India v Aus 3rd Test Day 5 Kotla

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
I'll drive the wagon till about 1.30am or so then someone else will have to take over. 2/52 so far, Gamby and Dravid at the crease and a draw looking like the most likely outcome.

Can Australia "do a Bones20" (ie get a moral victory even though such don't exist in OZ) today? Time will tell.

20.4 Lee to Dravid, OUT, Lee breaks through. The Wall is cracking brick by brick. Full, fast, in swing at around 149 kmph and Dravid has dragged the off drive back on to his stumps.
R Dravid b Lee 11 (37b 2x4 0x6) SR: 29.72

Master Blaster said:
And i have placed $1000 on Aussie whinning !!

If I earned a dollar each time India whined, I would be a millionaire! :D

I have already placed my bet. Am pretty confident !!
smilegl5.gif

The way India are playing at the moment, they'll get rolled for around 200 and we'll have a 30 over bash on our hands :D

India playing really defensively here.

Come on MJ! Beam Tendy! 50 runs if you smack him in the schnozz mate!

Can't believe how defensively India are playing. They have a better chance of winning than we have, but they're blocking everything.

Jamal said:
The way India are playing at the moment, they'll get rolled for around 200 and we'll have a 30 over bash on our hands :D
Even then its a draw ... Right from first test match Aus have shown that they lack ability to score at 4rpo+ against Ind.

OZGOD said:
Can't believe how defensively India are playing. They have a better chance of winning than we have, but they're blocking everything.
Two reasons I can think of -
Firstly they are leading the series, and it would be silly to take chances and give any chance to aussies for levelling. And then quick loss of first three wickets should have done enough to damage their confidence.

Hail-Akram said:
Two reasons I can think of -
Firstly they are leading the series, and it would be silly to take chances and give any chance to aussies for levelling. And then quick loss of first three wickets should have done enough to damage their confidence.

Agree. There's no reason for India to try to win this match. From their body language they look like they've given up, so they will likely try and keep wickets and bat till stumps and then aim at the 4th Test to take the series.

India will be kicking themselves if they lose this game though, given their dominance over the first 2 days.

i think ozgod it's the aussies which need to win. they need to try most stuff with the ball. stuart clark kept bowling same line and lenght. it was a good line but it didn't fetch him anything but he continued to bowl the same even though gambhir was leaving that very same delivery everytime.

Aus have to win this game to win the series and hence they should be trying different things to seek that chance to bat early and not India.

mj is in lets see if he can make a difference

Gamby gone for 36, India 4/94.

bablu_khan said:
i think ozgod it's the aussies which need to win. they need to try most stuff with the ball. stuart clark kept bowling same line and lenght. it was a good line but it didn't fetch him anything but he continued to bowl the same even though gambhir was leaving that very same delivery everytime.

Aus have to win this game to win the series and hence they should be trying different things to seek that chance to bat early and not India.

mj is in lets see if he can make a difference

Well he got Gamby out. I think the OZ are doing their best to win, but we haven't been in the game the first 4 days in any case - if someone had offered us a draw after day 3 we'd probably have taken it. I was just surprised India wasn't doing more to win this match given how they've dominated it in the 1st 3 days. Not too many teams have lost a Test after declaring in the 1st innings but India have looked defensive today. They're 129 ahead, they should set us a target and back their spinners to bowl us out.

Last edited:
2nd Innings Lead by 129 runs - India

Four players are gone, and six players are left. The chance are slim, but could either go favor on Australia today who knows

Horrible decision by Dar, a score of 220 set for OZ could set up a cracking last day's play...

Dravid really needs to think about his future. He have destroyed his career batting average from about 59 to now about 53. He have been failing hopelessly for the last 2 years. He really needs to think about his future.

SalaamPakistan said:
Interesting convo between Laxman and Johnson so far

Sunny Gavaskar & Mark Nicholas commentary:

Mark Nicholas: Ok ..there is some interesting conversation taking place between Laxman and Johnson. The umpires have intervened and are talking to Ponting about the incident.

Sunny Gavaskar: Why should the bowler start any verbal abuse?

Mark Nicholas: It depends on who has provoked it. And if someone has said something the other person should just keep their mouth shut and not say anything.

Sunny Gavaskar: Wait a minute..my question is why a bowler should be allowed to use the F word? It should be stopped and reported to the match referee. Verbal abuse has no place on the cricket field, it has never been. It's not accepted in other sports, so why should cricket be any different? It should be nipped in the bud...for God sake it does not help over rate either.

