Imran Farhat Vol.2

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Rebirth of a batting phenom :farhat Expecting better things from him now. Certainly got some class.

I must admit, the few 20-30 runs he has ever made have been a pleasure to the eye. From a viewers' point of view, it'd be great if classy players like Imran, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar, Shoaib Malik etc all start scoring runs.

Still feeling sorry for Younis though. :(

he's only warming the seat for nasir jamshed.

Another good talented lad. Left handers are always appreciated. Just get rid off the eyesores now

Last edited:
The end of Hafeez's purple patch has marked the beginning of Farhat's.

It's alright. Still a good 50 :14:

Hopefully he will continue the good work. Give him your best wishes.

I just went to pray and farhat is gone. perera is having time of his life with pakistan.

Better than any other batsman has played.

56 @ SR of 88

I'm quite surprised

Already the second best batsman of the series

He's always had the class attached to his strokeplay. Just never had the consistency and always seemed to be content and lazy with his lack of footwork.

I always thought he should've got an extended run instead of Butt.

Yea like the thread title suggests, here's hoping for a newer better version of him.

Reminds me of Alistair Campbell from Zimbabwe. Same class but same lack of big scores

He should have.
Yea, Pakpassion, talk nah

Note of the century seriously i dont get why these pp'ers critisize farhat so much he plays fast perfect aggressive opener like he should be and has a better average than most of the batsman in the pakistani team.

i think farhat is like parhiv patel..
happy to score 30s and then get out happily

I think Parthiv has more shots and class :) He just can't make it big though and an Indian batsman who can't hit hundreds is a waste of space.

If Farhat is awful then what does that tell you about our other batsmen :))

Pretty dark day if Farhat is the saviour to our opening issues.

Very good innings. Guy always performs. Much much better than Hafeez.

Nice innings but I hope this doesn't mean he takes Nasir's spot when the latter returns from injury

Played pretty well today...If only he played like this in past matches...:facepalm:

Can believe he wasnt in the side earlier seeing as Useless Khan was consistently failing.

We needed a right/left combo at the top

Can believe he wasnt in the side earlier seeing as Useless Khan was consistently failing.

We needed a right/left combo at the top

I agree, but the left hand of that will be Nasir Jamshed when he's back.

Tbh he makes 50's on regular basis but fails to convert them, needs to work on that

The dark days are over. Ain't no stopping Farhat now. :farhat

It seems Farhat is finding his second wind, like Hafeez did last year.

he has played 51 odi's with only 1 - 100 and 12 - 50's, what is he still doing playing cricket, rubbish

Not a fan but he's a much better batsman when aggressive. One of the worst converters in cricket. Always see him giving his wicket away.

Nasir Jamshed is a much better option.

Not a fan but he's a much better batsman when aggressive. One of the worst converters in cricket. Always see him giving his wicket away.

Nasir Jamshed is a much better option.

How much of Nasir Jamshed have we seen so far? We'll resume the conversation after Pak Aus series

Sir Imran Farhat is no underdog, his father in law = former Chief Selector and has lots of connections

underdogs are those miskeen players who miss out becoz they don't have such "father-in-laws" :fawad

farhat.gif
has had always a good start, but will just throw away his wicket whenever the team needed him to stay in the crease. that has always been his problem. So I dont think there is a need for VOl 2 or Vol 3... coz we need a batsman who can stay long in the crease and can make a big score.

farhat.gif
has had always a good start, but will just throw away his wicket whenever the team needed him to stay in the crease. that has always been his problem. So I dont think there is a need for VOl 2 or Vol 3... coz we need a batsman who can stay long in the crease and can make a big score.

Like Don Afridi, or Viv Hafeez? Or perhaps Gary Akmal Junior? :ahmed

Camn down :facepalm: Mallinga does that to everyone. Vol 2 is for real and this is just a tamasha league. For Pakistan, Farhat's gonna do wonders.

Sir Imran farhat

Take a bow :bow:

There will never ever be a laaaaaagandary player in th same league as Sir imran farhat!

Imran Farhat has always been a good hitter.
He fails when his free flowing bat starts being static.
Although I still don't consider him an International class batsman.

Does Imran Farhat have any fans on PP?

Well, he's probably the most hated player within the team at the moment and given the presence of :malik and :kami, that's really saying something.

Imran Farhat has never been to popular with Pakistani cricket enthusiasts. Most believe he does not deserve a place in the team and is only there because of his father-in-law's influence (Mohammad Ilyas has also previously served as Chief Selector for the PCB)

People argue, his presence means more deserving candidates like :ahmed have to sit out.

He's probably made more comebacks than any Pakistani in the history of the game barring :sami ofcourse :))

However, his record in FC cricket is exemplary, he's racked up almost 10,000 runs at an average of over 40 in 140 odd games, yes, there are players who perform in domestic but never really make the grade in International cricket (Shahzaib Hasan, Yasir Hameed, Faisal Iqbal anyone?) but Farhat has always struggled to make his mark with the green shirt.

He's been a part of several opening combinations tried by Pakistan, partnering almost everybody from Yasir Hameed right down to Mohammad Hafeez.

It's interesting. I've seen Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik get bashed around on PP but they seem to have to some supporters to fend it off, I've never seen any Imran Farhat fan.

Astonishing? Not so much for me.

Does this guy have any talent? 10 years of flashing at everything outside the off-stump. 10 years of silky scoops past fine-leg. 10 years wasted in developing a talent, that never really was?

So, purpose of this thread being, if you are an Imran Farhat fan, reveal yourself to the world :))

:farhat

Back