Indian Premier League (Match 46) - KXIP defeat KKR by 8 wickets

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
What: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab, Match 46, 6 pm local time, 730 pm IST

Where: Sharjah Cricket Stadium

What to expect: In the last match in Sharjah, CSK struggled with the bat while Mumbai Indians cruised to a ten-wicket win with ease. While it isn't the batting paradise anymore, and has a bit for the bowlers, teams would still aim for a score around the 160-170 mark. Dew factor is likely to play a part as well in what the captains choose to do.

Squads

Kings XI Punjab Squad: KL Rahul(w/c), Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, Chris Jordan, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, Krishnappa Gowtham, James Neesham, Sheldon Cottrell, Sarfaraz Khan, Hardus Viljoen, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ishan Porel, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar

Kolkata Knight Riders Squad: Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rahul Tripathi, Dinesh Karthik(w), Sunil Narine, Eoin Morgan(c), Pat Cummins, Lockie Ferguson, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna, Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Kuldeep Yadav, Sandeep Warrier, Siddhesh Lad, Nikhil Naik, Tim Seifert, Chris Green, Rinku Singh, Ali Khan, Tom Banton, Shivam Mavi, Manimaran Siddharth

ElMlrhIU8AAjfz-

Last edited:
Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rahul Tripathi, Dinesh Karthik(w), Eoin Morgan(c), Sunil Narine, Pat Cummins, Lockie Ferguson, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna, Varun Chakravarthy

Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): KL Rahul(w/c), Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, Chris Jordan, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh

'The pitch hasn't changed a lot, it might have got a bit slower, the team batting first will still struggle to know the par score. That would mean the captain winning the toss might opt to chase, especially with the dew expected and the wicket getting a bit better to bat under light,' reckon Simon Doull and Kumar Sangakkara, in their pitch report.

Huge game. KKR start as slight favourites but Punjab has momentum.

Could be a cracker. :)

I think Sharjah will suit Punjab batting more. Gayle, Pooran, Maxwell etc, expect some big hits even if the pitch is slow enough.

KXIP the team in form, 4 wins on the bounce, going for a Punjab win

Oh God! What did I saw? :

Gill smashes the Malcolm Marshall of this era for two back-to back sixes in such pressure situation. Give the guy a test cap :kohli.

Oh God! What did I saw? :

Gill smashes the Malcolm Marshall of this era for two back-to back sixes in such pressure situation. Give the guy a test cap :kohli.

Gill is class and Shaw is crap. But King Kohli loves crap and went with Shaws first.

Morgan etc smashed 130-140 scores in the T10 tournament in Sharjah some time back

He loves this ground

god damn. now i know gill is legit. sorry. You just dont shami unless you are a really good player. shami is a superstar.

gill is ready for tests. Thats all i can say.

Morgan should always bat at 4 for KKR. Keep Karthik as finisher in the team.

Gill is class and Shaw is crap. But King Kohli loves crap and went with Shaws first.

Shaw is Mumbaikar. So, obviously he has an advantage in getting prioritised. But his tehnique is very misfit and can be exploited easily by international class bowlers.

Gill is technically far more correct but he will not bat the way he did today every game hence not suited for T20 cricket much. But today was a big game and he is delivering.

Last edited:
Shaw is Mumbaikar. So, obviously he has an advantage in getting prioritised. But his tehnique is very misfit and can be exploited easily by international class bowlers.

Gill is technically far more correct but he will not bat the way he did today every game hence not suited for T20 cricket much. But today was a big game and he is delivering.

Gill is more in the Kallis category as a T20 player. He can bat through at 115-120, not so bad to have in the team

Not the smartest move to send Nagarkoti when you have Cummins still to bat

What happened to Andre Russel and Dinesh Karthik? Both injured or what?

News are that Bishnoi may be picked for Australia tour.

Could have kept Nagarkoti out there for a bit longer to put too much pressure on KKR

Gill needs to be in ODI team, its insane Kohli is keeping him in and out, wish Rohit was our captain.

Bishnoi is the one i have huge expectations from but then I thought the same about Kuldeep , Piyush :p

no bishnoi is legit. he has legit skills. kuldeep is easy to put away if you start to rattle him a bit. bishnoi puts a consistent pressure on the batsmen. he is relentless.

also shreyas gopal. fantastic bowler.

Excellent bowling from Bishnoi. I would play him in the test series against Australia.

Some class leggies I’ve seen in this tournament

Chahal
Ashwin
Bishnoi
Chahar
Gopal

So, Nagarkoti was sent because Cummins can't pick Bishnoi and Murugan.

KkR are not good enough.

gopal
bishnoi
chahar.

man this is some real spinning options. Wow. just phenomenal talents. gopal is a bit older but still quality.

yea all you teams are absolutely getting destroyed by india in 2023. Probably in 2021 too.

but in t20 2021 any team can win in the KO stages as t20 is unpredictable

Last edited:
So Bishnoi turned the game on its head with Morgan’s wicket.

Realistically KKR will not get enough on this track and will need a blinder of a spell from someone to save them

Andre has tarnished his legacy, I wonder if all that power was shady..

lol kuldeep and chahal's career is finished in t20 and odi. gopal, bishnoi, chahar are all better.

in tests kuldeep has potential but now i dont know whom i would choose. I would still pick gopal or bishnoi tbh. although kuldeep can bat.

Just announced, Varun Chakravarty got selected in India team for Australia tour :))

BTW why Gill refuse that single to Ferguson? Did he himself believes he's a big hitter?

Just announced, Varun Chakravarty got selected in India team for Australia tour :))

I don’t see Chakravarty’s name in Test squad. Is there another list for LO or the list in CricInfo incomplete?

I don’t see Chakravarty’s name in Test squad. Is there another list for LO or the list in CricInfo incomplete?

Selected for t20s. Check the India tour of Australia thread for complete list.

Thanks guys - Chakravarty may be Karnataka based and studied in a Tech school there, but his family name is a Bengali name, may be his ancestor had moved south long back.

Thanks guys - Chakravarty may be Karnataka based and studied in a Tech school there, but his family name is a Bengali name, may be his ancestor had moved south long back.

The surname Chakravarthy is most frequent in India, where it is borne by 4,294 people, or 1 in 178,637. In India Chakravarthy is primarily found in: Andhra Pradesh, where 35 percent reside, Telangana, where 17 percent reside and Tamil Nadu, where 16 percent reside. Barring India this surname occurs in 39 countries. It is also common in The United States, where 9 percent reside and Sri Lanka, where 7 percent reside.

you may be thinking of chakraborthy

Dumb single off the last ball. Cummins can run in and bowl another cheap over here to increase pressure on Punjab

Chakraborty vs Chakravarthy..both have same roots in Sanskrit which means emperor. While former is a Bengali surname, later is not really a surname in Andhra but a group of Telugu people from the Kshatriya (warrior) clan append the title as surname. Varun CK, though born and brought up in North Karnataka, is a Telugu by origin.

bishnoi deserved it. guess varun has that tamil and kannada support.

'Mystery spinner'. Will mostly warm.brnches. we have 4 spinners - Jadeja, Chahal, Sundar and Varun. Last two will be bench warmers

But good to see our selectors taking a punt and picking someone more on potential.

Shreyas Gopal must be wondering what he needs to do get picked. From performances at FC level to A tours to IPL, he's done everything but seems to miss out.

vy vy vy ... podddu pooddu looool karthik. shut up man. whatever the hell that means. can someone punch him please. cant stand fodder players.

I see, so Chatterjee & Chakravarty are not same!!!!! Chatterjee or Chakraborty are the top cast Brahmin in Bengal.

Back