India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 2 | 1/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Well, lets see if we can make this one better.

Jaffar on 200*

Last edited by a moderator:
if india scores 600 then they will give pakistan a follow-on and win by an innings :(

any SOPCAST channel streaming the game?

:(

No teeth at all except Akhtar

What I'm looking for today is some fight. I'm looking for the team to at least put up fight.

Shoaib generating decent pace -> good news for Pakistan.

One of the current commentators, Bruce Yardley - is the most incompetent commentator I've ever heard.

If you're watching this - RE Muralitharan and earlier, Akhtar (thankfully Arun has just corrected him)

Jaffar gone.....another wicket for Sohail!

Poor shot by Jaffer, Tanvir on the money first up

let's get them out for another 50 :D

phoenix-suns said:
If afridi was playing, he wud have taken 4 or 5 wickets by now.
It's a batting wicket, but Afridi has to play the next match regardless. He should have been playing this entire series.

I think Pakistan is fighting better today morning especially Tanvir. Just 32 runs in the first hour of play

khilari said:
all nobodies are too busy "playing their hearts out on the field"
haha

if india was 384/8 there would be hundreds of people posting.

Just heard tanvir had 2 big shouts for lbw against ganguly...how close were they?

Obeid said:
Just heard tanvir had 2 big shouts for lbw against ganguly...how close were they?

One inside edge the other one was striking him outside the off stump

how on earth gonna Pak get these indian out. the only option i c is declaration and that too will come after india score 600+. danm, it sux!

Last edited:
y the hell they selected shoaib? even Abdur rehman would've been better and safer choice.

Another four for Laxman..the runs are just flowing here!! India's RR is 4.13 with the Ganguly Laxman Partnership at 4.38!!!

tanvir is absolute retard at times. can't believe a person who doesn't know jack shi8 basics about bowling get selected.

if Pakistan can't get above 350 or 400 on this pitch, then they should just go home.

our U-19 team would do better

this is tooooooooooooooo much. india should declare now. enuff runs on the board.

Pathan007 said:
this is tooooooooooooooo much. india should declare now. enuff runs on the board.
India will need to go for 600.

here's my theory on Sohail Tanvir. He's tough to get used to at first. So he'd be useful as a change bowler. Like a change from a spinner to him, he might get a wicket in the first over. But after you get used to him he's pretty liable.

MarathaPride said:
Looks like the strategy is go for 600+ and hope that the Pakistani batsmen dont do well.
which they will. i expect Pakistan to lose by an inning. :19:

Pathan007 said:
which they will. i expect Pakistan to lose by an inning. :19:

Well I hope so :D

But I think MoYo or YK or both wil fire today..a big innings is due from them.

How can Tanvir pick up a wicket with the same line throughout?

Though its interesting that whenever Tanvir picks up a wicket, its the first ball of his spell.

Pak can also score great runs .................if they dnt put there shoulders down...

This match reminds me of the match between India and Australia at Eden Gardens in 1998.
Lot of batsmen got 90s Azhar made 163. India hit like 52 boundaries or something on day 1.

Is anyone else getting sick of Ganguly showing his bat whenever there is an LBW appeal against him and he's nicked it?

I don't care if he's really not out - he should let the umpire make the decision. Very unsportsmanlike.

That has been a cheating aspect of his inningses.

Kaneria is just bad. Plain old bad.

Why didn't Younis himself bowl, rather then resorting to Hameed? Or Butt? Or even Yousuf!?

Or Faisal or Misbah. 1 over each. Maybe we'll get a surprise.

Yes they can score runs, no doubt, but it's completely different when you have a huge score at your back.

We should just go on an all-out attack with the field setting.

Although India is doing great at the moment, these four: Butt, MoYo, YK, and Misbah, could negate everything with their performances. Indian bowlers must keep the pressure on Pak batsmen when they come to bat or else all this effort will go in vain (I want a win..not a draw).

Maiden. That's a rarity. Maybe 6-7 more, and we'll pick up a wicket. India's RR is INSANE. We have been FLAYED.

MarathaPride said:
Although India is doing great at the moment, these four: Butt, MoYo, YK, and Misbah, could negate everything with their performances. Indian bowlers must keep the pressure on Pak batsmen when they come to bat or else all this effort will go in vain (I want a win..not a draw).
I love you always give India room to screw up. Always have that non-hope, if you can call it that, that India will have to do this. India are like 90-10 to win this game, because Yousuf and Younis will both be out for less then 100 runs together.

To have any chance of drawing, let alone winning, someone has to get a big hundred. Like 170+.

iZeeshan said:
That has been a cheating aspect of his inningses.

Kaneria is just bad. Plain old bad.

We likess to lash out do we , my preciousss?

and all of a sudden Arun wife appears on the ground and arun gets so hyper. :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

iZeeshan said:
I love you ................always give India room to screw up. Always have that non-hope, if you can call it that, that India will have to do this. India are like 90-10 to win this game, because Yousuf and Younis will both be out for less then 100 runs together.

To have any chance of drawing, let alone winning, someone has to get a big hundred. Like 170+.

erm, ok... :10:

Unless the Pakistani batsmen bore the pants off everyone, the draw is the least likely result. We are scoring too fast.

We already picked up a wicket so its not gonna be a wicket at 444. At 555 maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back