For Kerala Muslim man, Catholic priest brings the gift of life

mithun_minhas

ODI Debutant
Runs
Finally a heartening story a midst all gloomy news. Kerala people are good people.

Diagnosed with chronic kidney disease a year-and-a-half ago, 30-year-old Rasad Muhammad's hope of living had sunk with each passing day as a donor remained elusive. Until last month, when his saviour appeared suddenly — in the form of a Christian priest he had never met before.

Father Kidangathazhe Sebastian, 41, will donate one of his kidneys to Rasad so he can live. Preparations are under way, and the transplant surgery is likely to be performed next month.

On February 25, Rasad had boarded a bus from Aluva to go to Kochi for his check-up. Fr Sebastian, who is associated with the Catholic Goodness TV, and who was then not wearing his cassock, was seated next to him.

"He looked very weak and burdened. He told me the story of his tragedy and his desperate search for a kidney donor," Fr Sebastian said. "I was seized of the pain of a life facing death. I made a cursory query about his blood group, which matched mine."

For the priest from Idukki, the fortuitous match held special significance. It signalled to him the end of his silent quest to practise what he had been preaching.

"Inspired by the story of Fr Davis Chiramel, who had donated one of his kidneys to a Hindu man in 2009, I had been longing to make the same sacrifice. Somewhere, I hoped, I would meet the deserving person. What mattered to me most was that the decision would save a life. I realised that the person seated beside me in the bus was the most deserving person,'' he said.

The following day, they went to the hospital to start the procedure for donation and transplant. The tests have been positive. "A few counseling sessions and a final nod from the medical board remain. In all probability, the transplant will take place within a month," said the priest.

M_Id_374919_SD.jpg

Link - http://www.indianexpress.com/news/for-kerala-muslim-man-catholic-priest-brings-the-gift-of-life/1100651/

This story was shown in Sony TV's Crime Patrol, and the story was very heart warming, The Priest is a great man.

India :heart:

Thats why NaMo bhai is gonna build the #StatueOfUnity. :kapil

I am indeed very happy and proud of our religious tolerance.thanks to the strong communist govt which uprooted communalism more earlier than the rest of India:)

And,FC bhai your BJP has not secured even a single seat here in kerala(and never will).On what basis you are giving credit to Namo who is no where here in this picture?:kapil

Keralans are very tolerant and easy going people if the few I've met in the UK are to judge by. Hopefully they'll stay that way and not fall under the sway of various communal movements which is all too easy in the SC.

I am indeed very happy and proud of our religious tolerance.thanks to the strong communist govt which uprooted communalism more earlier than the rest of India:)

And,FC bhai your BJP has not secured even a single seat here in kerala(and never will).On what basis you are giving credit to Namo who is no where here in this picture?:kapil

BJP got 6% of votes which more than decent :misbah

how abt referring to your neighbouring state in the east ..
no BJP , no commies ( communists :p ) and congress reduced to proxy party

I despise BJP. Only support NaMo coz he's the man.

velu anna,enakku teriyum.ungalukku enga malayalikal mele porama.we have the best human development index in India.athanalathan neenga ippadi pesringa.:msd

(i know my tamil is atrocious,still bear it.:D)

velu anna,ennude tamil eppadi irikku?

Damn you velu..:asif
you are purposefully ignoring me.so i will take it as a win.;-)

Last edited:
velu anna,ennude tamil eppadi irikku?

Damn you velu..:asif
you are purposefully ignoring me.so i will take it as a win.;-)

grrrr .. un tamil nalla thaan iruku.. ( its easy for a mallu to learn/speak tamil .. just use office instead of "OOO"ffice )..

ok.. kerala's HDI is the best in india , maybe because of gulf's moneyz ( but i am sure coimbatore's HDI >>> HDI of kerala )..
again TN is more peaceful than kerala in religious matters :p

enakau sisters yarum kidatu :asadrauf

I saw an episode of this reconstructed story on Crime Patrol.

Heart warming.

i didn't know that office is a malayalam word and coimbatore is a state.:p

Last edited:
err.. my mistake

malluland is the most tolerant state .. happpy kya :afridi

Kerala priest donates kidney to Muslim woman

MAKING THIS Christmas season merry for a Muslim family, a Kerala Christian priest on Wednesday donated one of his kidneys to Kairunnissa, a 29-year-old mother of a toddler.

Shibu Yohannan, 39, is a priest from the Jacobite Church in Wayanad and was inspired by the story of Davis Chiramel, the first priest in Kerala to donate a kidney to a stranger five years ago.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/kerala-priest-donates-kidney-to-muslim-woman-4439312/

You know what upsets me the most .. ?

Most Keralites never used to look for religious/caste considerations whaen it came to basic human/humanitarian deeds.

These things have been happening in Kerala for ages. Now we have to report this and make it Front page news each time this happens. !! Pretty much indicates the sad state our culture has become :(..

May Allah give Jazaaeykheir to both the priests. Aameen.

This is a great gesture. Humanity.

Hope both transplants are successful.

Back