India v England | 2nd Test - Day 2 | Mohali | 20/12/08

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Tempted to change the location to 'Manchester'!!

Looks miserable - its a sorry looking Mohali.

More groundstaff than spectators.

Am I watching? You must be kidding!!!

India 229-1

Gambhir 126* / Dravid 95*

Now, back to Aus v SA.....

I think Today India is bit more positive. But England bowled well. Flintoff especially. Not enough luck.

AsadRauf looking 'dapper' in that traditional looking sweater

Dravid's century was so boring that I didn't even know when he got it

Anderson today atleast showed some expression like "disappointment" "Frustration" "anger" :p

natalia said:
Dravid's century was so boring that I didn't even know when he got it

What time zone are they on in Singapore? 'The future'?

Wow Bumble is throwing a quiz.. i leave it to forummers. Who are the highest run getters by position?

No.3 Dravid

Well OBVIOUSLY he's going to make his century from here. I meant, it was just so boring I didn't even know how quickly he reached it

natalia said:
Well OBVIOUSLY he's going to make his century from here. I meant, it was just so boring I didn't even know how quickly he reached it

Its far from obvious with Dravid - a known 'choker' :D in the 'N-n-n-n-n-n-n-ervous 90s!

Dravid 100... :) wow.. very quiet celebration considering the slump he had prior to this.
Very good 100. I have no problem with his slowness in this match.

Gavaskar 9607 (1-2)
Dravid 8081 (3)
Tendulkar 10370 (4)
SR Waugh 6754 (5)
SR Waugh 3165 (6)
Gilly 3948 (7)
Warne 2005 (8)
B.Lee 1003 (9)
Waqar 496 (10)
Murlalitharan 623 (11)

Dravid's century will set Indian cricket back 12 months, a 36 year old scoring at snails pace on a flat pitch achieves nothing.

diondublin said:
Dravid's century will set Indian cricket back 12 months, a 36 year old scoring at snails pace on a flat pitch achieves nothing.

Overcast conditions right through. Not ideal condition to blast your way through. Even Gambhir played slowly.

I think Gambhir has crossed 1000 runs for the calendar year in a matter of 8 Tests.

IronMan2009 said:
I think Gambhir has crossed 1000 runs for the calendar year in a matter of 8 Tests.

Yes he has now. Great find for India. 12 months ago they were opening with Dravid and Wasit Jaffer, openers are a bit better these days....

69 overs left. If they go at today's run rate they will reach 500 before the end of the day.

This probably will be 3rd triple century partnership for Dravid to be involved in. 8 more runs. to do.

i havce never ever seen DRAVID hitting a four/throwing his bat at the last delivery before a session break! he does and gets a 4. confidence is a funny thing!
well played India. picking up score in the last hour. hopefully the weather stays good enough till close of play.

Don't think England bowled that badly. Infact they beat the bat quiet a few times at the start with new ball. But after they settled in they just feasted on this bowling.

Dravid. Thank you for proving me right. Legend.

:11:

England unlucky again. The bowlers stuck to their task well.

My optimism about the pitch yesterday has sadly proved completely unfounded and the only possible results I can now see are a crushing defeat or a bore draw.

Spare a thought for the England fans yesterday who had been assured that tickets would be available from Gate 5 at the ground. By the time someone from the Punjab Cricket Association eventually decided to show up with the promised tickets, play was already well underway and they'd missed the only wicket to fall.

Big Harvey said:
England unlucky again. The bowlers stuck to their task well.

My optimism about the pitch yesterday has sadly proved completely unfounded and the only possible results I can now see are a crushing defeat or a bore draw.

Spare a thought for the England fans yesterday who had been assured that tickets would be available from Gate 5 at the ground. By the time someone from the Punjab Cricket Association eventually decided to show up with the promised tickets, play was already well underway and they'd missed the only wicket to fall.

:)) Why would they do that as if there is any crowd to watch the match.

Romali_rotti said:
Ghambir easily looking like the best lefty going around at the moment....

Ah no. Sangakkarra says hello, Chanderpaul says hello, Hussey says hello.

Random Aussie said:

Chanderpaul walking ahead, looks back, and says hello!

Graeme Smith should be added to that list as well.

Random Aussie said:

urgent edit needed to make it: best lefty opener!

Matic said:
Chanderpaul walking ahead, looks back, and says hello!

Graeme Smith should be added to that list as well.

oh! then best ever lefty opener of india!
that would be easy.

Okay.. here we go.. Gambhir just dances down the wicket for Anderson. Message is very clear.

sorry 4th triple century partnership for Dravid. Gambhir gone meanwhile. Just threw it away at 179. He did his job.

deathstreak said:
nope he needs to have another year before we can put him anywhere near the group of chanderpaul or sangakara.

Think the original call said "at the moment" not over his and their careers...

natalia said:
The chokers are all back in form

choke.jpg
:)))

Deserved wickets for Swann and Flintoff. I just wish England had bowled with as much discipline in Chennai as we have in this innings so far.

IronMan2009 said:
Harbhi is going to really enjoy here.

He usually seems to. This is his home ground and our batsmen always get out brainlessly trying to sweep him.

Rain interruption is going to be there for the next 3 days. So india doesn't seem to be worried about collapse. They still go for shots.

Cook drops an absolute sitter. His fielding in this series has been shocking. He may well have cost us the game in Chennai.

Back