"If we had 10 overs from Shaheen and Shadab, six overs from Haris and some from Iftikhar then things could have been different": Mohammad Rizwan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Rizwan speaking in an interview with PCB:

"The idea behind warm-up matches is to look at where you need improvements and apply changes; If you look at this game versus New Zealand, we did do some experimentation and did things differently."

"We found some positives and also areas of improvements in this game."

"You have to play all 15 players, test your bench-strength and do some experiments."

"I agree that New Zealand chased 346 run-target but If we had 10 overs from Shaheen and Shadab, six overs from Haris and some from Iftikhar then things could have been different"

"We have a good bench, Hassan Ali's bowling also has been great, and when we talk about the bench, we had 3-4 players who got good runs."

"We have to improve in the fielding department where we have been doing well for a while; You have to understand that this was a warm-up game and we had changed fielding positions so players who had been fielding in certain positions for over a year were fielding elsewhere, so Shadab had been on point or covers but not in this game, so this had an effect and the fielding probably cost us this match too"

"We were worried about how things would be in India but had an idea that pitches are true for batting."

"As far as my innings is concerned, it does not matter if you score a hundred for your club, domestic team or Pakistan, you do feel very good about it, you feel satisfied, and this gives you confidence for your future games."

"We had no idea when Pakistan would play on Indian soil, then there is the added challenge of playing in a World Cup, we also had some other issues and difficulties as well in this regard."

"But to come to India, to perform well and play for your county, and to see your county's name being recognized does make you emotional and is a special feeling."

"Even the Indians we meet outside India give us a lot of love; We see the same love in Indian hearts for us that we experience in Pakistan supporters; Things maybe different in the outwards sense but things are not the same on the ground."

"If you see how we were greeted when we arrived and came out of the airport and heard the roar outside, we felt as if we had returned to Karachi or Lahore after winning the World Cup."

"I spoke to our players about it, and some said that they were getting goosebumps when they saw how they were being welcomed in India, which is something we will remember forever, and we hope that we will give even more love to the Indian team when they come to Pakistan."

Last edited:
Not only is Rizwan insulting his own bowlers like Wasim jnr, Usama Mir, Hasan Ali but also he is being defiant and refusing to admit that the team needs to improve to show better results.

Does he even understand that NZ didn't bowl Trent Boult, Southee isn't there yet, they opened with Ravindra and used Glenn Phillips as an opening bowler. Daryll Mitchell was bowling the 47th over!

These are the kind of statements that convince me that this team will never do well. They just don't want to.

Not only is Rizwan insulting his own bowlers like Wasim jnr, Usama Mir, Hasan Ali but also he is being defiant and refusing to admit that the team needs to improve to show better results.

Does he even understand that NZ didn't bowl Trent Boult, Southee isn't there yet, they opened with Ravindra and used Glenn Phillips as an opening bowler. Daryll Mitchell was bowling the 47th over!

These are the kind of statements that convince me that this team will never do well. They just don't want to.
Category A belief

Category A needs this psychology

He mentioned need for improvement many times.

Can’t wait for this guy to get his inner desire of being Pakistan captain fulfilled

This interview just tells you that Rizwan cannot be made captain after the World Cup.

If NZ were playing with 11 debutants in that warm up game, Rizwan would still come up with an excuse for the loss.

He mentioned need for improvement many times.
Its funny that he said they need to play out 15 players and also do experimentation. Its so hilarious. They played literally the same XI for almost 2 years if not more even against teams like Nepal and on the eve of the world cup in the warm up matches they want to test and experiment. Even in the warm up match Babar abd Rizwan play out about 178 balls out of 300. Whilst all other teams were trying out different team combinations and giving exposure to youngsters Pakistan management was more bothered about personal ranking and team rankings. Would Babar have rested if he required about 20 runs to become world no. 1 ranking batsman?

Everyone was screaming last about how weak the middle order was with Asif Ali, Kushdil and Haider in t20 WC last year but it fell in deaf ears. This time many were pointing out that the bench was not given enough opportunities but it went unheeded and now with just the absense of one player there is utter chaos. His mentioning of improvement a zillion times with no actions taken is just lip service.

I mean i don't get what rizwan is trying to say here? New Zealand beat us with part time bowlers and their batsmen didn't take the game seriously at all.

They were retiring out at 50, and pretty much giving everyone a chance to tonk us.

Well said Rizwan.

What else is he expected to say after his first innings on Indian soil and that too a century in a warm up? It will do a world of good for his confidence!

What is more pathetic than anything else are his haters who mock his English!

Pakistan is supporting you Rizwan! I have no doubt you will do us proud!

🤍💚🇵🇰🤍💚

Well said Rizwan.

What else is he expected to say after his first innings on Indian soil and that too a century in a warm up? It will do a world of good for his confidence!

What is more pathetic than anything else are his haters who mock his English!

