Indian Premier League (Match 30) - 14 October, 2020 - DC [161/7] beat RR [148/8] by 13 runs

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
When: Wednesday, October 14 at 19:30 IST

Where: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai

What to expect: This will be the second game in as many days in Dubai. The pitches have already shown a tendency to slow down halfway through the IPL, so the team batting second is likely to face the worst of batting conditions unless the dew factor comes into play. And that could mean that the toss will play a crucial role in the outcome of the game.

Squads:

Rajasthan Royals Squad: Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler(w), Steven Smith(c), Sanju Samson, Robin Uthappa, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Kartik Tyagi, David Miller, Aniruddha Joshi, Manan Vohra, Ankit Rajpoot, Tom Curran, Shashank Singh, Oshane Thomas, Mayank Markande, Anuj Rawat, Akash Singh, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Mahipal Lomror, Andrew Tye, Varun Aaron

Delhi Capitals Squad: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer(c), Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey(w), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma, Avesh Khan, Shimron Hetmyer, Rishabh Pant, Sandeep Lamichhane, Keemo Paul, Tushar Deshpande, Daniel Sams, Lalit Yadav

Delhi Capitals have won the toss and will bat first.

Delhi Capitals Team: PP Shaw, S Dhawan, AM Rahane, SS Iyer*, MP Stoinis, AT Carey†, AR Patel, R Ashwin, TU Deshpande, K Rabada, A Nortje

Rajasthan Royals Team: BA Stokes, JC Buttler†, SPD Smith*, SV Samson, RV Uthappa, R Parag, R Tewatia, JC Archer, S Gopal, JD Unadkat, Kartik Tyagi

Must win for RR. Won't be an easy one with the form DC have been in.

Archer strikes.

Shaw is a supremely talented player but he has a laziness about him which he needs to get rid of.

Delhi have generally underperformed in the IPL until the last 2 seasons. They now have the pressure of being 1 of the favourites, let's see how they handle this pressure.

What a tuk-tuk batting lineup Delhi has. Iyer needs to play a big knock today.

Dhwaan is a proven player under pressure. DC will need him as the pressure starts to turn up at this stage of the tournament.

RR bowling Stokes early on and opening with him in the last game. Trying to get him game practice.

DC have come back well. They are setting things up nicely for Stonis to launch.

Carey hasn't played much. Axar and Ashwin aren't going to accelerate with the bat, RR should look for wickets here.

OMG unreal effort from Stokes. That's why you have him in the team even when he is lacking sharpness.

He has a lot of Faf du Plessis in him. Comfortably better than the rest no.4 that we have tried in our Indian Middle order.

He seems to have more sorted Indias number 4 issue in LO. He is also capable of batting at 3 or opening. He is going to be an important player for India going forward.

Carey is such a good player man. Can remember when he was getting all type of stick here and then shut sone people up by playing that knock in the 3rd ODI against England to win the series.

Imagine if a Pakistan player played that type of knock that Carey did. This place would have exploded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of Iyer being considered for Tests in the future? Rahane needs replacing badly.

Stonis struggling here. First real struggle with the bat in this years IPL.

DC can defend this total due to the quality of their attack. RR need Buttler and Smith to fire tonight.

archer is really hard to hit in t20. See what skill plus an athletic physique can do for you? and they say cricket doesnt need proper athletes. ofcourse it does lmao.

Carey is such a good player man. Can remember when he was getting all type of stick here and then shut sone people up by playing that knock in the 3rd ODI against England to win the series.

Imagine if a Pakistan player played that type of knock that Carey did. This place would have exploded.

carey a good player? ok/.

162 is the target for RR

They would be fancying themselves to chase this one down here

What are these dumb moves going on? Yesterday Sam Curran was opening the batting and Today Stokes is,whereas the guy is a clutch player at number 5.

He is a good player.

he is a cricket player. lets not pretend he is a 'good player'. he is alright in australian conditions where he can be considered good in short formats. Outside australia he is just another cricket player.

155 by nortje

holty shittttttttttt. somebody pinch me. killer. woooooow. wooooooow. unbelievable. wow. take a bow. amazing. thats what i am talking about.

wow, just wow. i cant believe it. this is stupendous.

The amount of talent that Buttler has can be visible with that scoop he hit of second last ball of Nortje's over, which was 156 Kph delivery.

Amazing cricket! Reminds me of the older days when Shoaib would would be steaming in and still being smashed to the boundary by tough Aussie and Indian batsmen.

Nortje 156kmh

Not seen this pace for ages

The amount of talent that Buttler has can be visible with that scoop he hit of second last ball of Nortje's over, which was 156 Kph delivery.

not just buttler. even stokes. Many other talented players these days can play pace with relative ease. If anything the game has advanced to another level in the modern era.

Amazing cricket! Reminds me of the older days when Shoaib would would be steaming in and still being smashed to the boundary by tough Aussie and Indian batsmen.

Nortje 156kmh

Not seen this pace for ages

now this is pure entertainment. Fans pay for this stuff. just amazing.

When I talk about hostile pace, this is what I want to see. You are blessed to have the power and structure to bowl 145kmh+, then use that gift to bowl at that pace! Not bowling 3 slower balls and silly cutters in an over.

