India v England | 4th ODI | Bangalore | 23/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanted_desi

Tape Ball Star
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Runs
990
Tendulkar is back and will open with Sehwag while Gambhir will be pushed down to #3.
 
12thMan said:
what did Ghambir do?
Be around playing cricket at the same time as an all time great of the game, with 42 ODI centuries to his name.
 
I'd stick with the same opening combo of Sehwag and Gambhir!

As for the team, perhaps Irfan Pathan for RP Singh but the main thing will be is that who will Tendulkar replace in the team? Both Raina and Rohit Sharma haven't done much in this series so far so either of them will make space for Tendulkar.....
 
It's very doubtful whether the match would happen. Rain is predicted to play spoil sport. Also, it have already rained a lot yesterday and the ground is in no-good condition according to reports.
 
bublubhuyan said:
It's very doubtful whether the match would happen. Rain is predicted to play spoil sport. Also, it have already rained a lot yesterday and the ground is in no-good condition according to reports.
Bummer if its turns out like that, could actually find time to watch the match as it is on a weekend.
 
Well so far so good..no rains here.Getting sunnier by the minute.But things could change in the evening.
 
Omar Malik said:
I'd stick with the same opening combo of Sehwag and Gambhir!

As for the team, perhaps Irfan Pathan for RP Singh but the main thing will be is that who will Tendulkar replace in the team? Both Raina and Rohit Sharma haven't done much in this series so far so either of them will make space for Tendulkar.....
raina has... but then again, he has not had many an opportunity... rohit deserves a sweet kick in his box for how he has been floundering his several chances.
 
Omar Malik said:
Most likely unless they score over 300 batting first or restrict them to under 300 or even under 280! :p
rest assured, if england bats first and manage 300, then india can easily chase that down given the considerable disadvantage england would face with dew conditions when bowling in the evening.

ideally, england should look to bat second.
 
Tendulkar is a bully.

Gambhir --> :bash: <-- Tendul
 
tdigi said:
Tendulkar is a bully.

Gambhir --> :bash: <-- Tendul
It's the team management who takes these decisions, not individual players. Any player who doesn't listen to the team management will be thrown out of the team.
 
PlanetPakistan said:
england will win
i have this feeling too..unlike Pakistan, India has this habbit of never winning a series with a whitewash... we actually like to put our minimum effort in to win a seiries.. india generally never win a series with a big margin.. its always 3-2 , 2-1 or once in decade 4-1 series... even in bangladesh, we won the series 2-1... against Pakistan, we were well ahead in the series with 3-1 but our lazy attitude, final scoreline was 3-2.... same with Lanka, we won the series by the fourth ODI, so we lost the final game... lol
 
rahulrulezz said:
i have this feeling too..unlike Pakistan, India has this habbit of never winning a series with a whitewash... we actually like to put our minimum effort in to win a seiries.. india generally never win a series with a big margin.. its always 3-2 , 2-1 or once in decade 4-1 series... even in bangladesh, we won the series 2-1... against Pakistan, we were well ahead in the series with 3-1 but our lazy attitude, final scoreline was 3-2.... same with Lanka, we won the series by the fourth ODI, so we lost the final game... lol
thats because IND love to play long series and aren't satisfied with 3 ODIs.
 
OMG!! Ishant has finally got a hair cut aft 4 years!! And whats more its ridiculous!!
 
England have won the toss and have decided to field.
Rohit out for Sachin.
England play the same squad
 
Hello dudes! at work until 2 and a half hours so if some one could provide me with a link for that much time it would be great. Btw i think England should have batted first, well WHY DIDNT THEY?
 
maamrut said:
OMG!! Ishant has finally got a hair cut aft 4 years!! And whats more its ridiculous!!
96286.jpg
 
Tendulkar's done, he was struggling to get bat on ball in that innings and getting bowled like that is not something you often see with specialist batsmen.
 
Sparhawk said:
Tendulkar's done, he was struggling to get bat on ball in that innings and getting bowled like that is not something you often see with specialist batsmen.