Pakistan is supporting you Rizwan! I have no doubt you will do us proud!

🤍💚🇵🇰🤍💚
In his previous match he scored around 80 against SL which means he made ample match practice and was in good knick. What world og good will it do to a batsman who is already doing well? Salman had a string low scores and Saud had not got much opportunities. Babar and Rizwan played around 178 balls. The middle order needs more game time as there may scenarios where Pakistan is 3 down and middle order may need to revive the innings. I dont understand whats teh use of in form batsmen spending most of the time in the middle. NZ could have continued with Kane and Daryll yesterday but they retired after 50 giving opportunity to others. What if the next warm-up is rained off? Then the middle order will go with less game time. Also Fakhar had a good opportunity to get back in form yesterday as NZ bowled mostly with their part-timers. Even a 50 would have done his confidence a world of good. Now Fakhar may play AUS in next warm-up where he may face Starc, Cummins, Hazzalewood and Zampa.

"If we had 10 overs from shaheen, 10 from Shadab, 6 from Haris amd some from Ift............". Not sure what to amke of this statement. The point of warm-up games is not about winning but some last minute ticking of checklists further to what prep they would have done coming to the WC. Pakistan consistently played with same team past 2 years and even in warm-up the top 4 played bulk of the innings. Pakistan may do well in the WC and even go on to win it but at this point their preparation for it has left a lot to desire.

In his previous match he scored around 80 against SL which means he made ample match practice and was in good knick. What world og good will it do to a batsman who is already doing well? Salman had a string low scores and Saud had not got much opportunities. Babar and Rizwan played around 178 balls. The middle order needs more game time as there may scenarios where Pakistan is 3 down and middle order may need to revive the innings. I dont understand whats teh use of in form batsmen spending most of the time in the middle. NZ could have continued with Kane and Daryll yesterday but they retired after 50 giving opportunity to others. What if the next warm-up is rained off? Then the middle order will go with less game time. Also Fakhar had a good opportunity to get back in form yesterday as NZ bowled mostly with their part-timers. Even a 50 would have done his confidence a world of good. Now Fakhar may play AUS in next warm-up where he may face Starc, Cummins, Hazzalewood and Zampa.

"If we had 10 overs from shaheen, 10 from Shadab, 6 from Haris amd some from Ift............". Not sure what to amke of this statement. The point of warm-up games is not about winning but some last minute ticking of checklists further to what prep they would have done coming to the WC. Pakistan consistently played with same team past 2 years and even in warm-up the top 4 played bulk of the innings. Pakistan may do well in the WC and even go on to win it but at this point their preparation for it has left a lot to desire.

Rizwan scored 80 odd against SL in the previous match, and you think he is in good knick? His 86* was his highest ODI score in 2023, and this includes a string of single digit scores. Look at Rizwan's ODI scores this year, because for you to suggest Rizwan is doing well in ODIs or is an inform ODI batsman is an overstatement.

As for Kane and Daryll retiring after 50, well has it occurred to you the majority of the NZ team have ample experience playing in India, and are just polishing off the dust, unlike any of Pakistan players?

Also, why didn't Ravindra retire on 50 to give a chance to the other NZ batsmen? I am guessing he, like Rizwan and Babar, and Saud, were all new to Indian conditions and wanted to spend as much time out on the crease to acclimatise themselves.

As for bowlers, yes, Shaheen should have been playing in the warm up, and Shadab should have bowled more overs, these two have zero experience in India and given they are the premier bowlers for Pakistan, it makes sense to have as much game time as possible to understand conditions, because like you said, what if it the next warm up is rained off?

It does not matter whether Pakistan played a team consistently, what matters are conditions, and Pakistan squad are registering their first stats on Indian soil compared to the majority of teams & players in this World Cup.

Though yes I would agree with you that Fakhar should have played 100% in the warm up, but am hoping he does play vs AUS warm up.

Most people would agree on Shaheen but not sure many would support Rizwan on this when he is talking about Shadab. He has been in pretty average form with the ball in recent months. I am not sure how much better he would have performed that Usama Mir who finished with 2/68 in his 10 overs.

Boult and Southee did not bowl for Kiwis either and Lockie Ferguson only bowled 4 overs.
Southee I believe was not with Squad. And Pakistan also not bowled Shaheen and Haris also bowled 4 overs. Goodish spinners on that pitch which NZ had were more valuable than Ferguson, who is these days going for lot of runs. Either way Pakistan bowling as trash currently bar Shaheen.

Oh and the key point:

The biggest game in the RR stage is Pakistan vs. India, and it is at the same ground, Ahmedabad, where Pakistan played their warmup vs New Zealand.

Rizwan is 100% spot on to suggest Shaheen should have played 10 overs, and Shadab more than what he bowled in the warm up.

