"I fully expect players to be fit, robust and strong and being able to represent Pakistan": Jason Gillespie

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Jason Gillespie making the right noises at start of his stint

"I am excited to work with the Pakistan cricket team and will also travel to Australia with the Shaheens"

"The Pakistan cricket team is very talented, but the lack of consistency in performances is the main problem. We will see how we can bring continuity and consistency in performances"

"If a player is good for the team, he will definitely be selected. I’m in contact with Gary Kirsten [Pakistan’s white-ball coach] for players’ workload management"

"My focus is red-ball cricket. I will also travel to Australia with the Shaheens and watch their players. I have talked with Geoff Lawson [Former Pakistan coach] and Shaun Tait [Pakistan’s former bowling coach] about the Pakistan cricket team,

"For me, the goal is to see how we play against quality sides"

I like what he is saying. Should make fitness test requirement for being considered for squad selection.

Cant argue with Dizzy.

Once your playing at the domestic level your fitness levels should be peak to represent Pakistan.

However Dizzy will learn very quickly that the PCB doesn't run in a professional manner as well as the domestic system, coaches and setup etc.

The coaches at domestic level need to implement the style that Dizzy wants with the National setup so players are ready to step up when and if required.

For that communication is required from all parties but the PCB is renowned for the opposite.

There is a good bunch of core of test players to work with like ABD, Saud, Abrar, Aamir Jamal etc alongside the more established players.

We need a core of fast bowlers like Hasnain, Ihsanullah, Zeeshan Zameer etc back from injuries bowling quick as Shaheen and Naseem cant play all 3 formats without a break.

The T20 format should be the format to rest the key players and bring in the newbies.

Stop the talking and start acting. Majority of the players are unfit, lets see if he can deliver and not just talk.

If the team management and selectors give him a free hand, he can make Pakistan the king of red-ball cricket. It's clear from his words that he has come with a positive mindset.
Even if he ends up being an incredible coach, I don't think he can do anything about the decrepit state of our system...which is at the center of all of our problems

Stop the talking and start acting. Majority of the players are unfit, lets see if he can deliver and not just talk.
What's he to deliver? Deliver children who can become cricketers?

His message is clear, the onus is on the players to have some self respect and start acting on their fitness rather than accept every free nihari coming their way.

In a battlefield it's not the major's job to teach the soldiers how to fire a gun, It's not an international cricket team coach's job to train cricketers to get fitter. Hope these paindoos wake up!

It's the absolute bare minimum for every professional sports team in the world but in Pakistan this is groundbreaking... what have we come to

Gillespie basically K.O alot of players with that standard, let see if he is given the authority as Nqavi is planning to get some leeches on board

Dizzy is in lala land if he's thinking he's going to be finding or seeing fully fit and astute professionals in Pakistan.

Azam Khan ticks all the requirements perfectly.

As Fit as a Kong.
As Robust as a Rock.
As Strong as Steel.

Test cricket will have a new lease of life when such rare talents are given a chance.

If an overweight Rishabh Pant can run rampant in Test cricket, the immensely talanted Azam will do much better.
:inti

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you need to tell professional sportsman this, does playing for Pakistan mean that little that they cant work it out for themselves.

Cant argue with Dizzy.

Once your playing at the domestic level your fitness levels should be peak to represent Pakistan.

However Dizzy will learn very quickly that the PCB doesn't run in a professional manner as well as the domestic system, coaches and setup etc.

The coaches at domestic level need to implement the style that Dizzy wants with the National setup so players are ready to step up when and if required.

For that communication is required from all parties but the PCB is renowned for the opposite.

There is a good bunch of core of test players to work with like ABD, Saud, Abrar, Aamir Jamal etc alongside the more established players.

We need a core of fast bowlers like Hasnain, Ihsanullah, Zeeshan Zameer etc back from injuries bowling quick as Shaheen and Naseem cant play all 3 formats without a break.

The T20 format should be the format to rest the key players and bring in the newbies.

Your last line re T20....nail on head.

But for our 'superstars' its the other way around. They will hungrily be eyeing the Zim series.

