Inswing help

GBK_Fan

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
I am a natural outswing bowler. This winter I am working on my inswing, however I can’t seem to bring it in if I bowl without my arm moving towards fine leg ie I cannot start outside off and bring the bowl in. Any help on the foot placement or arm movement is appreciated

I haven't bowled medium pace in a very long time but I was a natural outswing bowler like you back in the day.

I finally learned how to swing it in a year or two back while messing about in the nets and the trick for me was to be a bit more chest on in my action for the inswinger. If you look at bowlers like Flintoff and Ntini who have very chest on actions, their stock delivery was bringing the ball back into the right hander.

I haven't bowled medium pace in a very long time but I was a natural outswing bowler like you back in the day.

I finally learned how to swing it in a year or two back while messing about in the nets and the trick for me was to be a bit more chest on in my action for the inswinger. If you look at bowlers like Flintoff and Ntini who have very chest on actions, their stock delivery was bringing the ball back into the right hander.

Yes chest on works for me too. I am now working with a coach at the oval and he told me the problem is that I have a slingy arm action ala Malinga. I will need to have my arm higher if I wish to swing both ways without any noticeable change in my action. That’s relearning how to bowl and I am feeling a bit mixed about it

Back