ICL 1st Final | Lahore Badshahs v Hyderabad | 13/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Play due to start in just over 4 hours time.

A repeat of last time's final, but can the Badshahs go one better this time around.

I believe last time the Badshah's lost because they had such an easy, defeatless ride to the final and literally took the finals for granted. This time the Badshah's have had to really work hard and come back from a difficult couple of matches to the Final.

Plus i am sure the Badshah's should learn from the previous experience and be more determined to really finish the job this time. They need to work really hard and make sure they dont make crucial mistakes like wide's, no balls, free hits. Please drop Sami as well. He will only go for 35 plus runs in 4 overs with one lucky wicket.

Lol, i am looking forward to Rana's backing away from the stumps of the spinners and smashing huge sixes over long on, long off, straight, cover. I hope he has the brains and intelligence not to do that to the medium pacers though.

us pakistani's always prefer the rough ride, so it gives us more motivation to be efficient.

go badshaaaaaaaaaaah bhais - finish off the zeroes

I am looking forward to the duel of the day:

Mo YOUSUF v's Abdul Razzaq

should be a classic match

Last edited:
Found a link, so don't bother bhaiyon...
Heroes batting first, score 25/0 in 3

the heroes havent opened the batting with Razzaq last few matches. hoping for some fireworks near the end of the inns like the good old days.

Right now hyderabad look on track for a score of 180+, possibly 200+. LB's will have a tough time chasing that, especially with the pressure of the final.

Arshad bleeding from his finger after missing a ct & b chance. Will be bowl again? stay tuned

after saqlain gives a wide, comm says 'yeh hota hai pressure, ab unhe yeh gandi ball ke baad kaptan ki gandi nazar mili...

hilarious!

I like the hindi commentary. Some words I don't understand but they are inventive and funny. Much better than the same old English one.

12thMan said:
I like the hindi commentary. Some words I don't understand but they are inventive and funny. Much better than the same old English one.
yes, they sound genuinely enthusiastic and bubbly, and say some funny things. btw, even I dont understand some deep hindi words

razzaq, meanwhile, is aiming for his second man of series.

Last edited:
i don't know why inzi has picked arshad khan. he's such a bad spinner. in fact, razzaq just smashed him for six :p

ditto, y arshad khana and why suddenly in the finals, dostee yaaree could have been settled earlier

Razzaq's sizing sami up here, the next one might be going into the stands.

This tournament is evidently a tournament for has beens. Even Mohammad Sami has developed a pot belly. It truly is a sad sight. All the Lahore boys look well over weight.

I guess Mo Yo has gone after the money and soon will start to resemble Azhar Mahmood and Farhats wobbly frame.

Comical fielding from Mo Yo. Had ample time to run out razzaq but instead of throwing under arm from 10 feet he tried to hurl down the stumps and missed by a mile. Some things don't change. Lol

Sami bowling with pace so far, sud not curse him though, not letting razza hit easily but lets wait and see!

Dean Jones on Saqlain
"He has more toys than ToysRUs" hahahaha!

Razzaq handling the spinners Saqlain and Arshad comfortably. I guess that says a lot about Mr Saqlain.

I feel the Heroes losing their way here. They should be aiming for 200 but Maher is happy with singles and remaining not out.

Dhonifan said:
sad state of affairs
85,000 in stadium here, and 8500 for the tests
That was BCCI's fault for 5 day ticket only and stadium outside the city and no public transportation to the stadium. Even the people who would have gone on just weekends probably stayed at home because they don't want to pay for 5 days

Dhonifan said:
sad state of affairs
85,000 in stadium here, and 8500 for the tests

HOLD ON...i thought the stadium capacity is 70,000? Where did they get the additional 15,000?? And top tiers are empty....WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LIE ABOUT THE CROWD? EVEN DEAN JONES WAS SAYING THAT IT IS A SLIGHT EXAGGERATION!!!

Razzaq 50(31) not out.

Umpire Orchard has changed the ball in the middle of Azhar's over to the dismay of Inzi and Azhar( Who I am afraid to say has a look of guilt on his face).

maher now on par with 100% strike rate, will go on to hit further, not looking good for badshahs right now

Lets have a duel between DonJee and Dhonifan, i just like the names, no offence :)

DonJee said:
HOLD ON...i thought the stadium capacity is 70,000? Where did they get the additional 15,000?? And top tiers are empty....WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LIE ABOUT THE CROWD? EVEN DEAN JONES WAS SAYING THAT IT IS A SLIGHT EXAGGERATION!!!

they're saying crowd outside is as big, trying to get in by breaking doors or climbing walls...

Dhonifan said:
they're saying crowd outside is as big, trying to get in by breaking doors or climbing walls...

but the ground isn't even full...empty seat in several areas of the ground, you should see it to believe, there was a bigger crowd last sunday and it was only 53,000+ .... its clear they are lying !!!

12thMan said:
That was BCCI's fault for 5 day ticket only and stadium outside the city and no public transportation to the stadium. Even the people who would have gone on just weekends probably stayed at home because they don't want to pay for 5 days
is that so? hard to believe BCCi could be so dumb, but despite that there is no doubt now that 20/20 is ruining test cricket.

If the Badshahs can restrict the heroes to around 180 they have an even chance I reckon.

It seemed like Razzaq was going to be stumped and the Zee Hindi comms went Nuts. It was so funny and then they realised nothing happened.

Rana Naveds toupee/hair implant makes him look very different. Any way he has just dismissed Binny 153/3(17.3) " Mota edge accha catch"

Dhonifan said:

The other day they were claiming that there were 53,000 fans in the ground - when to the naked eye it appeared there were less than 5000 in the ground!

ICL - full of lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back