Mark Nicholas: After a moment of silence...'point understood and well taken'.

Last edited:
Sunny Gavaskar getting mad at Johnson for abusing/having war of words with Laxman. It have been reported to the match referee though.

Seriously, these sort of techniques should not be used by either teams.

tdigi said:
Sunny Gavaskar & Mark Nicholas conversation:

Mark Nicholas: Ok ..there is some interesting conversation taking place between Laxman and Johnson. The umpires have intervened and are talking to Ponting about the incident.

Sunny Gavaskar: Why should the bowler start any verbal abuse?

Mark Nicholas: It depends on who has provoked it. And if someone has said something the other person should just keep their mouth shut and not say anything.

Sunny Gavaskar: Wait a minute..my question is why a bowler should be allowed to use the F word? It should be stopped and reported to the match referee. Verbal abuse has no place on the cricket field, it has never been. It should be nipped in the bud...for God sake it does not help over rate either.

I never heard Sunny mentioning anything regarding the F word being used.

bublubhuyan said:
Sunny Gavaskar getting mad at Johnson for abusing/having war of words with Laxman. It have been reported to the match referee though.

Sunny has been sounding really bitter the last couple of days. If you're going to be a commentator at least try and get your personal bias out of things.

what the heck is this garbage... Why can't they swear... in sports in North America they even swear at the refs let alone other players... and don't start with the "cricket is a gentleman's game" ... yea then you might as well make them plays in suits...

Last edited:
bublubhuyan said:
I never heard Sunny mentioning anything regarding the F word being used.

I wish I had recorded everything to just prove you wrong. But for now you will have to take my word for it.

Sunny lost any chance of commenting on "spirit of the game stuff" after his hissy fit in Melbourne when he tried to make his teammate leave the field after his dismissal!

tdigi said:

:14: :14: Nicholas walking his talk there :)) Shutting up to big daddy Sunny.

So Sunny reckons the F word is worse than doing this?

A year later, almost to the day, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Sunil Gavaskar, incensed by an lbw decision against him by Australian umpire Rex Whitehead, stormed off towards the dressing-room, ordering fellow opener Chetan Chauhan to follow him. Only the intervention on the boundary's edge of SK Durani, the team manager, persuaded Chauhan to return to the middle, pointing out, as Stollmeyer and Short had done to the West Indies a year earlier, what the consequences would be if he didn't and the match was abandoned.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/257492.html

bones20 said:
:14: :14: Nicholas walking his talk there :)) Shutting up to big daddy Sunny.

If Ian Chappell was commentating he would have probably slapped Sunny across the face to shut him up. Sunny moans more than Paris Hilton in bed! :p

Sunny loves to lecture on the spirit of the game, India's poor fielding, and running between the wickets.

It's fun to hear his comments and criticism.

I've read somewhere that Sunny, as a kid was so ill tempered that his parents had to take him to a psychiatrist to check if anything was wrong with him.

The problem with him as a commentator is that he simply can't keep his emotions to himself. He stands out for what he feels is correct, but he doesn't have to ability to control his emotions while on the air.

Last edited:
OZGOD said:
Ponting said the same thing when Sunny questioned the attitude of the Aussies. In reply Sunny said that he was abused by the Australians while he was on his way to the pavilion and that led him to take Chetan Chauhan away from the field.

As I said before, his problem is his temper. He simply can't resist expressing his emotions.

OZGOD said:

Why are you digging up the past? Of course Sunny was not right in doing what he did. But his comments seem valid in the context of the game today. Johnson provoked and bad mouthed Laxman for no reason which led to 'interesting' conversation causing umpires to intervene.

My point is that let's not play the blame game because we can keep on doing this with each other and reach no where. Focus on the present.

I personally don't care if a F word is used unless someone says:
"Oi, Brandes, why the hell are you so fat?" Without missing a beat, Brandes replied to McGrath ..."Cos every time I F*** your wife she gives me a biscuit".

Oh what the hell...even that's FUNNY!

