India v Australia, 2nd Test, Day 3 18/10/08 Mohali

Romali_rotti

Senior T20I Player
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Runs
19,727
Let's get it rolling boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Predicting a wicket to fall very soon....
 
Ishant gets Husey, EASILY I SAY IT AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN; This kid is easily the best young quick going around in the world at the moment :D..
 
Romali_rotti said:
Ishant gets Husey, EASILY I SAY IT AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN; This kid is easily the best young quick going around in the world at the moment :D..
Yes. Has been troubling him consistently. You will now here some arrogant snubs about your good words for ishant. anyways, India is on top at the moment. I am surprised about the defensive fireld though.
 
What a bowling by Ishant.. Any bowler would get depressed after getting a proper edge to slip fielder and end up seeing it dropped but Ishant bowled even better.. a ball before, Dravid didnt take the catch and next ball, WICKET!!!!

ISHANT you the MAN!!!
 
Five down? Australia have India right where we want them. :D
 
RR , i think shrama is already close to the best india has ever produced ....probably except for last 2-3 years of srinath's career when he actually started pitching the ball up .

can you explain the wicket ?
 
On another note, the Boston Red Sox beat Tampa 4-2 in game 6 - we're going to game 7 in the ALCS!!
 
bones20 said:
Yes. Has been troubling him consistently. You will now here some arrogant snubs about your good words for ishant. anyways, India is on top at the moment. I am surprised about the defensive fireld though.

Man I couldnt care less, everyone here knows I say things how I see it.....
 
jusarrived said:
RR , i think shrama is already close to the best india has ever produced ....probably except for last 2-3 years of srinath's career when he actually started pitching the ball up .

can you explain the wicket ?

Beaut of a ball, moved off the seam took the faint edge, Hussey got stuck on the crease....
 
rahulrulezz said:
What a bowling by Ishant.. Any bowler would get depressed after getting a proper edge to slip fielder and end up seeing it dropped but Ishant bowled even better.. a ball before, Dravid didnt take the catch and next ball, WICKET!!!!

ISHANT you the MAN!!!

he had pointing plumb as well only to be turned down by rudi , then he gets him out in 2 balls again !
 
bones20 said:
Yes. Has been troubling him consistently. You will now here some arrogant snubs about your good words for ishant. anyways, India is on top at the moment. I am surprised about the defensive fireld though.

u kidding me ... all the fielders are in the circle with upto 3rd slip..what else do u want..all fielders at shortleg shortfine positions
 
jusarrived said:
RR , i think shrama is already close to the best india has ever produced ....probably except for last 2-3 years of srinath's career when he actually started pitching the ball up .

can you explain the wicket ?

One thing I noticed about Ishant is he gets that vicious movement off the pitch (regardless of the wicket) back into the batsmen at good pace like Flintoff.. Never seen that from any other Indian quickie till Ishant...
 
jusarrived said:
RR , i think shrama is already close to the best india has ever produced ....probably except for last 2-3 years of srinath's career when he actually started pitching the ball up .

can you explain the wicket ?


139 km bowl.. lil bit fuller outside offstump..hit the seam and shuffled towards the off... Hussey nicked it and VOILA!!!..

same ball before, Dravid (who was standing far behind) didnt get to the ball
 
the guy is actually bowling pace and trying to bang every ball to the middle of offstump.. looks as if he is going to take wicket every ball
 
I won't go on rating Ishant sky high, cuz it's only been a while he's in International cricket. But I'll certainly say that he have so far shown the kind of potential which is generally not seen in Indian fast bowlers. I'd still wait for him to complete two years in International cricket to finally rate him.
 
rahulrulezz said:
139 km bowl.. lil bit fuller outside offstump..hit the seam and shuffled towards the off... Hussey nicked it and VOILA!!!..

same ball before, Dravid (who was standing far behind) didnt get to the ball


thanks man , it was just as i imagined it would be . :)
 
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
I have been away for the last week or so.

So i see IND are doing quite well
 
PlanetPakistan said:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
I have been away for the last week or so.

So i see IND are doing quite well
Good morning pal. We have been missing you all along. Welcome back.
 
bublubhuyan said:
Good morning pal. We have been missing you all along. Welcome back.
Thanks buddy.