These 2 bowlers will be crucial vs India match, every second of warm up exposure at Ahmedabad is vital, especially for Pakistan players whom before the warm up, had no experience of Indian conditions or pitches.

Rizwan can see this, those who understand the game understand this, but no, lets criticise Rizwan and his English skills because the haters are not interested in the nuances of the game or seeing Pakistan succeed.

Oh and the key point:

The biggest game in the RR stage is Pakistan vs. India, and it is at the same ground, Ahmedabad, where Pakistan played their warmup vs New Zealand.

Rizwan is 100% spot on to suggest Shaheen should have played 10 overs, and Shadab more than what he bowled in the warm up.

These 2 bowlers will be crucial vs India match, every second of warm up exposure at Ahmedabad is vital, especially for Pakistan players whom before the warm up, had no experience of Indian conditions or pitches.

Rizwan can see this, those who understand the game understand this, but no, lets criticise Rizwan and his English skills because the haters are not interested in the nuances of the game or seeing Pakistan succeed.

I believe Pak-NZ was played at Hyderabad, not at Ahmedabad

Oh and the key point:

Yeah some posters just love to criticize Rizwan that's it

I stand corrected.

But point still stands, Shaheen and Shadab will be crucial vs India, so they need every second of exposure on Indian pitches.

I agree that Shadab should have bowled
But I get why Shaheen was rested. He has some injury concerns, so there was no point in risking him for a warm-up match.
It was more important for Wasim and Hasan to bowl more overs, so we get to figure out which one of them to start with. It was also important for Mir to bowls because he is relatively untested as well

Can he answer why he selfishly carried on till his 100 please. And as a Brucie bonus get him to answer in English

Can he answer why he selfishly carried on till his 100 please. And as a Brucie bonus get him to answer in English
Its a good question.

Why dont you record it in pashto or even punjabi ( which he has picked up) and ask the mods to pass it on?

Look, Pakistan didn't perform well and were miserable in the asia cup?

But you know why Rizwan had to make such a statement.

Because the wrist slitter fans and media don't know what a warm up match is.

You want players to play with freedom? Then we need to reduce the hysteria and circus that surrounds their every move.

Perhaps because he has never batted in India and wickets were falling at regular intervals for others to get their turn. Next game others can also get more opportunity.
Oh the hero narrative - wickets falling at regular intervals and this wounded soldier did us all a massive favour and stayed in!

Except that’s not even true! The only wicket that fell when he was at the crease was Babar! I mean keep reaching (because it’s amusing) but sometimes be realistic

Look, Pakistan didn't perform well and were miserable in the asia cup?

But you know why Rizwan had to make such a statement.

Because the wrist slitter fans and media don't know what a warm up match is.

You want players to play with freedom? Then we need to reduce the hysteria and circus that surrounds their every move.
Oh ok - sorry guys, these guys are so sensitive that they will feel a lot of pressure if some randoms on a cricket forum criticise them

Otherwise they do have the ability to smash the ball to all parts you know!

Oh ok - sorry guys, these guys are so sensitive that they will feel a lot of pressure if some randoms on a cricket forum criticise them

Otherwise they do have the ability to smash the ball to all parts you know!
Its the overall cricketing culture.

Everything is life and death. Ultimately it results in players who are fearful and nervous because one failure and the knives will be out.

I dont support mocking his English skills.

But everyone knows he batted because he loves to be on the cricket pitch not because he was getting used to conditions.

Getting a 50 is an ample time to get used to conditions.

Going for a 100 means I am good at 4 and Saud better not displace me.

I mean he will also be playing the full warm up vs Australia at the same position and that will end claims that he was trying to get acclimatised.

Save the pedantry, you did mock his English speaking skills in your post above, and that is what I was refering to. Don't wriggle out of this one.

Since you are being pedantic, its not a gamble if the outcome is predetermined as the haters like you make it out.
Very sad and pathetic to inference, someone's lack of ability to speak English.

Anyway back to the topic. Rizwan is delusional. I fear a complete humiliation for Pak in this world cup. Maybe this is what is needed for the correct players to be selected

Grow up.

Criticise one's game but not his language speaking skills.

You have a great opportunity, as a hater, to absolutely mint it, by betting against Pakistan, and when you expect Pakistan to lose, you will never need to work again.

But you don't have the sand - simply put, you will never put your money where your mouth is.
I mean, I agree with the fact that he shouldn't have critised his English skills, but how are you any better for outright insulting him?

Look at the mirror before judging someone. You could have just told him in a respectful manner that making fun of someone's speaking skills is going to far.

Very sad and pathetic to inference, someone's lack of ability to speak English.

Anyway back to the topic. Rizwan is delusional. I fear a complete humiliation for Pak in this world cup. Maybe this is what is needed for the correct players to be selected

There is never a correct selection of players, that is unless a tournament is won - when all forgotten and forgiven by fans and selectors.