What a hardworking coach, already jet-setting to Australia to scout our players. Talk about an inconvenient trip. :D

No coach can fix our system as whole system is rotten to the core. Naqvi himself is not an honest person to do clean up.

Azam Khan ticks all the requirements perfectly.

As Fit as a Kong.
As Robust as a Rock.
As Strong as Steel.

Test cricket will have a new lease of life when such rare talents are given a chance.

If an overweight Rishabh Pant can run rampant in Test cricket, the immensely talanted Azam will do much better.
Good idea actually. I say make Azam Khan play all 7 tests this season. Pakistan will loose against England anyway, hey at least Azam Khan will break down and our mental torture will end forever. No pain, no gain.

No coach can fix our system as whole system is rotten to the core. Naqvi himself is not an honest person to do clean up.
I am just wondering when Naqvi said surgery, if he was referring to hair transplant surgery. I notice hairline receding for some players.

Good idea actually. I say make Azam Khan play all 7 tests this season. Pakistan will loose against England anyway, hey at least Azam Khan will break down and our mental torture will end forever. No pain, no gain.
Nope, what will really happen is that in the first test itself his knees will give up after 30-35 overs of fielding/keeping, he'll retire hurt and we'll play the remaining 4.5 days with 10 players.

Nope, what will really happen is that in the first test itself his knees will give up after 30-35 overs of fielding/keeping, he'll retire hurt and we'll play the remaining 4.5 days with 10 players.
As I was always maintained, Pakistan is better off with 10 players rather than Azam Khan is the XI.

I recommend Gilly learn the Serenity Prayer really well. A framed version should be given out to every Pakistani coach, along with their appointment letter.

Here, let me put it up in case Gilly is reading this forum:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

and Wisdom to know the difference

Gillespie is in for a rude awakening.

I think though besides Azam Khan's apparent nepotistic selection, our players just need to fine tune their diet and they should be fine. The likes of Imad, Azam, Iftikhar etc are not going to play for Pakistan going forward anyhow.

Our fans are dumb though. Just look at how everyone is clamoring for Sharjeel to return regardless of the fact that he looks like a 50 year old uncle playing professional cricket.

Our fans are dumb though.
It’s good to see you admitting this.

It is indeed ‘dumb’ to want to continue with guys striking at 120 in the powerplay in useless bilaterals and then 110 in Mega events.

It’s good to see you admitting this.

It is indeed ‘dumb’ to want to continue with guys striking at 120 in the powerplay in useless bilaterals and then 110 in Mega events.
It's also dumb to want a comeback for a fat has-been on the basis of some tullaybaazi on a couple of geriatric bowlers.

It's also dumb to want a comeback for a fat has-been on the basis of some tullaybaazi on a couple of geriatric bowlers.
No it’s not dumb.

You need a change. Insisting that you don’t is dumb. How stupid is it to argue that you don’t need a player like Sharjeel as your opener?

No it’s not dumb.

You need a change. Insisting that you don’t is dumb. How stupid is it to argue that you don’t need a player like Sharjeel as your opener?
Because he is not fit enough to play international cricket?

The solution is to find a player like Sharjeel in our domestic cricket, who is fit and hungry to play for Pakistan.

The solution is to find a player like Sharjeel in our domestic cricket, who is fit and hungry to play for Pakistan.
How is he not fit enough? Who is fit enough??

So you admit that you need a player like Sharjeel…but not Sharjeel?! And you claim “our fans are dumb”. What’s with the consistent waffling?

So you admit that you need a player like Sharjeel…but not Sharjeel?! And you claim “our fans are dumb”. What’s with the consistent waffling?
Our fans are dumb in wanting an unfit has-been back, but a player like Sharjeel who is not fat and has the hunger to play for Pakistan is the utmost priority for the our team.

Our fans are dumb in wanting an unfit has-been back, but a player like Sharjeel who is not fat and has the hunger to play for Pakistan is the utmost priority for the our team.

