Go to Pakistan: Meerut SP caught on video threatening anti-CAA protesters

Mian

T20I Debutant
Runs
A senior police officer from the sensitive town of Meerut, where five died on December 20 during protests against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act, has been caught on video asking protesters to leave India and "go to Pakistan".

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_9VVZjuZhWE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the video clip, Meerut Superintendent of Police (City) Akhilesh Narayan Singh is seen walking down a narrow lane in riot gear. At one point, Singh stops to talk to a group of men wearing skull caps. "Kahan jaoge? Is gali ko main theek karoonga [Where will you go? I will set this lane straight," the SP is heard telling the men in the video, which was shot in Meerut's Lisari Gate on December 20 -- when five persons were killed during anti-CAA protests.

"Jo kaali patti aur neeli patti baandh rahe ho unko keh do Pakistan chale jaayein [These black and blue badges you people are wearing, tell them to go to Pakistan]," says SP Akhilesh Narayan Singh.

"Desh main agar nahin rehne ka mann hai to chale jao bhaiya...aaoge yahan, gaoge kahin aur ka Yeh gali mujhe yaad ho gayi hai. Aur jab mujhe yaad ho jaata hai toh mein naani tak pahunch jaata hun [If you don't want to live here, go to Pakistan...you come here but sing praises of some other place. I am now familiar with this lane. And once I remember, I can even reach your grandmother]," the SP threatens the men in the video.

"Is gali main kuch ho gaya toh tum log hi keemat chukaoge [If something happens here, you will only have to pay the price]," the SP warns the men who only nod and tell the police officer that he is right.

The SP then turns around with other police officers, also in riot gear, but returns at least thrice to warn the men. He is even heard hurling abuses. "Ek ek ghar ke ek ek aadmi ko jail main bhar doonga main. [I will throw every man from every house in jail]," the SP says, and ends his rant by saying, "I will destroy them."

WHAT HAS MEERUT SP SAID

Speaking to India Today, SP city Akhilesh Singh said there was chaos in the area and when he reached the lane, he saw some anti-social elements raising slogans in praise of Pakistan.

"Some boys after seeing us raised pro-Pakistan slogans and started running. I told them if you raise such slogans and hate India, then go to Pakistan," the Meerut SP said. He added that the anti-social elements, believed to be in their early 20's, are being identified by the UP Police.

SP Akhilesh Singh's senior ADG Meerut Prashant Kumar, meanwhile, defended the officer and said, If the situation was normal, then the choice of words could have been better. That day, however, the situation was extremely volatile and our officers showed a lot of restraint. There was no firing by the police.

Stones were being hurled, anti-India and pro-neighbouring country slogans were being raised. The situation was tense. PFI pamphlets were being distributed. This was despite all appeals, including by religious leader, ADG Meerut Prashant Kumar has said.

WHAT HAPPENED IN MEERUT ON DEC 20

During the protests on December 20, protesters had torched vehicles and pelted stones at police, who used lathi-charge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse mobs.

While five people died during the protests, 35 policemen were injured in the violence. The deceased have been identified as Mohsin, Aasif, Zahir, Aalim, all residents of Meerut, and Asif from Delhi.

To maintain law and order, internet services were shut in Meerut and social media continuously monitored for inflammatory posts.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-protesters-pakistan-video-1632137-2019-12-28

His justification is so lame weakening India's own stance because first we were told Indian Muslims don't support Pakistan and are patriots then we were told only Kashmiri muslims chant these slogans of Pakistan Zindabad to show their anger now this SP is saying Indian muslims from meerut a city of indian biggest state UP are chanting these slogans thats why he is sending them to Pakistan?

I asked this before and I will ask this again, I hope there’s enough water in India...

They’ll need it to put out all the fire..

Let’s hope history does not talk about the atrocities committed by Fascist India

India becoming a basket case.