The 1992 selection was criticised, as was the 2009 team, as was the CT17 team.

There is never a correct selection of players, that is unless a tournament is won - when all forgotten and forgiven by fans and selectors.

Agrees somewhat, no one will be happy regardless of the selection,

However 1992, 2009 and 2017 weren't critisesed that much. I can't speak for 1992 and 2009 cause I wasn't born in 1992 and I was like barely 8 years old in 2009.

But for 2017 Cup, no one actually criticised the squad selection that much. The main critising was of Ahmed shezad opening and sarfraz's exact role I the team, alongside questions as to whether haris sohail, hafeez, Malik, and imad are correct for the middle order and azhar as the opener.

But no one questioned if they were good players or not, they questioned if these players are enough to win the cup or not, but these lads were the best 15 to take besides shezad lol.

This time the whole God damn universe is questioning the selection as unlike last time, Theirs clear nepotism involved, to the point that hafeez left the committee.

Babar threw zaman Khan under the bus for not performing to international standards yet praised the 2 worst spinners in the tournament shadab and nawaz like theirs no tmr, something that wasn't present in 2017 cup.

Whether you like it or not, the friendship 11 is a universal trope. Besides trolls in forums, no one in their right mind actually questioned haris sohail for the middle order, fakhar opening, amir bowling, etc etc, nor did anyone say sarfraz is pulling a friendship 11 or that sarfi was being nepotisitic in any regard.

Agrees somewhat, no one will be happy regardless of the selection,

However 1992, 2009 and 2017 weren't critisesed that much. I can't speak for 1992 and 2009 cause I wasn't born in 1992 and I was like barely 8 years old in 2009.

But for 2017 Cup, no one actually criticised the squad selection that much. The main critising was of Ahmed shezad opening and sarfraz's exact role I the team, alongside questions as to whether haris sohail, hafeez, Malik, and imad are correct for the middle order and azhar as the opener.

But no one questioned if they were good players or not, they questioned if these players are enough to win the cup or not, but these lads were the best 15 to take besides shezad lol.

This time the whole God damn universe is questioning the selection as unlike last time, Theirs clear nepotism involved, to the point that hafeez left the committee.

Babar threw zaman Khan under the bus for not performing to international standards yet praised the 2 worst spinners in the tournament shadab and nawaz like theirs no tmr, something that wasn't present in 2017 cup.

Whether you like it or not, the friendship 11 is a universal trope. Besides trolls in forums, no one in their right mind actually questioned haris sohail for the middle order, fakhar opening, amir bowling, etc etc, nor did anyone say sarfraz is pulling a friendship 11 or that sarfi was being nepotisitic in any regard.

2017 team was heavily criticised up to the point Pakistan turned it around vs SL.

There is nothing wrong with having a friendship 11 either. Look at the England squad, it is built around buddies. Also one of the reasons Hayles was excluded in the 2019 WC because he did not get on with Morgan (even after ECB concluded the Hayles fiasco). Stokes also picked his friendship 11 for the Ashes.

Dhoni is another captain who picked his best buddies. Ponting, Waugh, Clarke too.

The idea that a captain should not pick players he gets on with is ludicrous when history proves it's the friendship 11 that go on to win.

2017 team was heavily criticised up to the point Pakistan turned it around vs SL.

There is nothing wrong with having a friendship 11 either. Look at the England squad, it is built around buddies. Also one of the reasons Hayles was excluded in the 2019 WC because he did not get on with Morgan (even after ECB concluded the Hayles fiasco). Stokes also picked his friendship 11 for the Ashes.

Dhoni is another captain who picked his best buddies. Ponting, Waugh, Clarke too.

The idea that a captain should not pick players he gets on with is ludicrous when history proves it's the friendship 11 that go on to win.
The idea that a captain should not pick players he gets on with is ludicrous when history proves it's the friendship 11 that go on to win

Yes but they should not be terrible in their primary skill.

Oh wait till the official WC games start and I will be sure to tag you in when Pakistan win matches.

You must be a new supporter of Pakistan. Any Pakistan fan supporting the team for decades will know that a gutless performance - as you put it - is standard procedure and the plight of being a Pakistan fan.

Cmon.

The last time Pakistan won an ODI World Cup most of us were in diapers or not even born.

What makes you think this one ends differently?

Oh wait till the official WC games start and I will be sure to tag you in when Pakistan win matches.

You must be a new supporter of Pakistan. Any Pakistan fan supporting the team for decades will know that a gutless performance - as you put it - is standard procedure and the plight of being a Pakistan fan.

I’ve seen pathetic performances but gutless teams - 2013 CT, 2015 WC and this current team. Nothing in the past beaten this level of cowardice.

