India vs Australia | 3rd Test | Mohali | 17/3/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM Riddle

Test Debutant
Runs
India lost couple of early wickets this morning..Vijay and sachin on crease..308/2

Dhoni should have promoted himself up the order to score some quick runs

good bowling by siddle..not giving batsman room to play shots..perfect length

Aleem darr's poor days at umpiring continues.

Pujara was unlucky there to be given out LBW for an inside edge.

Softer old ball has always been difficult to score off on this track. even aussie spinenrs are making run scoring difficult for Indian batters now.

Faster bowlers are bit easy to hit due to the pace available to the batters.

Some quick runs now.

Somehow we have to get past the OZ's 1st inning total before the stroke of lunch if we want try and force a result on this match.

Little over 40 mins to lunch break. We are still trailing OZs by 51 runs.

This is going to be a dull draw. You cant expect a result in 4 days if both teams score 400+ in their first innings

India should just relax... Its the Aussies who are trailing by 2-0 and thus the onus is on them to force a result here. If this match ends in a draw then India wins the series anyway.

MSD is just thier mouthpiece.I think from inside he wants it.BCCI doesnt wanna spend money on it

TBH, i feel its the other way around. MSD is too bigger power in Indian cricket scene. It is he along with seniors such as Sachin who went against DRS after their poor use of it in the inaugural DRS series in Lanka. BCCI is more than willing to toe his lines(be it team selection or DRS)

India should just relax... Its the Aussies who are trailing by 2-0 and thus the onus is on them to force a result here. If this match ends in a draw then India wins the series anyway.

The point is that we should be a ruthless team and should look for a whitewash.
That is the sign of a champion team,currently we are playing like a 'chichora' team!

Cure for Insomnia freely available in the TV near you (Just tune into Star Cricket) :facepalm:

agree that OZs have been bowling with loads of discipline since the morning but still this kind of no run tuk tuk is unbearable. What's worse is even Sachin seemed to be content with this borefest.

Its like watching Aakash chopra and Wajahatullah wasti in their prime tuk tuk form.

It seems there is a clear instruction from dressing room to both the batsmen in the middle, not to score quickly.

TBH, i feel its the other way around. MSD is too bigger power in Indian cricket scene. It is he along with seniors such as Sachin who went against DRS after their poor use of it in the inaugural DRS series in Lanka. BCCI is more than willing to toe his lines(be it team selection or DRS)

no,BCCI is the main villian.they are going by Venkat's opinion

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/59/2013030620130306073229281152624a3/Mind-the-gap.html

no sensible cricketer would refuse it tbh

Second super soft dismissal of the day.

After playing an unbelievable borethon , sachin gets out to Steve smith of all the bowlers :facepalm:

First time I'm haappy to see Sachin go... C'mon now bat fast and declare!

Pitch doesn't have anything in it but very stupid last hour and so by Indian batsmen. There was no effort to score quickly and give bowlers more time to bowl out Aus. It's not as if India was in bad situation. First hour after losing quick wickets was understandable but last hour was pretty bad effort.

Pitch doesn't have anything in it but very stupid last hour and so by Indian batsmen. There was no effort to score quickly and give bowlers more time to bowl out Aus. It's not as if India was in bad situation. First hour after losing quick wickets was understandable but last hour was pretty bad effort.

The plan is to get close to Australian total and accelerate from there on. Guess we'll bat till tea and half and leave it to Australia to save the day...

This is why I will never rate dhoni's captaincy,zero killer instinct!

Pujara got a very poor decision by Aleem Dar.Dar seems to have lost it.Has been very poor in last 18 months or so espcially againist India.

Pujara got a very poor decision by Aleem Dar.Dar seems to have lost it.Has been very poor in last 18 months or so espcially againist India.

no offense mate but in real time that looked out..even the commentators said that.

no offense mate but in real time that looked out..even the commentators said that.

None taken.But it wasnt out,was it.And this is not about this one decision,i am talking about last 18 months or so.

There was a time when if Dar and Taufel were umpiring in a match we wouldnt be complaining of a bad decision.

Now there hardly is a great umpire.May be Kettleborough can become one.

Oh look, the ball starts swinging and the whole Indian batting line up is in collapse mode aka Junaid Khan-mode

So starc has managed a draw for aus.congrats aussie posters ur team is not getting whitewashed.

enough swing there,this isnt a patta.just goes to show how well Dhawan played

So starc has managed a draw for aus.congrats aussie posters ur team is not getting whitewashed.

India can still win here.. Infact, Starc has made sure India has enough time with the ball. Lets see how this goes

I will be more than happy if we can get a lead of over 100 runs from this scenario

I actually hope the aussies bowl us out this session while we take a 50-100 run lead.things might get interesting then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back