Nothing new. I have seen him through such phases only for him to bounce back with a spectacular performance in the next couple of games.
 
Its stopped raining now..expect it stop raining at the ground in 5 mins,plus maybe half an hour of delay for all the drying process and we should be ready to go again.
 
Sparhawk said:
Tendulkar's done, he was struggling to get bat on ball in that innings and getting bowled like that is not something you often see with specialist batsmen.

Tendulkar will be around for a while longer. Still going well.

They do need to think about dropping him down the order though, GG and Sehwag have a good thing going and TBH Tendulkar is injured and or misses too many one day games to be the opener.
 
3.50pm And its coming down cats and dogs, panthers and llamas, chipmunks and parakeets. Rather glum scenes here. Off go the players while the spectators dive for cover. Oh my its coming down hard. My colleague, Sidharth Talya, says he loves the smell of fresh earth when it rains. He's lost it.


P.S. And that I believe is the unofficial signal from the weather gods that there won't be further play in this match.
 
rahulrulezz said:
i have this feeling too..unlike Pakistan, India has this habbit of never winning a series with a whitewash... we actually like to put our minimum effort in to win a seiries.. india generally never win a series with a big margin.. its always 3-2 , 2-1 or once in decade 4-1 series... even in bangladesh, we won the series 2-1... against Pakistan, we were well ahead in the series with 3-1 but our lazy attitude, final scoreline was 3-2.... same with Lanka, we won the series by the fourth ODI, so we lost the final game... lol
you must have bout cynicism in huge dollops the last time you were at a grocery store... part of the reason we never white wash a team is because once a series win has been secured, we try out some new blood...
 
Play to resume at 4:30 pm local time..thats 6 mins away.So good news!!
 
Bhajis_acid_tongue said:
you must have bout cynicism in huge dollops the last time you were at a grocery store... part of the reason we never white wash a team is because once a series win has been secured, we try out some new blood...


so you mean pakistan does not experiment with new players? thats why they dont have any good backup players I guess.
 
bublubhuyan said:
Kya bol rahe hon, dost ? Are you serious ?

Yeah i am..its all cleared out.And thats the message being displayed on Neo cricket channel.
 
maamrut said:
Yeah i am..its all cleared out.And thats the message being displayed on Neo cricket channel.

No... I have Neo Cricket on TV too, and it says "EXTRA COVER" will resume at 4.30pm. Extra cover is the discussion show which comes in between innings, lunch, tea, etc.

Or maybe play will resume during the Extra Cover show. not sure
 
natalia said:
No... I have Neo Cricket on TV too, and it says "EXTRA COVER" will resume at 4.30pm. Extra cover is the discussion show which comes in between innings, lunch, tea, etc.

Or maybe play will resume during the Extra Cover show. not sure

Oh my bad..you're right.But the rain has stopped for quite sometime here.Infact it only pelted down for some 5 mins.So i believe there will b play later in this match.
 
Covers are coming off now, so that's good news. Play should resume soon.

btw maamrut, if you live in bengaluru why don't you go watch the match at the stadium? :D
 
All covers coming off now, supersopper doing it's work
play will resume very soon. :D
 
Oh dear - just a game of cricket Mr. Arif....
 
There goes India's chance of winning this 7-0....
 
I predict the match to start in 5-10 mins. No overs to be lost, crowd could have a treat until 11-12pm. Nice one for a working city on a Sunday night. Whoever does these silly schedules.

Anyway I dont think this match will end with a result.
 
The pitch is ready, but the umpires say it is still pretty damp...
Play was due to start at 5.20 but just for player safety play is now due to start at 5.50 local time.

The match will end at around 11.20pm local time.
35 minutes of the post-innings interval will be used, so the interval will be just around 10 minutes.

Around 4-5 overs will be cut off.
 
natalia said:
Covers are coming off now, so that's good news. Play should resume soon.

btw maamrut, if you live in bengaluru why don't you go watch the match at the stadium? :D

Thats easy...the facilities at the ground in Bangalore are probably the worst in the country.

edit:match to resume at 5:50pm according to latest update.I think it will be 42-43 overs a side.
 