I’m a passionate Pakistani fan and I’m generally positive and will defend them but this team - they ain’t got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

England squad isn't built around buddies, Jason Roy and butler are best buddies but Butler straight up told the management to drop Roy due to his lack of fitness and form, something Roy hates and is heart broken about. Roy is sill a traveling reserve but the fact Butler booted him out hurts however both Roy and Butler acknowledge that their great friends regardless.

Morgan didn't build his squad around buddies, he quite literally had to turn the 2015 minnow squad around to a world beater in 2019, he did that by outright discarding all his buddies like Gary ballance who was a nepotitic lad and basically our version of Asad Shafiq at 3 lol.

Dhoni never picked his buddies besides yuvaraj and yuvi more then deserved to be in the team during his prime 2007 to 2009 years. Dhoni literally advocated dropping gautam ghambir, Sehwag, and so many other cricketers in 2012 after the embrassing loss from Pakistan in 2012, he outright changed the entire team and led CT 2013 to victory.

Pointing never picked his buddies either. What on earth are you even talking about?

The ct 2017 team was getting critisized cause we were a minnow no 8 squad so no one believed we could actually win and our team was undergoing a transition.

We had a new captain in sarfraz who people didn't know how'd he would Captain but no one critised sarfi as a bat after he impressed in 2015, everyone wanted him as our frontline keeper over the failure that is umar akmal.

Same way babar was shoved at no 3 and hafeez at no 4. No one doubted hafeez's bowling ability, they had questions of his batting but he clearly turned out to be an excellent bat at no 4 as he was horrible at the top order.

Lastly no one questioned our bowling, or haris sohail, or imad's inclusion.

Only malik was questioned. Hafeez, Babar were questioned for their batting order, not their skills.

Azhar was questioned for his sr, not his ability as a batter as he was pur best test bat at the time. Ahmed shezad was questioned but he was dropped anyway so who cares.

This time around, people are questioning fakhar's form, the fact that we have 2 slow accumulators at the top, the fact that our middle order is mon existent, the bowling besides shaheen and Rauf is horrifically weak, and rizwan at no 4 is a question mark as he doesn't have the six hitting Sr ability that hafeez had, rizwan ain't playing a CT 2017 knock like hafeez played lol.

In 2017 we had the best possible team selected, but our no 8 rank didn't inspire confidence.

In 2023, we don't have the best possible team selected. Abrar,saim ayub, sarfraz, tayyab, arshad iqbal, amir, imad waseem, these lads clearly deserve to be in the squad over horrible losers like nawaz and shadab lol.

2017 no one questioned any nepotism, in 2023 nepotism is all we talk about now.

Cmon.

The last time Pakistan won an ODI World Cup most of us were in diapers or not even born.

What makes you think this one ends differently?
On the contrary, I am saying nothing has changed in Pakistan cricket culture. The losses, the wins, the debacles, the infighting - none of it should be a shock or a surprise anymore. So all this next-gen level of criticism is actually pointless and frankly detrimental to the mindset.

I still remember the disappointment that was the 1987 WC, then 1992 changed that, 96 was another disappointment, and 1999 was the pinnacle of heartbreak.

But, Pakistan cricket has given us fans many fond memories in between the WCs, and frankly I am looking forward to many more!

England squad isn't built around buddies, Jason Roy and butler are best buddies but Butler straight up told the management to drop Roy due to his lack of fitness and form, something Roy hates and is heart broken about. Roy is sill a traveling reserve but the fact Butler booted him out hurts however both Roy and Butler acknowledge that their great friends regardless.

Morgan didn't build his squad around buddies, he quite literally had to turn the 2015 minnow squad around to a world beater in 2019, he did that by outright discarding all his buddies like Gary ballance who was a nepotitic lad and basically our version of Asad Shafiq at 3 lol.

Dhoni never picked his buddies besides yuvaraj and yuvi more then deserved to be in the team during his prime 2007 to 2009 years. Dhoni literally advocated dropping gautam ghambir, Sehwag, and so many other cricketers in 2012 after the embrassing loss from Pakistan in 2012, he outright changed the entire team and led CT 2013 to victory.

Pointing never picked his buddies either. What on earth are you even talking about?

The ct 2017 team was getting critisized cause we were a minnow no 8 squad so no one believed we could actually win and our team was undergoing a transition.

We had a new captain in sarfraz who people didn't know how'd he would Captain but no one critised sarfi as a bat after he impressed in 2015, everyone wanted him as our frontline keeper over the failure that is umar akmal.

Same way babar was shoved at no 3 and hafeez at no 4. No one doubted hafeez's bowling ability, they had questions of his batting but he clearly turned out to be an excellent bat at no 4 as he was horrible at the top order.

Only malik was questioned. Hafeez, Babar were questioned for their batting order, not their skills.

Azhar was questioned for his sr, not his ability as a batter as he was pur best test bat at the time. Ahmed shezad was questioned but he was dropped anyway so who cares.

