HBL v SNGPL | President's Cup One-Day Tournament | Karachi | 16/4/13 | 1st Semi-Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
90 minutes to go until the 1st Semi-Final!

Habib Bank Limited squad
Abdur Rehman, Aftab Alam, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Ehsan Adil, Fahad Masood, Hasan Raza, Humayun Farhat†, Imran Farhat, Kamran Hussain, Mohammad Aslam, Shahid Afridi, Shan Masood, Younis Khan*

Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited squad
Asad Ali, Azhar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti, Imran Ali, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Rizwan†, Samiullah Khan, Taufeeq Umar, Umar Akmal, Yasir Shah, Zahoor Khan

Salaam.

So this will be televised? :)

A bit surprised to see that the first semi final is on a Tuesday, while the second is on a Thursday, followed by the final on Friday?

The first team will have more days to rest, plus as someone mentioned in another thread, why is the final on a Friday where I believe is still a working day/half day(?) and many people will be busy during Friday prayers in the middle of the day?

Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited have won the toss and elected to field vs. HBL in the 1st Semi-Final.

Imran Farhat and Ahmed Shehzad walking out to the middle to open for HBL. They can take their time, the fans sure are… #presidentscup

OUT! Asad Ali strikes first ball! Ahmed Shehzad is dismissed LBW for a first-ball duck! 5/1 after 1.1 overs #presidentscup

The match is being broadcast.

A reminder that requesting and sharing streams on PakPassion is not allowed.

Asad Shafiq is BOWLED for 0! That's a Huge Huge Blow! Samiullah Khan strikes again! HBL are 11/3 after 6.2 overs. #presidentscup #cricket

It was only a matter of time before a "Sui Gas pressure" pun was made. HBL 18/3 after 8 overs. #presidentscup #cricket

Love seeing both Misbah-ul-Haq and the youngster Umar Akmal running neck-to-neck to the boundary to field the ball. #presidentscup #cricket

Samiullah Khan appeals for LBW but the umpire disagrees. HBL 18/3 after 9 overs. #presidentscup

I was hoping asad shafiq and ahmad shehzad do good against this good pace attack of misbah's team. Not to be

Hasan Raza is BOWLED for 6! Asad Ali picks up his second! HBL are falling apart here! 22/4 after 9.5 overs. #cricket #presidentscup

HBL are 22/4 after 10 overs. Younis Khan 2* off 20 balls and Shahid Afridi 0* off 1 ball. This will be interesting…..#presidentscup #cricket

BANG for 4 by Shahid Afridi! Will he counter-attack with HBL struggling? Does he know any other way? #presidentscup #cricket

So Afridi trying to send a message to Ijaz Butt?

Hit high in the air by Shahid Afridi but it lands safe! Younis Khan and he run a double and HBL reach 30/4 after 12 overs. #presidentscup

13 overs have been bowled, runs hard to come by for HBL in this semi-final. 31/4. #presidentscup #cricket

Another maiden over out in the middle. HBL 31/4 after 14 overs. Younis Khan 9 off 35. Shahid Afridi 6 off 10. #presidentscup #cricket

Afridi is 51 runs away from reaching the 10000 runs milestone, will he get there today?

1 run off that over. HBL 32/4 after 15. Younis Khan 9 off 41. Shahid Afridi 7 off 16. #presidentscup #cricket

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! That's the third boundary in the over by Shahid Afridi! HBL 44/4 after 15.3 overs. #presidentscup #cricket

Misbah-ul-Haq brings on Yasir Shah to bowl. A leg-spinner vs. Shahid Afridi. Smart or miscalculation? #presidentscup #cricket

Not the prettiest shot but a FOUR by Shahid Afridi brings up HBL's half century! 53/4 after 17 overs. #cricket #presidentscup

Shahid Afridi does what Shahid Afridi does and is caught OUT by the fielder! Not what HBL needed. 54/5 after 17.2 overs. #presidentscup

Is Younis Khan OUT? He goes for his trademark sweep and we're going to the third umpire for a possible stumping! #presidentscup #cricket

Is it all over for HBL in this semi-final? Younis Khan dismissed for 19! 63/6 after 19 overs. #presidentscup #cricket

shehzad should not b selected for ODI's ....... he is very inconsistent
afridi as usual bakwass

I think in Samiullah Niazi Pakistan wasted a very good work horse would have been an ideal foil for the Akhtar's and the Asif's. Was never given a proper chance. Ok pace nips it both ways and gets some extra bounce and remarkably accurate

20 overs have passed in this semi-final. After the first ball went for FOUR, dot balls the rest of the way HBL 67/6. #presidentscup #cricket

I think we are already in England,,:)

Perhaps they have prepared an English type of pitch ..

Why they started the match so early in the morning....There must be some moisture and freshness in the pitch...