His justification is so lame weakening India's own stance because first we were told Indian Muslims don't support Pakistan and are patriots then we were told only Kashmiri muslims chant these slogans of Pakistan Zindabad to show their anger now this SP is saying Indian muslims from meerut a city of indian biggest state UP are chanting these slogans thats why he is sending them to Pakistan?

Check Hamid Mir tweet regarding this vid ...

"gO tO pAkIsTaN"

Now they're trying to act like westerners here too. Trying to kick out the "immigrants". What jokers

Someone tell these jokers that Indian muslims have lived in INDIA their whole lives and so have their ancestors.

Newspapers have been screaming headlines about India’s countrywide protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), which was recently passed by parliament, and the proposed National Register of Citizens (NRC). Both seek to make India’s approximately 200 million Muslim people – 14% of India’s population – second-class citizens.

But for me the protests were up close and personal. My 32-year-old son and daughter-in-law were roughed up by a handful of police while filming a huge protest rally in Bengaluru.

I was proud of my three children, who all turned up to protest, but my stomach churned when I heard that my youngest son’s shoulder had been dislocated. It’s a sign of the times we live in. My husband and I, with our older son, marched in solidarity in our small mountain town near Ooty in Tamil Nadu.

There is nothing exceptional about protests in India. People quite readily take to the streets to make their voices heard. But the protests over the last few days have been something else. I was part of a women’s group that documented the pogrom in Gujarat in 2002 when Prime Minister Modi was the chief minister of the state. The scale of the killings and rapes was horrific. At the time, it was being called the “final solution” experiment. Almost two decades on, the guilty have all been exonerated. They walked scot-free. Genocide was perpetrated with impunity.

I have sometimes bemoaned the apathy of the younger generation in India. They appeared more caught up with careers and being upwardly mobile than the plight of Muslims, dalits and adivasis (tribal people). Gay rights and campaigning against the climate crisis were acceptable causes but the alarming rightwing politics of the country seemed too far beyond their interest range.

But when the government passed the CAA, and police entered the Jamia University in Delhi, a site of one of the early protests, and attacked innocent students, then brutally beat up students at the Aligarh Muslim University, in Uttar Pradesh, it was as if a light switch had been flicked. Thousands of people, especially young people, were galvanised to take to the streets and protest, including my children. This December has brought hope where I, personally, have felt despair about the future of India. As the independent Indian news website, The Wire said: “There comes a time in a nation’s history when silence is no longer an option. When neutrality, equivocation, discretion are acts of cravenness. Where standing up, and even protesting, becomes a moral duty, because much more than the personal, or even the principle, is involved — this is an inflection point where the very soul and existence of India are at stake.”

An incredible cross section of India is not prepared to be craven. “Spaghetti straps mingled with sherwanis”, is how one report described a mixed group of modern, westernised young women rubbing shoulders with older, traditional-looking men. The posters cried: “We are not Hindus, Christians or Muslims. We are Indians”, “No silence, no violence” and “All I want for Christmas is a new government”. A young lad, who stood defiantly before a police water cannon in Delhi, said: “There is more water in my eyes than their water cannon as I cry for my country”.

Mumbai is a city in a hurry. Most people do an exhausting daily grind, commuting a couple of hours each way in jam-packed suburban trains. Yet they appeared in their thousands to stand beside the people being targeted by the CAA and NRC. Not to be outdone, Bengalureans also took to the streets in their thousands, as did people all over India. From the nation’s most elite campuses, the Indian Institutes of Management and major science universities and medical colleges – generally known to be apolitical institutions – the protests moved to myriad small town colleges

What galvanised people from such different backgrounds to rally together is the attacks on Muslims. Uttar Pradesh’s Muslim-hating chief minister has already confiscated and auctioned the properties of Muslims he claims took part in protest in what is being described as an “Indian Kristallnacht in the making”. And reports claim at least 18 people, including an eight-year-old boy, have been killed. After initially denying the killings, UP police finally stated that they had fired in self-defence.