This time around, people are questioning fakhar's form, the fact that we have 2 slow accumulators at the top, the fact that our middle order is mon existent, the bowling besides shaheen and Rauf is horrifically weak, and rizwan at no 4 is a question mark as he doesn't have the six hitting Sr ability that hafeez had, rizwan ain't playing a CT 2017 knock like hafeez played lol.

In 2017 we had the best possible team selected, but our no 8 rank didn't inspire confidence.

In 2023, we don't have the best possible team selected. Abrar,saim ayub, sarfraz, tayyab, arshad iqbal, amir, imad waseem, these lads clearly deserve to be in the squad over horrible losers like nawaz and shadab lol.

Let's properly analyse our team.

Azhar Ali is less consistent then imam, however he can actually accelerate a million times better and has boundary scoring shots, his vital knock in the final proved to be critical to our success. Imam ain't playing that knock due to his limited ability in hitting, but he is more consistent then azhar is.

Fakhar in 2017 was a million times superior to current fakhar and Abdullah is never ever reaching the heights of 2017 fakhar unless he plays his innings on the ps5.

Babar was our no 3 and still is.

Hafeez is a million times more useful at no 4 them rizwan. Rizwan accumulated but again lacked the Sr needed to attack bowlers which hafeez could do which he again played a match winning knock in the final. He was also one heck of a bowler and our spin was ridiculously strong thanks to him.

Haris sohail vs Agha isn't a contest. 2017 haris was Peak and our best batter and was superior to 2017 babar. His avg of 47 at no 5 and a Sr of 90 to 130 depending on the situation isnt a joke, Haris sohail is also a better bowler then agha, Agha is atrocious at bowling.

2017 malik, Sarfraz and Imad is 100x the middle order that is shadab, Nawaz and Chacha. It isn't even contest. Shadab and nawaz are the 2 worst players I've seen, it's basically just chacha carrying on his shoulder.

Our bowling was also superior, a 100x superior spin department and our current trio without naseem is useless. It's all shaheen and Rauf now. Hasan is a has been, Waseem is useless.

Jason Roy was out due to fitness/injury, this doesn't change the fact that he was still initially selected as he was buddies with the captain.

Has Babar included an injured player in a tour/comp while captain?

If you think the team is full of horrible losers, then I take it you will not be watching the Pakistan games?

For your info, nepotism in Pakistan cricket has been questioned since the 70s.

I’ve seen pathetic performances but gutless teams - 2013 CT, 2015 WC and this current team. Nothing in the past beaten this level of cowardice.

I’m a passionate Pakistani fan and I’m generally positive and will defend them but this team - they ain’t got it.

The problem with this forumn is that their still relying on the 2017 CT miracle but they don't understand why we actually won the CT.

Our 2023 team has one out of form opener, the other 2 options Abdullah and imam will lead us to 30 for 0 after 10 overs. And our middle order is non existent, the tail basically begins at no 5, if quality bowling is in play, then at 4, since rizwan ain't surviving stark or bumrah or kuldeep.

The bowling is also weaker, non existent spin department and without naseem we are shot in the foot, all depends on shaheen who isn't a good middle overs bowlers and Rauf who isn't a good opening bowler.

Hafeez, Malik, Haris sohail, Imad waseem and Sarfraz was 100x the middle order then rizwan, Chacha, Agha, shadab and Nawaz.

Our only hope now is saud having to carry the entire God damn middle order on his back.

Same with our opening. Azhar is less consistent but by his 2017 years he became a solid striker and accelerator at opening, and 2017 fakhar was 100x the player that he now is.

Jason Roy was out due to fitness/injury, this doesn't change the fact that he was still initially selected as he was buddies with the captain.

Has Babar included an injured player in a tour/comp while captain?

If you think the team is full of horrible losers, then I take it you will not be watching the Pakistan games?

For your info, nepotism in Pakistan cricket has been questioned since the 70s.

Bro he's literally a travelling reserve. Butler straight up said he'll play if someone gets injured.

Reason Harry Brook is selected cause Roy isn't performing and Brook can bat anywhere from 1 to 6 so he's a better utility player then Roy atm.

The person who lacks info and insight is you.

And what you're saying is completly false. Nepotism this time around is being questioned by the entire nation, not simple trolls on forums or casual viewers who have no insight in the game.

The friendship 11 is a literal meme. Just like how everyone brands misbah's captaincy as the dark days.

No one ever says the dark days of sarfraz or younis, Imran Khan freidnship 11 or sarfi friendship 11.

Heck even after our embrassing 2007 performance, no one says inzi friendship 11. Sure they crtitise inzi as a captain, but no one accuses him of deliberately sabotaging pakistan like they accused babar and misbah of doing.

It's 110% clear babar and misbah are deliberately sabotaging, you gotta be blind to not see that.

Bro he's literally a travelling reserve. Butler straight up said he'll play if someone gets injured.

