Four Lions (2010 film)

I've heard of a couple of people talk about being interested in this movie actually. I bet one of them was the one who already posted this :13:

Can't wait for this movie. looks brilliant.

It's from the guy who did brasstrack

I have seen the trailer (the one where the guy explains his disguise) a number of times now and its bloody hilarious :))) :))) :)))

The film's made by the guy who used to do "brass eye" which was not a prgram for everyone.

Guess who the big hands guy is,

Fonejacker.

Wazeeri said:
The film's made by the guy who used to do "brass eye" which was not a prgram for everyone.

Fonejacker.
Ye . . Kayvan Novak (Iranian) and very disappointed with Riz MC . .

And how come it 'premiered' on 25 March in Bradford ? daym I missed that!

Last edited:
Wazeeri said:

Fonejacker.
OMG Fonejacker?! Wow :D

Wazeeri said:

Fonejacker.

Yeah, hes done a new series called facejacker, not as funny imo

Watched this last night, think that from now I shall exclaim "Eye up y'unbelivin kuffar ********!" every time I walk into a shop in the city centre in a Yorkshire accent

Big Mac said:
Watched this last night, think that from now I shall exclaim "Eye up y'unbelivin kuffar ********!" every time I walk into a shop in the city centre in a Yorkshire accent
The way he says it is so lol :))

Film was hilarious! Not only that, very well acted and some parts of it were pure genius!

Sultan Yusuf said:
Film was hilarious! Not only that, very well acted and some parts of it were pure genius!

Was it as controversial as the media have portrayed it to be?

Sultan Yusuf said:
Not really....I would just say watch it!
I went to watch the film during the weekend amongst an almost exclusively white audience (didn’t help that we arrived about 5 minutes into the film and had to walk through the middle of the cinema).

The film was a sharp, aptly written and well-observed black comedy. I was quite surprised at how the audience really warmed to the story and were laughing throughout the film (even during some scenes that I thought they would find uncomfortable as it almost mimicked the 7/7 bombings).

It seems that comic gags and slapstick humour will be appreciated, despite the subject matter, if they are well-delivered. Riz Ahmed gave a really superb performance as the conflicted leader, Omar, and the dialogue between him and Barry (the radicalised convert) were really entertaining and definitely worth watching.

Conversely, towards the end of the film there are some wonderfully satirical references to the way that the police and authorities handle themselves during these raids and operations. All in all, a good entertaining film although I did feel it ended rather abruptly and there was a sense that we could have had an extra 20 or 30 minutes of comic material involving the police and authorities.

Does the movie do more good then bad for us muslims living in the west??

well i don't see The Sun or Sky News talking about it

they hate anything which might show muslims as human and as part of a 'comedy' narrative it does not fit with their aims to dehumanise muslims and scare the rest of the population about the threat

Chris Morris is great at debunking and ridiculing the establishment and in particular the media

I watched it few weeks back Defo worth watchin Its hilarious and a laugh riot I didnt find anythin controversial

I need to watch this. Trailer is hilarious...:)))

'What we gonna blow up....' 'Internet'.

:))) :)))

Not controversial at all, it takes the **** out of certain types of Muslims but not out of Islam. You can see Morris did his research too, a lot of in-jokes that only Muslims will get.

SWERVE_uk said:
Does the movie do more good then bad for us muslims living in the west??

I'd be surprised if it made muslims look anything other than fanatics or bumbling idiots, that's usually the only type that end up on TV.

where can i watch this online?

Never heard of this movie here..

Its a good film, a lot of laugh out loud moments in it, good use of Punjabi also. Its worth a look I'd say, makes some clever jokes in between not everyone got in the cinema I watched it in.

Anyone have an online link for it? I don't think its playing in any theatres here..

Just watched this today, awesome movie, filmed in my area :D

Four Lions (Movie 2010)

This has to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!
[utube]-_sBuPCO31Q[/utube]
The trailer isn't the best but I guarantee you the movie is class.

yeah saw this a week ago, great movie :)))

some of the swear words in urdu and punjabi are just disgusting lol

found a way to watch the movie online does anyone want to watch it ( btw you can only watch 72 minutes then you have to wait a bit cah its megavideo but amazing quality )

found a way to watch the movie online does anyone want to watch it ( btw you can only watch 72 minutes then you have to wait a bit cah its megavideo but amazing quality )

use internet explorer or firefox, buffer it completely and work offline and watch it. when you've seen it, work online and watch the rest :D

I watched it yesterday...