Harsh Mander, a leading activist says: “India is witnessing the rise of young people in defence of a country being divided by its rulers with hate. Young people are picking up the mantle of the very battle for which Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated. He was killed for the idea of India as a humane and inclusive republic in which Muslims would be equal citizens in every way.”

CAA and NRC will be part of the nation’s alphabet soup for some time to come. The first refers to an amendment to the 1955 Citizenship Act, which allows Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Christians and Buddhists who have illegally entered India from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh to be fast-tracked for Indian citizenship on the ostensible grounds that they are fleeing persecution. The singling out of these religions and the obvious omission of Muslims and non-Muslim countries such as Sri Lanka and Myanmar are what have evoked such a strong response.

The NRC is the official record of legal Indian citizens. It was first prepared after the 1951 census in India and has not been updated until recently, when the process was initiated in the north-eastern state of Assam. But 1.9 million people have been excluded from its register as a result – many of them Muslims. When the home minister Amit Shah declared in parliament that the NRC would be rolled out across the country, and parliament passed the CAA, people began to feel that this was a strategic move to isolate Muslims and render them stateless.

But the protests are an indication of how important secularism is to Indians. The CAA – implemented by the Hindu nationalist ruling BJP party – is seen to hit at the heart of secular India.

December is universally recognised as the month of “good cheer”. To all those who wish me a happy new year, I find it hard to respond. It’s a sad season this year. And 2020 doesn’t hold out much promise. But the protests are a sign of hope. Young people all over India, including my adult children, have marched in protest. They’ve become politicised and aware that complacency has no place in a democracy. I hope their voices make an impact in the corridors of power.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/28/indians-protesting-secularism-modi-muslims

Last edited by a moderator:
In india 'Pakistan Zindabad' is shouted in states like kashmir & other states as an act of provocation. That crowd did the same and this guy got angry & said if u like pakistan then go to pakistan.

if the crowd really said 'Pakistan Zindabad' (as per his claim) then wat he did is correct. Even I would have done the same.

Don't know y but south asian muslims always find grass to be greener on the other side. Like pakistani muslims (some ppl actually) think that life in arab states or western world is so cool & money making way but truth is arabs treat south asian muslims in a horrible way when labor from south asia goes to arab countries like KSA, UAE, kuwait etc., but still south asia muslims try to imitate arabs as much as possible

don't know why

In india 'Pakistan Zindabad' is shouted in states like kashmir & other states as an act of provocation. That crowd did the same and this guy got angry & said if u like pakistan then go to pakistan.

if the crowd really said 'Pakistan Zindabad' (as per his claim) then wat he did is correct. Even I would have done the same.

Don't know y but south asian muslims always find grass to be greener on the other side. Like pakistani muslims (some ppl actually) think that life in arab states or western world is so cool & money making way but truth is arabs treat south asian muslims in a horrible way when labor from south asia goes to arab countries like KSA, UAE, kuwait etc., but still south asia muslims try to imitate arabs as much as possible

don't know why

Why is South Asian labour in Arab countries? is someone holding a gun to their heads?

don't know why

If Ind Muslims are saying this then you have ask yourself why? I always found Indian Muslims far too submissive and too patriotic for people that are treated like rubbish. Modi and the majority of the Inds have shown them their true worth.

Why is South Asian labour in Arab countries? is someone holding a gun to their heads?

poverty sir, poverty ! Do u know there are at least 70 % of these south asian labor working without iqama coz they have to send money back home due to their poverty as they don't much education like us.

South asian labor (both hindus & muslims) are horribly treated infact treated as slaves in arab states by snatching their passports , making in live in horrible conditions without proper nutritious food etc.,

If Ind Muslims are saying this then you have ask yourself why? I always found Indian Muslims far too submissive and too patriotic for people that are treated like rubbish. Modi and the majority of the Inds have shown them their true worth.

