India v South Africa | ICC Champions Trophy | 06/06/13 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendAli

Local Club Captain
Runs
india-south-africa-match-300x210.jpg

Game starts in 3 hours, lets see who wins toss.

I'm watching in HD.

Last edited:
^ The weather is nice and warm. So hopefully wicket will remain same throughout the day apart from first one and half to two hours

Kallis has been a brilliant player without doubt but I think RSA won't miss him as much, esp now that Duminy is back, they have a very formidable batting line up in Hashim, AB, Faf, JP, Ingram and Peterson... however they will miss Steyn badly, a lot will depend on how well Morne Morkel bowls, and he will need good support from Tsotsobe who does have this habit of picking wickets.

Not just Kallis the batsman, but Kallis the bowler, more importantly, especially in Steyn's absence (?)

Vijay/Sharma, Dhawan, V Kohli, SK Raina, KD Karthik†,Dhoni*†, RA Jadeja, Ashwin, B Kumar,I Sharma, U Yadav/V Kumar

I would prefer Vijay over Sharma and Umesh over Vinay.

The winner of this match has great chance to qualify for SF.....

Not just Kallis the batsman, but Kallis the bowler, more importantly, especially in Steyn's absence (?)

Kallis as a batsman is equally important. he has a great head and when ever their is a batting collapse/chaos, more often then not, he brings order in African batting order. I got to check the bookie rates now

Without the absence of Smith, Kallis and probably Steyne, I think SA are the easiest opponents in this group for India. I think India can win this one.

Am on HD too! Hope India bats first because I have a meeting at 6! :msd

Without the absence of Smith, Kallis and probably Steyne, I think SA are the easiest opponents in this group for India. I think India can win this one.
Yes, Indian chance have improved but South Africa is still favourite to win this one.

No Steyn no Kallis no Smith and even Murli Peterson is in doubt so india got edge over saffas.

This seems to be a different pitch thn we saw in warm up games. This pitch got some nice amount of grass on it. But steyn will be missed on this grassy pitch...

It's seems to be a very cold morning...

Dale Steyn is not among those warming up. He's wearing a baseball glove and is chatting to Paddy Upton

South Africa won the toss and elected to field...

Strange decision by AB analyst were thinking who ever win the toss will bat first...

Now dhoni saying they wanted to bowl first too...

So they are not going to take any risk with Steyn

Let see if Pak batsmen going to face Steyn!

Nothing strange about decision first hour and 30 minutes is all they got on this wicket. After that it will be a good batting track
India prefer to chase any way another reason why AB chose to bowl

Last edited:
So india is not going to chase in the very first match in CT

India have to score 300+ to put SA under pressure

Why is their bollywood music for Sri Lanka, while everyone else gets music relating to their country lol

Like always blunt but honest view from Aakash here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If you have to open with a part-time opener in the first match of the tournament, you probably didn't pick the right team!</p>— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) <a href="https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/status/342568034466136065">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like always blunt but honest view from Aakash here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If you have to open with a part-time opener in the first match of the tournament, you probably didn't pick the right team!</p>— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) <a href="https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/status/342568034466136065">June 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Pujara should have been picked as an opener.

Rohit Sharma should fire and surprise us for a change! How good it would be! :))

To be honest, when I walked into the ground I was reminded of how it felt in Nagpur when India played SA in the World Cup. There's almost zilch SA support. - Firdose Moonda

Do India ever play away from home lol :))

India won't do a jack against the tall seamers.. Peterson is our only hitting option

Vijay the CSK star is opener in all formats of the game. If he makes himself count here then Hats off the Dhoni!!!!

Dhoni and Kohli will score here both are in great touch

Sir Jadeja is the key today!

First 5 wickets to go down in 20 overs and Dhoni and Jadeja to lead rescue operation to take India to 250.

Charles too busy to be at the ground...

Last edited:
Morne to open bowling attack for SA.....will miss to see Steyn here

India fortunate that Steyn isn't playing, sounds like it's a good toss to win.

Great audition for South African tour later this year... go boys

These two should try to survive for 10 overs! Then we can score something

India should look to see off Morkel and target the other bowlers later on.

Missed chance...Why are they in so hurry for singles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back