I was kinda sick of seeing the radiclised brainwashed blow everyone up type Muslim being portrayed again, but at the end of it , it showed how mash up these people really are in a real funny way... which I guess is good thing.

Some of the scenes were hilarious i loved that Waj character, he was so lost, but so darn funny, it was his inoncence and accent.

I watched it yesterday...

I was kinda sick of seeing the radiclised brainwashed blow everyone up type Muslim being portrayed again, but at the end of it , it showed how mash up these people really are in a real funny way... which I guess is good thing.

Some of the scenes were hilarious i loved that Waj character, he was so lost, but so darn funny, it was his inoncence and accent.

LOL Rubber Dinghy Rapids bro n in the end were hes like Saf if youre watching this right go around maccy day ( or Dave ) house n get my £200 of him lol

Am I the only one who thought it was over the top? I didn't really find it funny. I thought Waj was a dissapointment...expected more from the Fonejacker guy.

'I'm in the Kebab shop, I've got hostages and everything like Xbox Counter Strike. Thing is, they're all brothers. I still get points for taking them with me, yeah, like nectar card?'

:))) :)))

Legendary movie.

Last edited:
Seen this film twice.

"Rubber dinghy rapids!"

Tip from the top, say the above repeatedly to really irritate people....

It was hilarious in parts.

But overall, I think it missed the mark a bit and was confused as to what sort of movie it wanted to be. Would have been good if the ending was a bit different and sent a positive sort of message.

Instead, I came out of the movies thinking - "So now people will be afraid of the 'average young Muslim family' who are born and bred in the West?"

I think the whole idea of the movie was to take the fear out of people regarding terrorism as we have been scare mongered to death since 9/11 about the big bad wolf muslim coming to get you.

A little late to bump this thread but I'd like to state that when I watched it, I found it thoroughly enjoyable and predominantly hilarious. Especially entertaining because it was on a rarely covered topic - and one which is usually discussed in a negative, serious manner and rarely ever humourously (at least in the media - me and my friends did make the same sorts of jokes in school which our schoolmates actually understood and didn't find offensive).

Quite a few people from my local area featured in the film too - present in the rap scene. Allegedly paid £50 for their services, which was essentially sitting in the crowd.

absolutely hate dairy of a badman.

very very annoying

It was acceptable and pretty humourous during the first three episodes but I stopped watching it soon after it became extremely repetitive and - as you have stated - irritating rather than comedic. Also became considerably offensive to Islam in many respects.

i know what you mean, just not really into this type of comedy, (acting stupid, over the top comedy).
Also got too many idiots where i live acting like this

i know what you mean, just not really into this type of comedy, (acting stupid, over the top comedy).
Also got too many idiots where i live acting like this

I'll probably testify to this. Although these typical British Pakistanis aren't too common in my local area (although they are still conspicuously present), upon my visits to London/Birmingham/Bradford and also what I've heard, I'm aware of the prevalence of these type of British Pakistani youths.

4 lions the movie

Im probably one of the few who did not find this movie amusing as made out to be. Good time pass though.

Watched this movie for the first time quite a while back and have watched it a few more times again as it was very funny.

This movie does its job which is to show the audience that Muslims are human beings and aren't the monsters western brain-washing media portrays them to be.

Comical stuff, black comedy and excellent acting by '4 lions'.

Fasial accidentally blowing himself up than the conversation that comes after has to be the best part

Watched the film today (quite surprising given I hardly ever watch film) and still found it predominantly hilarious. Quite strange that I recognised such a substantial amount of the cast (from the rap scene at the discussion and at the final scene in Kebabish). Plus, I remember watching this clip from a long duration ago:

[UTUBE]tH9y9HU-gQg[/UTUBE]​

Considering this is one of the most humourous clips from the film ever, I'm quite astonished that it wasn't considered funny enough to feature in the film. Priceless!

Loved this film. Felt very sorry for the poor crow!

I found the portrayal of the white English guy who had covert's zeal interesting.

Bump.

Just watched this again. Could have been made yesterday.

The writing is fantastic. Razor-sharp, very relevant - has not aged at all - and genuinely funny throughout.

Can see why Riz became famous on the back of this film, superb performance from him.

Bump.

The writing is fantastic. Razor-sharp, very relevant - has not aged at all - and genuinely funny throughout.

Can see why Riz became famous on the back of this film, superb performance from him.

brilliant movie

Bump.

Theres the other one that looks like the terrorist Shazad Tanweer, I have seen a few shows advertised with him in it too.

This great film kick-started a fair few excellent acting careers!

Back