Almost all of indian muslims are patriotic. I don't deny it but as said in India 'pakistan zindabad' slogan is used as an act of provocation like in srinagar they use 'pakistani' flag to provoke police & army, not that all people want kashmir to merged with pakistan but they use 'pakistan' to irritate or provoke the police/army.

Last edited:
Almost all of indian muslims are patriotic. I don't deny it but as said in India 'pakistan zindabad' slogan is used as an act of provocation like in srinagar they use 'pakistani' flag to provoke police & army, not that all people want kashmir to merged with pakistan but they use 'pakistan' to irritate or provoke the police/army.

Why don't we hear hindu protestors in Pakistan say "Hindustan Zindabad" to provoke our police?

I think the word you are looking for is they were. Why would any sane person be a loyal to country that considers them 2nd class citizens. Modi wanted this reaction to prove to his Hindutuva that their prejudices and hatreds were justified and he got it. Good work Modi:14:

I am curious to know if it's nothing serious as claimed by many it's just a tactic to provoke thn how come most of the time it's the Indian Muslims shouting these slogans and the not other communities of India. Why just Indian Muslims had to use it and chant slogans in favor of an enemy nation?

I am curious to know if it's nothing serious as claimed by many it's just a tactic to provoke thn how come most of the time it's the Indian Muslims shouting these slogans and the not other communities of India. Why just Indian Muslims had to use it and chant slogans in favor of an enemy nation?

Please don’t ask complicated questions.

All Indian Muslims are patriotic but they have live every waking moment proving their patriotism.

Hindus of India doesn't have to.

don't know why

This is a doctored video by summer just like jnu video.

Why don't we hear hindu protestors in Pakistan say "Hindustan Zindabad" to provoke our police?
lol You must be really naive, if that is a serious question.

Think of the numbers. Even a tiny percentage of Indian Muslims who do this, would affect other Indians who witness it.

Having grown up in the '90s and seen the changes - in a South Indian city like Bengaluru which is pretty cosmopolitan, I've personally heard these pro-Pakistan talk by a few Muslims. And it has always been done while in a larger group of Hindus. I don't know whether it was them being defensive and trying to show they're gutsy or whether they really felt this.

Over the years, I've seen this go down, and I can't recall a single instance in the last 15+ years having seen or heard a pro-Pakistan Indian Muslim talking. And Modi has been ruling only the last 5, so it's not really fear-related.

Around 2006 or something, Pak toured India and there was this one guy who'd painted the Pak flag on his cheeks, but he claimed to be Kashmiri and no one bothered him. There were a few cap-wearing Muslims who appeared to be big fans of Yuvraj (who got a 100) and were supporting India. But I can imagine in a polarized state like UP, with Yogi ruling, Muslims feeling hopeless at times.

Last edited:
BJP IT cell head Amit Malviya, Zee News and Republic claimed that 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans were raised at an anti-CAA protest rally in Lucknow. Alt News found the claim to be false. Read #AltNewsFactCheck. | @free_thinker [MENTION=544]Priya[/MENTION]nkajha0 @Pooja_Chaudhuri

https://t.co/brdIBZhCa1

BJP IT cell head Amit Malviya, Zee News and Republic claimed that 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans were raised at an anti-CAA protest rally in Lucknow. Alt News found the claim to be false. Read #AltNewsFactCheck. | @free_thinker [MENTION=544]Priya[/MENTION]nkajha0 @Pooja_Chaudhuri

https://t.co/brdIBZhCa1

Thank God there are the likes of AltNews in India exposing these bigots.

"Police should take care those who are innocent should not suffer," said Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi

Lucknow: Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said "action must be taken" against the Uttar Policeman who was seen in a video making communal statements in a Muslim locality in Meerut last Friday. The policemen were dealing with violent protests that had broken out in the city after Friday prayers over the amended citizenship law.

In a mobile phone video accessed by NDTV, Akhilesh Narayan Singh, who serves as Superintendent of Police (City) of Meerut, the second in command in the district, can be heard saying "go to Pakistan" to two men.

