ICC Awards 2021 - A year to remember for Pakistan!

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quite a year for Pakistan Men's cricket:<br><br>8 players named in the ICC Teams of the Year.<br><br>Babar Azam - ODI Player of the Year.<br><br>Mohammad Rizwan - T20I Player of the Year.<br><br>Shaheen Shah Afridi - ICC Player of the Year<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1485549093690777600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 24, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last time we felt like this was after we won CT17!

Fatima sana aswell for emerging

I am waiting for spirit of cricket award, hope Babar azams team win it for the namibia dressing room visit

Fatima sana aswell for emerging

I am waiting for spirit of cricket award, hope Babar azams team win it for the namibia dressing room visit

Maybe it will be Riswan? for giving Kohli a much needed hug among the tensions etc

Credit to Misbah aswell for the work he put in on these guys.

The Rizwan transformation, making Shaheen play every game and bringing back Fakhar in. This is his fine work being shown

Babar is a class act himself though

Of course not to forget Fatima Sana for winning the ICC Women's Emerging Player of the Year award.

Will all the awards flying around for Pakistani players, you would think that we won 3 World Cups and achieved number 1 ranking in Test cricket.

Pakistan achieved nothing in 2021. Started the year with a whitewash in New Zealand and did nothing other than beating weak teams at home.

They didn’t uproot any trees in the WT20 either. It was a complete bottle job in the semifinal and the only reason they got there in the first place was because they got lucky with the toss.

Will all the awards flying around for Pakistani players, you would think that we won 3 World Cups and achieved number 1 ranking in Test cricket.

Pakistan achieved nothing in 2021. Started the year with a whitewash in New Zealand and did nothing other than beating weak teams at home.

They didn’t uproot any trees in the WT20 either. It was a complete bottle job in the semifinal and the only reason they got there in the first place was because they got lucky with the toss.

Not the right place for this.

The team that usually wins icc award last time won a world cup in 2011...

You yourself admit shaheen and rizwans and babar are good players and they have performance to back with. Thus, you cant doubt on the award merit.

Semifinal was bottled by the captain yes, but pakistan was the only team(inna test member vs test member match) that lost the toss and gave up a nail biting fight.

The SA team we defeated was.pretty much same as the one india was whitewahed too.

Think the word you are looking for is "shabaash" - try saying it bro, its therapeutic in many ways.

Hopefully [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] has a few spare minutes today at work so he can have a lie down somewhere and recover from this news.

For Pakistan cricket this is, of course, a fantastic day. :)

Peshawar Zalmai Chairman Javed Afridi announces a special award for Fatima Sana.

You are never happy are you? Whinge whinge whinge like a broken record.

This is not about what Pakistan achieved as a team but individual performances.

Peshawar Zalmai Chairman Javed Afridi announces a special award for Fatima Sana.

Respect for javed afridi!!

The men will make their money, but female cricketers dont get their due recognition.

This is highly appreciable of javed afridi giving a special award with more recognition to her

Brilliant for Pak, and hopefully this lays the foundations for a bit of consistency and professionalism going forward across the whole team, Riz Babar and shaheen are still youngish so if we can unearth a few more talented players to accompany them we can definitely have another crack at challenging the top 3 (India, Aus, NZ)

when was the last time india won a world cup or world test championship yet they are being labeled best side ever to grace the game, have a day off mate :))

Not the right place for this.

The team that usually wins icc award last time won a world cup in 2011...

You yourself admit shaheen and rizwans and babar are good players and they have performance to back with. Thus, you cant doubt on the award merit.

Semifinal was bottled by the captain yes, but pakistan was the only team(inna test member vs test member match) that lost the toss and gave up a nail biting fight.

The SA team we defeated was.pretty much same as the one india was whitewahed too.

Funny how after India was whitewashed by SA in ODI and aou dlt beaten in Test series Mamoon could not get enough courage to repeat his meanigless dialogue " India deserve this humiliation". For the India fans I'm not saying that this is what needs to be said, just using the point to illustrate his bitterness toward Pakistan.

We were told no talent exists in Pakistan and there are no world class players, and our stars cannot hold candle to stars of other countries.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to our cricket stars. You have made us proud. <a href="https://t.co/M2phySIItZ">pic.twitter.com/M2phySIItZ</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1485603692061597701?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 24, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The troll resurfaces! Pakistan could have won every tournament in 2021 and you would come out with a post that it means nothing because of x,y,z. Get a life.

I must admit you are very good at trolling, for the people that fall for it they need to know better.

Most of the stuff this guy says gets disproven "pakistan has no talent" but 3 of our players are winning awards for being the best in the world. "India is an amazing team and can win any tournament with two reserve teams aswell", India just got humiliated in South Africa by their B team, not to forget their horrendous group stage exit at the WC.

Now lets win the U19 WC then the 20/20 WC later this year.

But I'd give all of these awards away in return for the T20 World Cup win.

Obviously all these developments are great for Pakistan cricket and for me the biggest happiness 2021 brought for me was getting rid of Misbah------------------- and appointment of RR as the PCB president .

But I'd give all of these awards away in return for the T20 World Cup win.

Absolutely, many congrats to the guys and (gal) who've won awards but just doesn't feel like we've done anything special from a team perspective.

I hope the award winners can inspire and propel the team to new heights in the coming year and beyond.

The important thing to takeaway from this year---which these awards reaffirm---is that Pakistan has finally found a handful of proper match-winners who can carry this team into the next decade.

Some are talented but still coming into their own, but others like Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Hasan and Fakhar are match-winners who can be relied on to win tough matches for Pakistan.

I know many are still disappointed that we couldn't win the T20 World Cup, despite these guys having banner years. I am too. But its important to consider the fact that for the first time in a long time we have a team nucleus comprising of world-class cricketers (some of whom are once-in-a-generation talents) who have the ability to do great things for Pakistan cricket. And that is something that should excite any Pakistani cricket fan.

Instead of focusing on what could have been, I feel it is much more important to concentrate on what could be.

Speak for yourself. We won a CT four years ago.

But did you have highly decorated players when you won it?

My point is these individual awards mean jack except for fans of those players, unless the team is actually winning. The only exception would be if there is a single bradmanesque player :sachin who is so far ahead of his teammates, it makes the games worth watching.

Congratulations to all three players, a big achievement indeed! The best part is all three of these players are young, form Pakistan cricket team's core and still have a long way to go in their careers. This is a highly positive indicator for coming times and silverware is going to come eventually in ICC tournies surely.

But did you have highly decorated players when you won it?

My point is these individual awards mean jack except for fans of those players, unless the team is actually winning. The only exception would be if there is a single bradmanesque player :sachin who is so far ahead of his teammates, it makes the games worth watching.

Strange explanation. Seems like you are trying to present your misguided notions as reality.

If anything, some of the greatest sporting victories (in any sport) tend to be underdog stories.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nasser Hussain "The way to improve The Hundred is with players. I'd love to see more Pakistan players come over. Their white-ball cricket has gone through the roof so get Babar Azam, Rizwan, Shaheen Afridi over, as the interest among British Asian community is growing" <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1486990023530618886?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back