My computer wasn't working and also had some other stuff to do.
139/5

ZAK and Sharma really troubling the Aussies here.
 
PlanetPakistan said:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
I have been away for the last week or so.

So i see IND are doing quite well

WB PP, we missed you during Sachin's leading run scored thread :)
 
jusarrived said:
thanks man , it was just as i imagined it would be . :)


np yaar... btw u live in india na.. i guess u must be at work.. haha lil bit slacking chalta hai :p ...
 
OZGOD said:
On another note, the Boston Red Sox beat Tampa 4-2 in game 6 - we're going to game 7 in the ALCS!!

i have stopped watching baseball ever since mets collapsed again...Two year in a row
 
Oh man Zaheer bowling amazingly he is really making the aussies look like sitting ducks out there, unlucky not to have had Watson in the last over....
 
Haddin gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! another wicket to fall very soon , we need to bat again and set a target of 550 and kik some as*****
 
India have made Australia look extremely ordinary in this test match in absolutely all departments.
 
rahulrulezz said:
np yaar... btw u live in india na.. i guess u must be at work.. haha lil bit slacking chalta hai :p ...

working on Sundays isnt that bad , cos there isnt much to do any way ..i get a comp off & get paid for 2 days .....will use my comp off for a Monday , usually the workload is more on Mondays :))
 
I notice the prominant absence of a very noted PP member in Random Aussie. I wonder why. :)

Any clues, Romali?
 
If we are able to get them out with 250 in deficit, follow-on wouldn't be a bad option.
Here's a chance to win by an innings but we might as well have to bat late on fourth day and fifth day.
 
This is disastrous for the Aussies. I mean, they may as well be able to somehow save the Test ultimately, but it will really give their confidence a huge dent.
 
bublubhuyan said:
This is disastrous for the Aussies. I mean, they may as well be able to somehow save the Test ultimately, but it will really give their confidence a huge dent.

You mean whatever the result, India has the moral victory:D
 
Momo said:
I notice the prominant absence of a very noted PP member in Random Aussie. I wonder why. :)

Any clues, Romali?
He is ashamed, humiliated, hiding himself in shame :)) Dont worry RA, come out, we will not screw you too much :)) You got to give it to us. Its not often we get to screw Aussies and when we do you dont show up! We are upset. Now come out, we will give you moral victory :D
 
Last edited:
Random Aussie. Its all good. Come out of your closet.
 
Australia is missing Symonds for sure. He's a v.v. handy player. I know on my part that this Australian team is incomplete without him.
 
bublubhuyan said:
Australia is missing Symonds for sure. He's a v.v. handy player. I know on my part that this Australian team is incomplete without him.

Not just Symonds but Gilchrist is a huge loss too. Mcgrath, Gillespie and Warne are huge losses too. Lee cannot be depended to spearhead the attack in all conditions and Johnson, Siddle and even Clarke were not experienced enough in such unfavorable conditions. I think the Aussies drunk by their world beater status expected too much from themselves on this tour.

It is inexcusable that the Australian pacers have not been able to reverse swing the ball. They knew the conditions they would encounter over, they knew they did not have any spinner to speak of to trouble the Indian batters and would have to rely on their faster bowlers to dismiss the Indian batters.
 
rahulrulezz said:
whats up OZ... doesnt seem like Aussie day today ... hard luck bro :misbah

Test match is FIVE days mate. *prays*
 
Momo said:
I notice the prominant absence of a very noted PP member in Random Aussie. I wonder why. :)

Any clues, Romali?

I think we may have to play a game called where is Waldo, whoops I mean RA :D.... To be honest I think he knew before the series started Oz were in for a hard time.....
 
Romali_rotti said:
I think we may have to play a game called where is Waldo, whoops I mean RA :D.... To be honest I think he knew before the series started Oz were in for a hard time.....

I am here now, had rehearsal today.

Some fight from Watson and Lee here but we aint going to avoid the follow on - and don't want to, need to hope that Dhoni puts us in again. :D

Yaar weakest team we have put on the field for a very long long time and it shows.
 