Last edited:
5.10pm Nick Knight has the two umpires, Harper and Saheba. There's a ten minute break between innings. Harper says the overs may come down by three. Play will resume at 5.50pm.

Good news !!!!!!
 
rain is back on again, but this one isn't so hard, shouldn't be long before the players come out again.
should be just around a few hours. :D

jk, should be around 15 minutes i guess.
 
too much rain from what they are saying. Looks like this one is over
 
It was till now..its stopped now though.But i'm sure the ground is too soggy to resume the game.
 
It's still full of rain at the ground as what cricinfo says.
I am watching Neo Cricket but that channel, instead of providing updates, are showing knocks of their "brilliant" players from the last 3 ODIs.
sometimes i really get annoyed when they keep showing stuff just about india winning/india this, india that, etc. same with star cricket...

but then again, they're indian channels. lol
 
They saying that play may start again soon. with it being a 20/20 match .... but india have batted 17 overs and obviously have gone at a 50 over type of rate not a twenty20 style rate and only have 3 overs left of their innings wouldnt that be unfair? because india won't make a big score. and england will have 10 wickets in hand and will be aware of the total and can go aggressive from the beginning unlike india who didn't know for most of their overs. surely they should top india's score 20-30 runs or something?
 
Just watching Darrel Harper talking to Nick Knight.

All I can say Darrel, time to 'come out of the closet'
 
what crap! match reduced to 22 over side....India has just 5 overs of 20-20 type play....darn unfair.....Eng woudld win it but deep down they know they wouldn't beaten India yet on this tour....
 
What on earth is this !! What ridiculous decision. India have already started this game playing in the 50 over mode, not all of a sudden we are told this would be a 22 over match.

Don't agree to it Dhoni, don't !!!
 
8.45pm The Supersopper is still doing the round of the ground. Thats a crazy machine. I'm still waiting for official confirmation. No sign of Dhoni, though Kirsten is down with the umpires. Pietersen seemed very keen to get some playing time in tonight.

Harper says the ground staff have done an exceptional job and the players have been told it will be a 22-over game. So India will come out and bat for five more overs. The umpires are hopeful of starting in 30 minutes. Thats 9:13 to 11:13pm.
:pissed:
 
we have lost only one wicket ....60-70 runs getable in these 22 overs ....don't forget India got 14 overs of power play & Eng will get only 6 .... fair enuf in the end imo !
 
jusarrived said:
we have lost only one wicket ....60-70 runs getable in these 22 overs ....don't forget India got 14 overs of power play & Eng will get only 6 .... fair enuf in the end imo !
bhai 20-20 itself is a game of powerplays....don't tell me Eng won't get even 160 in 22 overs!
 
Dont worry dudes, England is possibly one of the worst sides in the world. They will still have trouble winning this.
 
deep82 said:
bhai 20-20 itself is a game of powerplays....don't tell me Eng won't get even 160 in 22 overs!

I know yaar , its a little harsh on us ...but thats how things work in truncated matches .....I think 160 is defendable on this pitch , but we will have to bowl better than eng !
 
Unfortunately Jimmy is completely out of form at present and is gifting fast starts to India.

Sehwag was run out there, but the ump didn't spot it.
 
i think they should add like 20 runs or something to india's final score because its harsh that they only got 5 overs left to set a total, if they knew it was 22 overs they would of gone harder at it earlier. So it's england's favour really.
 
Robert said:
Unfortunately Jimmy is completely out of form at present and is gifting fast starts to India.

Sehwag was run out there, but the ump didn't spot it.
I'll admit, I like when it's played fair and square, doesn't matter whether my home team gains advantage or not. Yes, I would have preferred Sehwag OUT after he was caught in the replays struggling to make his ground. But I'm confused over the matter, did the English players appeal to the umpire or they simply didn't take notice ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top