Reason Harry Brook is selected cause Roy isn't performing and Brook can bat anywhere from 1 to 6 so he's a better utility player then Roy atm.

The person who lacks info and insight is you.

And what you're saying is completly false. Nepotism this time around is being questioned by the entire nation, not simple trolls on forums or casual viewers who have no insight in the game.

The friendship 11 is a literal meme. Just like how everyone brands misbah's captaincy as the dark days.

No one ever says the dark days of sarfraz or younis, Imran Khan freidnship 11 or sarfi friendship 11.

Heck even after our embrassing 2007 performance, no one says inzi friendship 11. Sure they crtitise inzi as a captain, but no one accuses him of deliberately sabotaging pakistan like they accused babar and misbah of doing.

It's 110% clear babar and misbah are deliberately sabotaging, you gotta be blind to not see that.
Jason Roy is out of the WC due to injury, he is not in the 15 man squad or the reserves. This created a space, hence Brooks was included.

Read this link carefully.

I don't agree Babar is at fault, but I do agree Misbah is causing problems.

Captains are often given free reign on selection and team strategy, and then the results either vindicate them, or ajudge them, but Misbah is the kebab me hadi, and doesn't make it easy.

This is why Imran Khan's leadership skills and style are dearly missed. He was Captain, Manager, Chief Selector - and the results speak for themselves.

Shocking comments from rizwan if he said that...u batted against their F team bowlers..southeee..boult..jamieson ..milne and others didnt even bother bowling and to come out with that nonsense

Jason Roy is out of the WC due to injury, he is not in the 15 man squad or the reserves. This created a space, hence Brooks was included.

Read this link carefully.

I don't agree Babar is at fault, but I do agree Misbah is causing problems.

Captains are often given free reign on selection and team strategy, and then the results either vindicate them, or ajudge them, but Misbah is the kebab me hadi, and doesn't make it easy.

This is why Imran Khan's leadership skills and style are dearly missed. He was Captain, Manager, Chief Selector - and the results speak for themselves.

I am well aware of the link, the back spasm thing isn't something that keeps him out, otherwise he would not be a travelling reserve. The back spasm thing is the same spasm imam suffered against Sri Lanka, it isn't serious enough to boot him out of the cup.

ECB detailed their reasoning very clearly. His average has been a meager 31 since after the 2019 World cup, and it has continued to dip below via poor outings in domestic. In comparison malan has been 10x the opener he is. His last chance was to perform in the NZ series but he missed out due to minor back spasms, he has recovered and can play but ECB no longer wants to take the risk due to his form dip. Their willing to have him as a travelling reserve only and replace someone injured, but their not willing to play him, it's too risky and doesn't make sense when malan is clearly the superior opener atm.

Lol we were experimenting and didn't even play our best bowlers.

Lol we were experimenting and didn't even play our best bowlers.
We played our entire bowling unit except shaheen.

If you think shadab would save us then Allah khair Kare.

New zealand beat us with part time bowlers and all their batters except ravindra who isn't even their front line batsmen retiring out at 50.

They gave us a minnow treatment. The warm up was a huge humiliation, just like India match was a humiliation. Their wicket keeper bowls better then our entire bowling unit besides shaheen and Rauf 😂😂

We played our entire bowling unit except shaheen.

If you think shadab would save us then Allah khair Kare.

New zealand beat us with part time bowlers and all their batters except ravindra who isn't even their front line batsmen retiring out at 50.

They gave us a minnow treatment. The warm up was a huge humiliation, just like India match was a humiliation. Their wicket keeper bowls better then our entire bowling unit besides shaheen and Rauf 😂😂
He is a New Zealand fan bro.

They did what they could. It it’s clear there are a lot of improvements needed. I am hoping Rauf is not still injured and will be fully fit before the tournament crunch games.

I think we got decent use out of the practice game. Enjoyed Saud Shakil’s innings. If Hassan had bowled better in the second spell, it would have been great

Because him and Babar are our main batters and we are heavily dependent on them. They should be given priority to get used to the conditions.

So at 50 he is not used to conditions.

At 70 he is still not used to conditions.

At 90 he still requires to be used to conditions.

Heck even at 99 he STILL needs 1 run to get used to conditions.

At 100, he magically gets used to them? 😇

Sure.

IF anyone truly believes that...

So at 50 he is not used to conditions.

At 70 he is still not used to conditions.

At 90 he still requires to be used to conditions.

Heck even at 99 he STILL needs 1 run to get used to conditions.

At 100, he magically gets used to them? 😇

Sure.

IF anyone truly believes that...
A century is just more confidence boosting. It's not like he didnt resign. All our batters except Fakhar got to bat.

A century is just more confidence boosting. It's not like he didnt resign. All our batters except Fakhar got to bat.
So why didn’t Williamson, Mitchell and co feel the need to get that extra “confidence boost”?