First you use the argument of, “there are no Gayles and Warners in our domestic who can take the place of Babar and Rizwan”

Then you shift the goal posts by arguing, “we need a player like Sharjeel but not Sharjeel because he is unfit”

Name a Pakistan XI right now for T20 (because those arguing for Sharjeel have stuck to T20 mainly) that should represent Pakistan going forward?

Let's not forget that brother Inzi was also bulky at one point of time and was popularly called as aloo by friends and foes with a lot of love. Inspite of his size, he still aced all formats played at that time.

First you use the argument of, “there are no Gayles and Warners in our domestic who can take the place of Babar and Rizwan”

Then you shift the goal posts by arguing, “we need a player like Sharjeel but not Sharjeel because he is unfit”

Name a Pakistan XI right now for T20 (because those arguing for Sharjeel have stuck to T20 mainly) that should represent Pakistan going forward?
Stop diverting the narrative.

Pakistan team is not the place to 'hide' someone in the field, regardless of what strike rate they can play at.

There are no Gayles and Warners in our domestic, that's 200% true. We don't have that kind of player unfortunately and it's up to the players in our domestic cricket that they take the responsibility of doing what they can, to adjust to modern T20 cricket so that the likes of Babar and Rizwan do not open anymore in the name of consistency.

Stop diverting the narrative.

Pakistan team is not the place to 'hide' someone in the field, regardless of what strike rate they can play at.

There are no Gayles and Warners in our domestic, that's 200% true. We don't have that kind of player unfortunately and it's up to the players in our domestic cricket that they take the responsibility of doing what they can, to adjust to modern T20 cricket so that the likes of Babar and Rizwan do not open anymore in the name of consistency.

Name your XI going forward.

Let's not forget that brother Inzi was also bulky at one point of time and was popularly called as aloo by friends and foes with a lot of love. Inspite of his size, he still aced all formats played at that time.
120 Test matches

Gun slip fielder too. Marathon batting innings. You can’t take the cricketer out of someone born to play this game.

Pakistan red ball coach, Jason Gillespie having an interaction with players.

Name your XI going forward.
The SNGPL 11 ofcourse

1) Babar
2) Rizwan (C)(WK)
3) Hasebullah
4) Chacha (Time to utilise him correctly as injustice has been done to him according to some)
5) Irfan Khan Niazi
6) Fakhar Zaman (He is a power hitter and according to the School of Misbah is best utilised lower down the order to smash sixes in t20 as obviously we need to stabilise the innings)
7) Muhammad Nawaz (Way better then Imad, Remember his Indian innings, not the one where he gave away 20 in the last over the 42 of 20)
8) Waseem Jnr
9) Shaheen Shah Afridi
10) Shahnawaz Dhani/Naseem Shah
11) Abrar

^^ This is the 11 Major and all Misbah fans want. The ultimate t20 SNGPL 11.

The SNGPL 11 ofcourse

1) Babar
2) Rizwan (C)(WK)
3) Hasebullah
4) Chacha (Time to utilise him correctly as injustice has been done to him according to some)
5) Irfan Khan Niazi
6) Fakhar Zaman (He is a power hitter and according to the School of Misbah is best utilised lower down the order to smash sixes in t20 as obviously we need to stabilise the innings)
7) Muhammad Nawaz (Way better then Imad, Remember his Indian innings, not the one where he gave away 20 in the last over the 42 of 20)
8) Waseem Jnr
9) Shaheen Shah Afridi
10) Shahnawaz Dhani/Naseem Shah
11) Abrar

^^ This is the 11 Major and all Misbah fans want. The ultimate t20 SNGPL 11.
@Usman Chadda you want us to make assumptions about your cricketing views considering you think others are dumb?

Why don’t you name your XI like I asked you to do?

@Usman Chadda you want us to make assumptions about your cricketing views considering you think others are dumb?

Why don’t you name your XI like I asked you to do?
I checked SNGPL team, The team is so trash. All bad players in whiteball have originated from this unit,

Asad shafiq, Hasebullah, Rizwan, Irfan Khan Niazi, Chacha, Bilawal Bhatti, Dhani, Yasir Shah and God knows who else.

