India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | 30/11/07 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks god everyone managed to play even though there were so many injuries. Shoaib will be back next match...whos in for him?

will this be a repeat of the last time we played IND...Their spinners will be waiting for the 4th/5th day...they caused a collapse on a flat 3rd/4th day pitch.

should have given rehman on yasir a chance over sami ...

Good to hear that Shoaib Akhtar is playing. Let us hope he puts up the same effort he did at Delhi.

Karthik can be expected to be under a bit of pressure after his low scores in Delhi. He will be keen for a good start..

India hasnt made any changes to the team.

Too bad Arafat did not make it into the playing XI. He would have been as good a batsman as Iqbal and a 5th bowler.

XFactor said:
Good to hear that Shoaib Akhtar is playing. Let us hope he puts up the same effort he did at Delhi.

Karthik can be expected to be under a bit of pressure after his low scores in Delhi. He will be keen for a good start..

India hasnt made any changes to the team.
Munaf patel is there :6:

siddharth said:
Munaf patel is there :6:

:) He wasnt THAT bad in Delhi - let us hope he puts up a better show here. He usually takes one or two matches to warm up :))

Why is Akhtar fielding at the boundary where he has to run every ball.

Shouldnt we have him at slip so he can conserve his energy?

Mercenary said:
Why is Akhtar fielding at the boundary where he has to run every ball.

Shouldnt we have him at slip so he can conserve his energy?
i dont think he is the best of slip fielders where alot of chances may be presented

Missed the pitch report. Anybody saw it? What is the verdict?

W63L35 said:
Missed the pitch report. Anybody saw it? What is the verdict?

absolute "crumbler" as cricinfo mentioned it.

Spin to come into play as early as tomorrow afternoon. The top is already coming off with the bowlers footmark.

W63L35 said:
He won't disappoint - mark my words!

i hope he doesnt....but poor guy ...i remeber last time he got a chance in place of inzi or something. hes always guranteed to lose his spot for the next match no matter what he does here.

I bet Rahul is shitting his pants right now as he faces the Rawalpindi express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KArtik's a dud!!!..Kumble..be a man!..atleast play sehwag for the next test..instead of persisting with one-match wonders

Seeing Doctrove and Koertzen there together, gives me the shivers.

The Indian XI has played more than twice the total number of tests as the Pakistan XI - 732 tests to 359! Just the big 4 have played more tests than all the Pakistan players (Dravid 113+Tendul. 141+Ganguly 97+ Laxman 84 = 435).

shoaib is amazing....poor guy looks like he should be in bed, not playing cricket yet he still bowls one at 95mph - WOW

Shoaib Akhtar to Dravid, no run, released with a grunt and its 153.2 kmph, full and fast, straight too and Dravid quickly gets his bat down in time to push it to the off side ..

woah...hope thats the last one..

Tanvir beats Dravid all ends up!

Poor Shoaib looks terrible out there. Now he has really shown his commitment. I hope HE can lead us to a winning game! Come on Shoaib! Pik up a few! And even he doesn't I wont be upset because of 3 reasons:

He played amazing last game.
He has BARELY any support.
He is sick.

Next ball - Dravid almost played on!

playing shoaib in this state is a huge risk..that too on a flat tract...Pak could've used an additional fully fit bowler or batsman .... if he breaks down today..and he's showing all the signs of it...pak ends up playing with 10 players for 4 days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back