Savak said:
Not just Symonds but Gilchrist is a huge loss too. Mcgrath, Gillespie and Warne are huge losses too. Lee cannot be depended to spearhead the attack in all conditions and Johnson, Siddle and even Clarke were not experienced enough in such unfavorable conditions. I think the Aussies drunk by their world beater status expected too much from themselves on this tour.

It is inexcusable that the Australian pacers have not been able to reverse swing the ball. They knew the conditions they would encounter over, they knew they did not have any spinner to speak of to trouble the Indian batters and would have to rely on their faster bowlers to dismiss the Indian batters.

No we expect and aim to win every match we play. That is why we have lost 2 away series in 10 years and none at home. None of this "we did great to get a draw because we lost the toss" or "this tour will be a learning experience" for us. We are in the middle of rebuilding our side but we expect to be competitive wherever we play a game of cricket.

Yeah Langer, Martyn, Warne, Gillespie, McGrath, Gilchrist are a bit of a loss. :batman:
 
Thank you Rudi, Turning down Plumb LBW's when we asked which was hidding middle stump in the 'middle' lol.. However give it when it is missing offstump for OZ (Dhoni dismissal)... 3-2 to OZ so far. Once again great work Rudi keep up the good work...
 
Last edited:
Shame brings up a Test fifty..

That's not something I expected. Advantage rests firmly with India -- if they don't screw this up and apply some pressure, we could be looking at 1/0 to India, and fully deserved.
 
bones20 said:
He is ashamed, humiliated, hiding himself in shame :)) Dont worry RA, come out, we will not screw you too much :)) You got to give it to us. Its not often we get to screw Aussies and when we do you dont show up! We are upset. Now come out, we will give you moral victory :D

I am here come on dish it out :D

Pity you had to cheat by tampering with the ball to beat us :D :))) And by Ganguly being given not out when stumped.

Love it, get to play the Indian game back at you all.
 
Romali_rotti said:
Thank you Rudi, Turning down Plumb LBW's when we asked which was hidding middle stump in the 'middle' lol.. However give it when it is missing offstump for OZ (Dhoni dismissal)... 3-2 to OZ so far. Once again great work Rudi keep up the good work...

Stop your whining you are winning the match
 
Romali_rotti said:
No respect for beyond pathetic decisions....

Try watching the cricket instead of spending all your mental energy trying to find errors in umpiring decisions.

Do you get rid of Rudi and have got rid of Bucknor? You are never going to find an umpire you are happy with so it is pointless.

Umpiring has been pretty good this series IMO.
 
Easa said:
Shame brings up a Test fifty..

That's not something I expected. Advantage rests firmly with India -- if they don't screw this up and apply some pressure, we could be looking at 1/0 to India, and fully deserved.

To be fair Watson is a very good bat, the queries are on his bowling, his fitness and his mental strength. Averages 50 at domestic level which is very very good, especialy for an all rounder.
 
Random Aussie said:
I am here now, had rehearsal today.

Some fight from Watson and Lee here but we aint going to avoid the follow on - and don't want to, need to hope that Dhoni puts us in again. :D

Yaar weakest team we have put on the field for a very long long time and it shows.


Get used to it
 
wanted_desi said:
Get used to it

Nope we won't tolerate it. :batman: We will find some players

Even if India were to win this series it is not the start of any dynasty for them because half the team is about to retire so they have to rebuild too.
 
Random Aussie said:
You don't say anything about anyone getting out please :)))

I'm not going to predict the fall of any wickets or slag off any Indian bowlers today, i'v learnt my lesson. They are all very nice individuals who bowl very nice and look nice when they do it.
 
Milroastnescafe said:
I'm not going to predict the fall of any wickets or slag off any Indian bowlers today, i'v learnt my lesson. They are all very nice individuals who bowl very nice and look nice when they do it.
I dig them all, just not into Ishant

If I was batting against Ishant, I wouldn't be able to control my laughter. I would gift my wicket away so I could have a nice little chuckle in the dressing room at his hair and general mangled appearance.
 
Milroastnescafe said:
I'm not going to predict the fall of any wickets or slag off any Indian bowlers today, i'v learnt my lesson. They are all very nice individuals who bowl very nice and look nice when they do it.