I checked SNGPL team, The team is so trash. All bad players in whiteball have originated from this unit,

Asad shafiq, Hasebullah, Rizwan, Irfan Khan Niazi, Chacha, Bilawal Bhatti, Dhani, Yasir Shah and God knows who else.
But they are shoved down our throats as if they are the England post 2016 white ball revolution players by a certain section of fans. The same type who like to call others dumb for wanting proper white ball openers for the national side.

But they are shoved down our throats as if they are the England post 2016 white ball revolution players by a certain section of fans. The same type who like to call others dumb for wanting proper white ball openers for the national side.
Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Ehsan Adil all come from here.

In 2013 right before the CT, Imran Fathat also played for this team as an opener with Misbah being the captain. Now his selection makes perfect Sense for ct 2013.

I was wondering where this moron even came from, getting selected out of the blue after being out of the team since 2009.

Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Ehsan Adil all come from here.

In 2013 right before the CT, Imran Fathat also played for this team as an opener with Misbah being the captain. Now his selection makes perfect Sense for ct 2013.

I was wondering where this moron even came from, getting selected out of the blue after being out of the team since 2009.
It’s good that you are doing a deep down dive into this and exposing this conflict of interest which has been a huge reason to why Pakistan never progressed as a white ball cricket nation since Misbah coming into power as a captain and then a coach

Sickening that fans want players to play at blazing SR.of 140+ yet having questionable fitness , this cannot work in parallel

Sickening that fans want players to play at blazing SR.of 140+ yet having questionable fitness , this cannot work in parallel
What’s sickening? The 110 strike rate as T20 openers in Mega events isn’t sickening to you?

It’s good that you are doing a deep down dive into this and exposing this conflict of interest which has been a huge reason to why Pakistan never progressed as a white ball cricket nation since Misbah coming into power as a captain and then a coach
I've observed some noticeable things about misbah as well.

- Sohaib Maqsood made his debut, Scored 2 back to back half centuries against an atg sa bowling line up and maintained consistent performance against top sides including an unbeaten 89 at 3 or 4.

He soon had a dip in form, so what did he do? Did he help improve maqsood and give him coaching and try to work on his weaknesses so that he can become more consistent for pakistan?

Nope, He shoved Maqsood at 6 and 7 where he consistently failed and then discarded him.

- Kamran Akmal in the new era started scoring more and more and upped his average as new PP rules and batting era became easier, and ny 2011 he became a pretty good opener, We saw by 2019 even at an old age he was the best psl opener.

However after 2011 at the beginning of 2012 he had a bit of a dip. Now does Misbah act like a good captain and encourage Kamran?

Naw he plays him at no 7 in the Indian series.

- Fakhar Zaman showcases talent to be a generational opener, the first since saeed Anwar. However he's inconsistent.

Now sarfraz kept playing him as an opener in all formats regardless. All interviews have him praising fakhar and making it clear he won't let any negative press reach fakhar.

Misbah outright tells fakhar you're best at no 4 or 5 and outright calls him an utter failure of an opener.

Wow what a great coach we have, Amazing encouragement.

Now here's the interesting thing.

Maqsood's replacement was Asad Shafiq.

Kamran Akmal's replacement was Nasir Jamshed.

And Fakhar's replacement was rizwan.

^^ All 3 had 4 things in common.

A) They were all failures who had been dropped never to be seen again until Misbah came.

B) They all replaced Impact players.

C) They all repeated the habit of Failing a million games, but getting soft scores in meaningless series( excluding asad) and failing and flopping on the big stage.

D) They all came from SNGPL

What’s sickening? The 110 strike rate as T20 openers in Mega events isn’t sickening to you?
Yes 110 SR is not ideal for T20 opener , but players with poor fitness should be discouraged

Sharjeel is not huffing and puffing in the field? Or while batting?

Yes he's not an anorexic stick like babar but you don't need to be a muscular 6 pack brock lesnar to play cricket either.

Rohit sharma has been chubby for years, he's way way chubbier then sharjeel, and it was while he was chubby a few years ago where he was at his best scoring 258 lol.