Seriously our players are like 5 year olds.

- We need to get used to conditions
- We need to boost our confidence
- We need no criticism because they’ll feel so much pressure and underperform
- We need our friends in the team to feel comfortable
- We need to further boost our confidence and cut a cake
- We play better when we smile and joke with the opposition
- Our fast bowlers need to blow kisses

Seems they don’t need time in the middle, they need a shrink or at the very least a sports psychologist

So why didn’t Williamson, Mitchell and co feel the need to get that extra “confidence boost”?

Seriously our players are like 5 year olds.

- We need to get used to conditions
- We need to boost our confidence
- We need no criticism because they’ll feel so much pressure and underperform
- We need our friends in the team to feel comfortable
- We need to further boost our confidence and cut a cake
- We play better when we smile and joke with the opposition
- Our fast bowlers need to blow kisses

Seems they don’t need time in the middle, they need a shrink or at the very least a sports psychologist

They have him

They have him

He either needs to start working or be replaced

Warm-up, as the word suggests its meaning itself, is a set of exercises that you do before physical activity to prepare your body for it. These are not meant to be played as a do-or-die game. People should relax and wait for the real action to start.

Nonsense they didn't check any combination.Top 4 has been batting everywhere since last 3-4 years and today also same batted .babar is too mean,even in practice game he didn't sit.who is going to keep wickets in case rizwan has some issue...that fellow should have kept behind wickets in practice games.which combination was checked?? Nothing??They are making fool of themselves and fans too..I believe Nawaz should be tried as opener.He plays good shots and who knows he may be next jayasurya??I still remember Jayasuriya was not even of the level of Nawaz when he used to bat lower the order..
My XI for practice against Australia shall be
M.Nawaz
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Saud
Abdullah Shafiq (he needs to be tried in middle order)
Shadab (captain)
Hassan ali
Waseem jnr
Osama
Imam ul haq(as wicketkeeper)
Agha Salman(as bowler)

Oh the hero narrative - wickets falling at regular intervals and this wounded soldier did us all a massive favour and stayed in!

Except that’s not even true! The only wicket that fell when he was at the crease was Babar! I mean keep reaching (because it’s amusing) but sometimes be realistic
Learn to comprehend Rizwan had no reason to declare as he needed maximum time at the crease as he has never played in India before and as Babar wicket had also fallen the next batsman had already got in as well, and there was still enough time for even Agha and Shadab(Iftikhar should had come in) to get some practise too. So I am not sure what the issue is there is also another game where they can bat Iftikhar higher up to give him practise. As usual you are focusing on pointless details when the real issue is lack Of Fakhar form and Pakistani poor selection of bowlers, and Shaheen and Haris also not 100% fit.

Because him and Babar are our main batters and we are heavily dependent on them. They should be given priority to get used to the conditions.
This logical explanation negates the agenda to nit pick even with non issues.

Learn to comprehend Rizwan had no reason to declare as he needed maximum time at the crease as he has never played in India before and as Babar wicket had also fallen the next batsman had already got in as well, and there was still enough time for even Agha and Shadab(Iftikhar should had come in) to get some practise too. So I am not sure what the issue is there is also another game where they can bat Iftikhar higher up to give him practise. As usual you are focusing on pointless details when the real issue is lack Of Fakhar form and Pakistani poor selection of bowlers, and Shaheen and Haris also not 100% fit.
I did comprehend - you said he stayed in because wickets were falling all around him! Sorry dude I can only reply to what you yourself stated!

I did comprehend - you said he stayed in because wickets were falling all around him! Sorry dude I can only reply to what you yourself stated!
I guess the wicket of Babar falling counts as 5 wickets

The only difference is Pakistan have been humiliated in a prior tournament the Asia cup. Yet still make no wholesale changes in the world cup barring. Genius strategy.

Definition of Insanity, repeat the same process hoping for a different result.🤔🤔🤔

Why does rizwan, an already established central contract player of category A need confidence boosting? How much confidence boosting will you give him? Like he can't be dropped, he's considered more important then even shadab our VC who was given contract B, he literally gets whatever he wants in the side and can bat anywhere he wishes, the whole media world considers him the next best thing, and he's developed a Cult following even stronger then misbah and babar's Cult following. I don't get what confidence boosting he needs.

You know who does need confidence boosting? Saud and Abdullah, players who are new to the circuit and should be given maximum opportunity for confidence boosting before the cup.

Shocking comments from rizwan if he said that...u batted against their F team bowlers..southeee..boult..jamieson ..milne and others didnt even bother bowling and to come out with that nonsense
That is still fine but even more shocking is his comment that a 100 is a 100 no matter what game it is when asked what his take was on him scoring a 100. NZ was opening the bowling with a wicket keeper who rarely of ever bowls and no boult or southee.

Back