"If it is true that he made that statement in the video, then it is condemnable. Immediate action must be taken against him," Mr Naqvi said, news agency ANI reported.

"Violence at any level, be it by police or by mob, is unacceptable. It can't be a part of a democratic country. Police should take care that those who are innocent should not suffer," the Union Minister said.

In the video, the police officer Akhilesh Narayan Singh can be seen walking in a narrow lane wearing riot gear. Some other policemen, also in riot gear, are seen walking with him.

Mr Singh stops at a place where a few Muslim men wearing skull caps are standing. "Where will you go? I will set this lane right now that you have given me this chance," the officer tells two men standing nearby, in the video which is a little less than two minutes.

"We were just offering our Namaz," one of them replies.

"That's fine. But these black and blue badges you people are wearing, tell them to go to Pakistan," Mr Singh can be seen telling the men. He continues his rant: "If you do not want to live here then go away. You come here but you sing praises about somewhere else?"

f8ciht8o
Police officer Akhilesh Narayan Singh is seen making communal statements in Meerut.

The three Muslim men, surrounded by a posse of policemen, only mutter this: "You are right".

In the video, Mr Singh and the other policemen then proceed to move ahead but the seemingly infuriated officer returns to the same men at least thrice, and ends by saying, "I will throw every man from every house in jail." He then signs off by saying, "I will destroy everyone."

The Meerut Police said they also faced extreme stone-throwing and violence from protestors last Friday. With six deaths, the number of people who have died in the violence during the citizenship law protests in this western UP town is the highest for any single place across the state.

While most of the dead have gunshot injuries, Meerut Police have not owned up to firing and have released videos from a different location showing masked protesters firing from illegal weapons at cops.

"Some people saw us and shouted pro-Pakistan slogans. This made it clear they were up to some mischief. They ran inside the lane. We found some other people and we scolded them. But we spoke to them about the boys. They had come from the same lane. When they shouted pro-Pakistan slogans, we retaliated," Akhilesh Narayan Singh said on Saturday, after the video emerged.

The police officer's senior said Mr Singh's "choice of words could have been better" under regular circumstances. "There were anti-India slogans being raised. Some people were distributing objectionable pamphlets. He went there and said, 'You can go wherever you want but don't cause destruction'," said Prashant Kumar, Additional Director General of Police of Meerut zone.'

The senior police officer added the situation was sensitive on December 20. "In normal circumstances, the choice of words could have been better. But our officers showed restraint and did not misbehave with everyone. Those who are running the video now are trying to vitiate the atmosphere," Mr Kumar said.

UP Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya said, "He (police officer) did not say it for all Muslims but probably to those who were raising pro-Pakistan slogans while throwing stones. For anyone involved in such activities, the SP City's statement is not wrong."
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/tak...to-pakistan-rant-2155799?pfrom=home-topscroll

Real question is who started irritating or provoking the other in this instance? I know which side you will take but still I would like to know your opinion. :inti

Why would patriotic indians want to provoke and irritate the police/army?

The rioters are using that as a provocative statement. I bet a good # of people would respond the way he did if someone tries to use that provocatively - if you raise slogans for the enemy country, a legit response is to ask you to move there. But now the other side with hang on to this and use it to further their point, so the SP should have probably shown some patience verbally.

It's hard being the police - dealing with rioters who can hide behind masks and throw stones and burn buses, and then having their enablers walking around with mobile phones ready to catch onto one moment of lapsed judgement during the police's response. Totally ignoring the fact that the police are human too and have had stressful days and long hours on duty.

The rioters are using that as a provocative statement. I bet a good # of people would respond the way he did if someone tries to use that provocatively - if you raise slogans for the enemy country, a legit response is to ask you to move there. But now the other side with hang on to this and use it to further their point, so the SP should have probably shown some patience verbally.