Azam Khan is a different case. Azam khan is completely obese, Can't run, can't compete fitness tests, doesn't have reactions.

That's not the case with sharjeel or rohit. Sharjeel in terms of bat speed and reactions is miles superior to babar and rizwan considering Ihsanullah 150kph doesn't bother him.

Infact againat England, it seems 110kph bothers him more. He enjoys lacing pace, And if a player enjoys that, then you automatically need to have high bat speed if that's your main fortei.

Edit: I just realised, Babar was a stick in 2016. I for some reason was thinking of 2016 babar. Current babar is a teddy bear🤣🤣. Forgive me for my mistake.

So are you happy with babar being removed from the team?
I will be happy with Babar being removed from the team for a superior player and not for some TTF who was picked and dropped like a route bus

Sharjeel is not huffing and puffing in the field? Or while batting?

Yes he's not an anorexic stick like babar but you don't need to be a muscular 6 pack brock lesnar to play cricket either.

Rohit sharma has been chubby for years, he's way way chubbier then sharjeel, and it was while he was chubby a few years ago where he was at his best scoring 258 lol.

Azam Khan is a different case. Azam khan is completely obese, Can't run, can't compete fitness tests, doesn't have reactions.

That's not the case with sharjeel or rohit. Sharjeel in terms of bat speed and reactions is miles superior to babar and rizwan considering Ihsanullah 150kph doesn't bother him.

Infact againat England, it seems 110kph bothers him more. He enjoys lacing pace, And if a player enjoys that, then you automatically need to have high bat speed if that's your main fortei.

Edit: I just realised, Babar was a stick in 2016. I for some reason was thinking of 2016 babar. Current babar is a teddy bear🤣🤣. Forgive me for my mistake.
21 matches are.enough , Sharjeel.case is closed add to it he has tainted reputation good that Gillespie has already shown his intentions Say No to unfit and players with dubious reputation

I will be happy with Babar being removed from the team for a superior player and not for some TTF who was picked and dropped like a route bus
You said players with poor fitness, does babar not fall into the category?

This was the last thing I wanted to hear in my life. A comparison of Azam Khan & Inzi. 🤦

You said players with poor fitness, does babar not fall into the category?
You seem to have some vendetta against Babar , if he has poor fitness Gillespie will drop him simple as that what do you say about Imad SSA and iftikhar fitness

You seem to have some vendetta against Babar , if he has poor fitness Gillespie will drop him simple as that what do you say about Imad SSA and iftikhar fitness
Right? Did they drop azam?

Their is no vendetta, you're blind as a bat if you can't see his babar's tummy that's looks like someone inflated a baloon inside his belly

Right? Did they drop azam?

Their is no vendetta, you're blind as a bat if you can't see his babar's tummy that's looks like someone inflated a baloon inside his belly
Hopefully Gillespie will remove him from the team and Pakistan goes on to win CT, WTC and next 50 over WC with Sharjeel Khan being the MOM in every game

Hopefully Gillespie will remove him from the team and Pakistan goes on to win CT, WTC and next 50 over WC with Sharjeel Khan being the MOM in every game
Don't worry, hopefully we'll see Rizwan and babar end on the list of the greatest pakistani batters of all time

Rn one of my worries is Abdullah shafiq and Saud Shakeel being a part of SNGPL. Saud isn't a regular he only played recently.

Abdullah is mighty talented and can become a proper odi opener for pakistan however atm he's simply a right handed imam and SNGPL ain't doing him any favours

And saud sometimes bats at 6 or 7 at SNGPL lol. They ain't doing him any favours either.

Lol at Saud batting at 6 and Hasebullah batting at 3

Your last line re T20....nail on head.

But for our 'superstars' its the other way around. They will hungrily be eyeing the Zim series.
Thanks bro.

Hopefully Kirsten and co will insist that the new players are given an opportunity in the T20 format.

Why there are so much talk about sharjeel khan in most of thread.

For god sake he had scored against retired 120 km/p Bowlers

He is not even fit . so just move on and bring better future player's.

Back