Nortje kept coming back harder and harder to Butler who is a brute! Proper Imran Khan Satisfya moment!

When I talk about hostile pace, this is what I want to see. You are blessed to have the power and structure to bowl 145kmh+, then use that gift to bowl at that pace! Not bowling 3 slower balls and silly cutters in an over.

Nortje kept coming back harder and harder to Butler who is a brute! Proper Imran Khan Satisfya moment!

hahah the last line about imran khan. i love that guy. satisfya aa aa aai. i agree with everything you have said.

btw in terms of hostile pace, i dont even mind if the pace is between 135-145 but i want to see a deadly bouncer or throat cutter type ball to be entertained. Brutal deliveries more than deliveries that are fast but sprayed everywhere.

Fastest Ball in the history of IPL:
1. Anrich Nortje - 156.2kmph.
2. Anrich Nortje - 154.8kmph.
3. Dale Steyn - 154.4kmph.
4. Anrich Nortje - 154kmph.
5. Kagiso Rabada - 153.9kmph.

not just buttler. even stokes. Many other talented players these days can play pace with relative ease. If anything the game has advanced to another level in the modern era.

Playing it in conventional way is very usual but you look at that shot, only complete 360° players like Jos Buttler can do it. Just think a 156 Kph delivery coming straight on the block hole and the batsmen scoops it well past the short fine leg.

Playing it in conventional way is very usual but you look at that shot, only complete 360° players like Jos Buttler can do it. Just think a 156 Kph delivery coming straight on the block hole and the batsmen scoops it well past the short fine leg.

well rohit and several others dispatched nortje's express pace balls with ease in tests the last time they played in india.

Steve Smith in his last six matches:
3 runs vs DC
5 runs vs SRH
24 runs vs DC
6 runs vs MI
5 runs vs RCB
3 v runs vs KKR

Lol. An average of 30 odd. Only 1 last 1 hundred that too in that odi thanks to archer. Let's not forget he cost them the t20s series. Bang average FC record. Not sure whos the hype machine here. I will maintain hes average and wade is far better then him. The guy will do well to beat that innings in his whole career. Not sure where Pakistan came into equation here.

Mavi, Nagarkoti, Tiyagi, Saini should all watch and learn from that Nortje over to Butler. No shame in getting spanked as long as you are up for the battle with a brave heart and fire in your belly to overcome the challenge.

Slower balls and cutters are for those who don’t want to face fire with fire.

Absolutely,using slower ones instead of stock deliveries has no surprise element,bowlers who keep it rather simple often end up as greats of the game

36 from 22 balls

Rajashthan would look to get couple of big hits to ease off the pressure here

Tewatia would launch this bowler for 4 sixes if he gets the strike

Rabada is excellent bowler here , his pin point over has won the game for Delhi here

At the end of 15 overs, the equation: 39 runs | 30 balls | 5 wickets
Over #16: 2 runs (Ashwin)
Over #17: 8 runs (Rabada)
Over #18: 4 runs | 1 wicket (Nortje)
Over #19: 3 runs | 1 wicket (Rabada)

My Man of Match is Nortje, what a bowling effort from him!

At the end of 15 overs, the equation: 39 runs | 30 balls | 5 wickets
Over #16: 2 runs (Ashwin)
Over #17: 8 runs (Rabada)
Over #18: 4 runs | 1 wicket (Nortje)
Over #19: 3 runs | 1 wicket (Rabada)

Rabada is a gun bowler !!

This is why it was a very stupid move to open with Ben Stokes. He will finish more games off for RR instead of Uthappa and the risky Tewatia who is very much the definition of hit and miss.

RR are better off opening with Samson or Tewatia but they need stokes at no.5

A few things.
Pant is super fat. Guy needs to lose some 20 pounds at least.
Steve Smith is not a T20 player. Hard to see a batsman like him struggle like a tailender in IPL. Hope he comes back strong.
Ashwin is still the best offspinner in any format for India.
Samson will never learn. All that talent and he is a massive underachiever.
Prithvi Shaw is talented. But he is terrible at shot selection. Too many attacking shots.

156 kph for Nortje today.

Is he from South Africa? Never seen him play for national side.

RR are done for. Don't see them qualifying now. They lack the consistency.

DC are an excellently balanced size. Their bowling did a brilliant job. Need Pant to get fit so they can get back to their strongest 11.

he is a cricket player. lets not pretend he is a 'good player'. he is alright in australian conditions where he can be considered good in short formats. Outside australia he is just another cricket player.

Just scored a century in last international game which wasn't in Australia and he did well at the World Cup which wasn't in Australia.

RR are done for. Don't see them qualifying now. They lack the consistency.

DC are an excellently balanced size. Their bowling did a brilliant job. Need Pant to get fit so they can get back to their strongest 11.

RR and Punjab are done.

RR had a good team with lots of big names and explosive players but they have disappointed massively.

Smith didn't played the anchor role.

Samson has proved that he can't play the anchor role. He is only pretty at all-round hitting which is good to watch but is not reliable.

Uthappa should retire. This might well be his last game. Expected better from a veteran and a World T20 winner.

Stokes should bat at 5 and finish games rather than giving a flying start.

Mathematically, they have a chance but don't see them cruising after this performance.

Back