:D

On a serious note, now the Indian over rate is appalling same as ours. Same story as the last Test, same story as the previous series.

The ICC should (but won't) fine each captain their entire match fee and give them a formal warning. It is like they have given up trying to enforce over rates and content themselves with making conference calls and announcing it to the world.
 
Come on Watson and Lee. What's so sweet in sweating and toiling in the hot sun ? Give away your wicket and enjoy some soft drinks, and relax in the AC dressing room.
 
Easa said:
I dig them all, just not into Ishant

If I was batting against Ishant, I wouldn't be able to control my laughter. I would gift my wicket away so I could have a nice little chuckle in the dressing room at his hair and general mangled appearance.


He does have the look of a stray dog doesn't he... I mean, what are you talking about? He is a very well groomed and well presented young man who has very pleasant looking teeth structure.
 
Random Aussie said:
:D

On a serious note, now the Indian over rate is appalling same as ours. Same story as the last Test, same story as the previous series.

The ICC should (but won't) fine each captain their entire match fee and give them a formal warning. It is like they have given up trying to enforce over rates and content themselves with making conference calls and announcing it to the world.


I don't care about the over rates to be honest, just as long as they make up the overs the next day. If anything, India should be fined for hiring Afridi to dance on the wicket. We would have made 800 minimum in our first innings otherwise.
 
Random Aussie said:
Try watching the cricket instead of spending all your mental energy trying to find errors in umpiring decisions.

Do you get rid of Rudi and have got rid of Bucknor? You are never going to find an umpire you are happy with so it is pointless.

Umpiring has been pretty good this series IMO.

Oh yeah dont you worry mate I am watching the game, where Dhoni was given out by this fool when the ball was missing offstump but I was also watching when this fool gave not out when ball was hitting plumb middle stump.. SO YOU GET USED TO IT, I WILL DAMN RIGHT STATE MY OPINION...
 
Romali_rotti said:
Oh yeah dont you worry mate I am watching the game, where Dhoni was given out by this fool when the ball was missing offstump but I was also watching when this fool gave not out when ball was hitting plumb middle stump.. SO YOU GET USED TO IT, I WILL DAMN RIGHT STATE MY OPINION...

If you want to spend your time complaining about the umpiring go ahead.
Guess it gives you someone to blame when you lose.

Lee gone to Harby, good innings again from Brett with the bat.

Hopefully we miss the follow on and Dhoni enforces it :D
 
Milroastnescafe said:
He does have the look of a stray dog doesn't he... I mean, what are you talking about? He is a very well groomed and well presented young man who has very pleasant looking teeth structure.

Umm atleast he doesnt look like a monkey :)) , but to be honest Ishant reminds of the rat dude in ninja turtles, their master...
 
Random Aussie said:
If you want to spend your time complaining about the umpiring go ahead.
Guess it gives you someone to blame when you lose.

Mate you need to be in our shoes to understand as most of your life all the decisions went for you, so for you it is just a harmless issue...
 
Romali_rotti said:
Mate you need to be in our shoes to understand as most of your life all the decisions went for you, so for you it is just a harmless issue...

Ah yes the world wide conspiracy to deny India their rightful place at the greatest team ever, it involves all countries and races and possibly the CIA.
 
Four more wickets for Harby to get 300 Test wickets....good work from an off spinner
 
Don't worry RA, we got em right where we want em :D

Anyway 4.30am here i really need to crash. I'll log on tomorrow and see if we managed to get within 200 runs of their total.
 
That is tea, 8/249. Honours probably with Australia for that session but we are still miles behind in the game and almost no chance of winning.

Only the one wicket in that session, Shane Watson answering the critics in the best possible way and Lee fighting as always. Pretty ordinary looking scorecard from Australia on a good batting wicket.
 
That session was Australia's. They are still 220 behind and are quite a distance behind overall in the game. India need to keep the deficit as high as possible, Ideally, they'll be looking at a 180+ lead.
 
Random Aussie said:
Ah yes the world wide conspiracy to deny India their rightful place at the greatest team ever, it involves all countries and races and possibly the CIA.

Hit the nail right on the block hole mate, well done ;)
 
Back
Top