Last edited:
This video till this day cracks me up. Just listen to Sunny's sarcasm :))) :)))

[utube]B0T7LyDNq_A&feature=related[/utube]

Hey, Ian Chappell comments on the Johson-Laxman incident (taken from Cricnfo commentary) -

I have never seen him do that before and I am delighted that the umpire stepped in and spoke to the captain. But I am worried that Ponting spend some talking to them trying to dissuade. I would have liked the umpires to tell him " you have some problem with your fast bowler and get him to shut up."

bublubhuyan said:

"Peacock" "Hair Calic" Johnson we are talking about :)))! Would be infact funny to see a man with that retarded hair and head sledge :))!

tdigi said:
Why are you digging up the past? Of course Sunny was not right in doing what he did. But his comments seem valid in the context of the game today. Johnson provoked and bad mouthed Laxman for no reason which led to 'interesting' conversation causing umpires to intervene.

My point is that let's not play the blame game because we can keep on doing this with each other and reach no where. Focus on the present.

I personally don't care if a F word is used unless someone says:
"Oi, Brandes, why the hell are you so fat?" Without missing a beat, Brandes replied to McGrath ..."Cos every time I F*** your wife she gives me a biscuit".

Oh what the hell...even that's FUNNY!

The past is relevant when talking about how much of a moaner Sunny is. He should shut up and let someone with more credibility like Shiva or Ravi make those criticisms.

OZGOD said:
The past is relevant when talking about how much of a moaner Sunny is. He should shut up and let someone with more credibility like Shiva or Ravi make those criticisms.

So you are saying that if the criticism came from Shiva or Ravi -- you are more inclined to accept it? Talk about bias here.

Last edited:
What's the point of Cam White even being in the team if Clarke is bowling anyway?

tdigi said:
So you are saying that if the criticism came from Shiva or Ravi -- you are more inclined to accept it? Talk about bias here.

It's about credibility tdigi. Sunny has none. He's a sook himself. Would you be more inclined to listen to advice about the spirit of the game from Ponting or Mark Taylor?

Going to bed soon, who's driving this wagon? No takers?

Also:

India RR 2.39
Last 10 ovs 14/1 RR 1.40

Don't India want to win the match? Why don't they declare?

OZGOD said:
It's about credibility tdigi. Sunny has none. He's a sook himself. Would you be more inclined to listen to advice about the spirit of the game from Ponting or Mark Taylor?

Why pick on Sunny for what was a valid argument? His past actions in no way should diminish the value of his current comments.

Yes, I will be more than willing to listen and accept criticism from Ponting or Taylor if the points are valid. It's crucial that we take the human element out and listen to the criticism in a objective way. The blame game is not beneficial in the long run and it certainly does not help when someone says - "Hey you have lived in a glass house in the past, now don't throw stones at others"

Better to focus on the stones and not the thrower. Reasoning and logic is dampened when the natural human instinct of blaming others takes over.

tdigi said:
Why pick on Sunny for what was a valid argument? His past actions in no way should diminish the value of his current comments.

Yes, I will be more than willing to listen and accept criticism from Ponting or Taylor if the points are valid. It's crucial that we take the human element out and listen to the criticism in a objective way. The blame game is not beneficial in the long run and it certainly does not help when someone says - "Hey you have lived in a glass house in the past, now don't throw stones at others"

Better to focus on the stones and not the thrower. Reasoning and logic is dampened when the natural human instinct of blaming others takes over.
Welcome to Pakpassion dude. Obviously you are still new here :D

Everyone just assumes that Johnson started it and the Indian players are saints. Gavaskar is a racist and nothing more.

The impotent Aussie bowlers can't knock off "sitting ducks" on a 5th day pitch and Ozy whines blaming it on all except the aussie team !!

Bravo let the famous aussie whinning begin !!
bigyellowgrinqu5.gif

Will India claim a moral loss for not winning after scoring 617 in the first innings then only managing to draw the game.

bones20 said:
Welcome to Pakpassion dude. Obviously you are still new here :D

Obviously Tdigi is still new here. He's not bitter, twisted and cynical like you yet mate. :D

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "moral" loss for the Aussies. I doubt they would allow India to lay claim on one. Wasn't allowed even the last time !!

tdigi said:

Let's say that Ponting and Lara both suggested that batsmen should walk when out. Who would you believe more, Ponting or Lara?

PS Welcome to PP btw mate. :)

Why does Shame Watson look like a whipped dog after every delivery that goes for 4? He needs to control his facial expressions more, it's embarrassing.

Kumble hasn't declared yet? wasted my 25 min for nothing :po: Ohhh Buddha, chale jaate ho draw ki sirf, jeet ki kabar tujh ko kya, na jaane tum kumble hote hi team ko crumble na hone day :batman:

Are India planning to declare at all or will they bat till stumps?