I am hearing next game starts at 9:30 ....Match should begin at 10 i believe...

Why they started the match so early in the morning....There must be some moisture and freshness in the pitch...

I am hearing next game starts at 9:30 ....Match should begin at 10 i believe...

because GEO didnt want it to clash with their IPL broadcast.

It seems all over for HBL. Good bowling by bilawal bhatti and Asad Ali

ZTBL will win it
:))
flyinglessons.jpg

True..Afridi can only stay in the ODI side if he bowls well which he hasn't done for last like 13 months..

yes only his bowling was keeping him in side for last 3 years .. now its time for bye bye

2 overs 19 runs,Ehsan adil,is he the best thing to have happen after slice bread,that too against Muhammad Hafeez?
in my view Asad Ali is miles ahead of Ehsan adil,if we keep the age variable constant.

because GEO didnt want it to clash with their IPL broadcast.

Hmm..that makes sense... but many of us are not going to watch tamasha league but are viewing this match....:))

Nowhere a game starts at 8:30 morning in the the world when sun sets at 7 o' clock...You can easily play till 5:30-6:00 evening with white cricket ball...

Misbah leading his team really well once again.

huge roar by crowd wen umar akmal came out to bat :umarakmal

After than forward defensive , umar is looking ordinary. He is certainly out of form and all the confidence is gone.

nice slap by :umarakmal to afridi to finish the match
SGNPL in finals well done :misbah

Shahzad and umar seem to be good buddies.

Lol Shehzad was almost going to make Umar fall on the ground as a result of his shoulder riding..:))

Nice to see Younis also having a word with Azhar and Umar...

And i watched Umar,he looked tentative and undecided early on....I think he has been told to cutail his shots and be more watchful,,In the meantime he looks undecided about which way to go...clearly you could notice lack of confidence in him.......But i think this is for what domestic cricket is....you can improve and adjust ,playing in domestic cricket ..

so was this a 50 over match or a T20. afridi really should have led the team out of trouble. farhat was disappointing and asad was amazing. hope umar gets some of his confidence back.

Pathetic stuff from HBL so many international players like Afridi,Shafiq and Younus yet they didn't even get to 111 on a Flat Track.

Lol Shehzad was almost going to make Umar fall on the ground as a result of his shoulder riding..:))

Nice to see Younis also having a word with Azhar and Umar...

And i watched Umar,he looked tentative and undecided early on....I think he has been told to cutail his shots and be more watchful,,In the meantime he looks undecided about which way to go...clearly you could notice lack of confidence in him.......But i think this is for what domestic cricket is....you can improve and adjust ,playing in domestic cricket ..

The confused look on his face said a lot , he certainly is lacking confidence and form. Ax from the national team and consistent failures in the domestic can cause all this. Let's hope he scores big in the Final.

HBL v SNGPL | President's Cup One-Day Tournament | Karachi | 16/4/13 | 1st Semi

Here is a summary of the first Semi Final which took place today:

First Semi Final
April 16, 2013
Played at National Stadium, Karachi

Habib Bank 111 in 35.1 overs (Imran Farhat 9, Ahmed Shahzad 0, Younis Khan 19, 52 balls, 2 x4s, Asad Shafiq 0, Hasan Raza 6, Shahid Afridi 26, 27 balls, 5 x4s, Humayun Farhat 8, Abdur Rehman 26, 43 balls, 2 x4s, 1 x6s, Samiullah Niazi 2-17, Asad Ali 2-21, Bilawal Bhatti 3-31, Yasir 2-27, Mohammad Hafeez 1-14)

Sui Northern Gas Pipeline 113-2 in 23.5 overs (Mohammad Hafeez 62, 70 balls, 9 x4s, 1 x6s, Taufiq Umar 23, 39 balls, 1 x4s, Azhar Ali 13*, 21 balls, 2 x4s, Umar Akmal 12*, 13 balls, 3 x4s, Abdur Rehman 1-39, Shahid Afridi 1-29)

Result: SNGPL won by eight wickets.
Toss: SNGPL
Umpires: Riazuddin and Zameer Haider
TV Umpires: Saleem Badar
Reserve Umpire: Khalid Mahmood Sr.
Referee: Ilyas Khan
Scorer: Muhammad Ahsan
Press Scorer: Salman Siddiqui

Last edited by a moderator:
NBP/WAPDA have got a major disadvantage as they have 24 hours in which they play semi and final. POOR scheduling by PCB.NBP will win the whole competition as they have an exciting blend of youth and experience.Samiullah and Asad are a lethal new ball pairing.Surely 1 of them has to be in CT squad.I liked Yasir Shah's performance today as he won the battle of the allrounders against Afridi!

YK fails again in a pressure semi final!He hates playing in them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back