It's hard being the police - dealing with rioters who can hide behind masks and throw stones and burn buses, and then having their enablers walking around with mobile phones ready to catch onto one moment of lapsed judgement during the police's response. Totally ignoring the fact that the police are human too and have had stressful days and long hours on duty.

Ind are looking blame everything and every one but look closer to home. The demos are legitimate and if you can't see that, you are also a fascist. Modi has damaged Ind forever, every Ind Muslim has lost trust in their country.

Nowhere in the video is there any proof that the protestors were shouting pakistan zindabad slogans

All we have proof is the SP telling them to go to pakistan because they are muslims

Condemn your government or be a fascist.

Your choice

As an Indian I cannot find harsh enough words to condemn this SP's actions. It is a disturbing that someone who is supposed to be the neutral arm of the law is himself so obviously biased.

It's been very clear to me for some time that this central government, by sowing the poisonous seeds of communal discord will prove to be fundamentally inimical to India's secular character, if not India's very existence in the long term.

Can't talk of anyone else, but I'm committed to opposing this trend.

Real question is who started irritating or provoking the other in this instance? I know which side you will take but still I would like to know your opinion. :inti

If you meant on provoking the police ? then its crowd but if your question was about behaviour of the crowd then may be its their unnecessary apprehensions about NRC (which is not yet tabled in both houses & mandated by SC) . Its like fear of something which didn't happen.

Irony is they started developing hatred for pakistani hindus. Look at this below muslim uber cab driver in delhi , he refused to take a pakistani hindu coz he supported CAB/CAA

https://mobile.twitter.com/tajinderbagga/status/1211271829584658435

if a hindu refuses a muslim driver (which is wrong BTW IMO) then ppl like u will make lot of hue & cry but I wonder what u have to say on this ?

If you meant on provoking the police ? then its crowd but if your question was about behaviour of the crowd then may be its their unnecessary apprehensions about NRC (which is not yet tabled in both houses & mandated by SC) . Its like fear of something which didn't happen.

Irony is they started developing hatred for pakistani hindus. Look at this below muslim uber cab driver in delhi , he refused to take a pakistani hindu coz he supported CAB/CAA

if a hindu refuses a muslim driver (which is wrong BTW IMO) then ppl like u will make lot of hue & cry but I wonder what u have to say on this ?

Say what? What are you going on about? Do you even realize how your stance harms the very nature of the Indian constitution?

Your basically giving the best example of what [MENTION=3685]Cryin Out Loud[/MENTION] just said:

"It's been very clear to me for some time that this central government, by sowing the poisonous seeds of communal discord will prove to be fundamentally inimical to India's secular character, if not India's very existence in the long term.

Say what? What are you going on about? Do you even realize how your stance harms the very nature of the Indian constitution?

I didn't took any stance, I simply answered his question & with regards to that muslim cabbie refusing to take a pakistani hindu then its his stance. Please try to read posts in the context. Thanks

I didn't took any stance, I simply answered his question & with regards to that muslim cabbie refusing to take a pakistani hindu then its his stance. Please try to read posts in the context. Thanks

You did take a dangerous anti India stance. Forget Hindu Muslim, your stance is anti Kalam don't you think?

Your basically giving the best example of what [MENTION=3685]Cryin Out Loud[/MENTION] just said:

"It's been very clear to me for some time that this central government, by sowing the poisonous seeds of communal discord will prove to be fundamentally inimical to India's secular character, if not India's very existence in the long term.

Only imran can save us from this mess bro please request him to urge pakistani hindus refugees to return to pakistan

India Muslims keep telling their country "we are Indians" then why are they being told to move to Pakistan? We don't want them....we don't need them. I am sure speaking on behalf of most sensible Pakistanis we do not want our Hindu's or Sikh's to leave for India. Pakistan belongs to every Pakistani where as India it seems is only for Hindu's now.

Makes no sense to throw anyone out of the country if they are settled and in good jobs etc.

Back