at that level because of his exemplary domestic stats (fc/LA 57/48).

Theres no comparison. he has been given no chances in comparison to hem. in the handful he has been given, he has massively outperformed them. even domestically he has massively outperformed them.

obviously the technique argument is ridiculous. whether it looks ugly, he stands on his head, wears a skirt, whatever - he has averaged better than any pakistani batsman in the history of the game in fc. his technique is fine, otherwise he wouldnt have scored so far ahead of everyone else, including the miandads, abbass's, etc etc etc.

Would've outscored every Pak batsman in UAE in tests, maybe not Younis, had he been playing in the team for the last 6 years.

The curious case of Fawad Alam.

One of the many mysteries of Pakistan cricket :)

Personally I think he should have been given more opportunities for Pakistan over the years.
[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] bahi I think this would be more appropriate !!

Back