Fish said:
Will India claim a moral loss for not winning after scoring 617 in the first innings then only managing to draw the game.

Brave brave India here = death or glory :D

Love the usual hypocrisy from the master racist SG. I don't recall him kicking up a stink when Zaheer and Harby were sledging Watson non stop early in the series. Or when Zaheer ran to abuse Hayden SG was arguing the match referee was racist.

But now he is complaining about MJ sledging Laxman and wanting sledging outlawed. :))) :)))

OZGOD said:
Are India planning to declare at all or will they bat till stumps?

They will declare when there is no possible chance of losing. That's the Indian way, first look to not lose, then if you get lucky you might win.

tdigi said:

Because as OG said, Sunny has no credibility. He never acknowledges any other point of view, just cheerleads for the Indian team. I think he wishes he was still playing. Must embarass the current players sometimes.

RA & OG - you both are missing the point. Keep on pointing fingers at Sunny and this will not go any where. My argument is only about what he said in the commentary above.

tdigi said:
RA & OG - you both are missing the point. Keep on pointing fingers at Sunny and this will not go any where. My argument is only about what he said in the commentary above.

Does not matter what he said. If it was said by the foaming at the mouth hysterical commentator known as Sunny Gavaskar then we don't listen to it.
Too much rubbish comes out of his mouth to take him seriously.

And I responded, where was this argument when Zaheer and Harby and GG were going at Watson and Haddin early in the series? Or when Zaheer ran to abuse Hayden as he left the field? Deathly silence about that eh?

Agree with the Cricindia commenter who said Ponting should bowl Hussey and Hayden from now on.....

tdigi said:

The point is even if it was Laxman started it and was the instigator Sunny is going to blame the Aussies. Sunny dosent look at the issue from an independant stance, he just blames the Aussies for everything that happens. Whatever he says cant be taken seriously because he is only using the opportunity to express his racist views.

Random Aussie said:
And I responded, where was this argument when Zaheer and Harby and GG were going at Watson and Haddin early in the series? Or when Zaheer ran to abuse Hayden as he left the field? Deathly silence about that eh?

nah - I wanted to respond to it. But I wanted to argue about Sunny's comments today - specifically between what happened between Laxman and Johnson. For reasons mentioned before I didn't think it was proper to dig previous incidents.

Fish said:
The point is even if it was Laxman started it and was the instigator Sunny is going to blame the Aussies. Sunny dosent look at the issue from an independant stance, he just blames the Aussies for everything that happens. Whatever he says cant be taken seriously because he is only using the opportunity to express his racist views.

Well I just fail to understand that even if SG according to you is biased, it still does not undermine the point he was trying to make - "Verbal abuse should be reported to the referee and nipped in the bud. It has no place in cricket" to which Mark Nicholas agreed.

For me it doesn't matter what the nationality is. So if an Indian cricketer abuses someone then of course he should be reported too.

tdigi said:
nah - I wanted to respond to it. But I wanted to argue about Sunny's comments today - specifically between what happened between Laxman and Johnson. For reasons mentioned before I didn't think it was proper to dig previous incidents.

Well I just fail to understand that even if SG according to you is biased, it still does not undermine the point he was trying to make - "Verbal abuse should be reported to the referee and nipped in the bud. It has no place in cricket" to which Mark Nicholas agreed.

For me it doesn't matter what the nationality is. So if an Indian cricketer abuses someone then of course he should be reported too.

But this point was not made by India when Harbijan told Pietersen to f*** off when pitersen clean bowled him, they wait until it a player from another team them says something then squeal.

Fish said:
But this point was not made by India when Harbijan told Pietersen to f*** off when pitersen clean bowled him, they wait until it a player from another team them says something then squeal.

Well it has to be fair and square for every team and I don't know why Harbhajan was not held guilty. I can only speculate that this and the previous series against the Aussies has ignited more criticism and attention from the media and commentators.

OZGOD said:
If Ian Chappell was commentating he would have probably slapped Sunny across the face to shut him up. Sunny moans more than Paris Hilton in bed! :p

How do I go about nominating this for the quote of the week? :)))

Thats shocking, the media didnt leave him alone, and now Kumble has announced his retirement...

India declares. Aus needs 224 in 23 overs at 9.7 runs per over. ...can they do it?

Oddly defensive by India today. I don't know why the left their declaration so late. Aus are clearly not going to bat at 10 runs an over. Anyway, hopefully Haydos gives the bag of bones a right bollocking to finish his career off!

Back