IPL 2nd Semi-Final | Punjab v Chennai | 31/5/08

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Punjabi Marsh batting with Yuvi
Marsh on 18 off 9
Punjab X1 28-2 after 3.4 overs

Chennai on fire today, WOW!!!!!!!!:O
5.5 Ntini to Marsh, OUT, bowled 'im, he's gone for the pull, has been beaten by pace again and played onto his stumps, that's a huge wicket, Ntini goes into an aeroplane celebration, Marsh had just got a four and he's tried to pull here, he hasn't been comfortable with pulling through this innings, pays the price here, Chennai well and truly bossing this game now
SE Marsh b Ntini 23 (17b 3x4 1x6) SR: 135.29

Jayawardene now gone in Morkels first over, 45/6

Its a case of whatever a person does in the Chennai team, it'll turn to gold!

Ibet Balaji wants a bowl quickly before he runs of of players to get! Dhoni mihgt even give himself a bowl!

Who is the 'classical actor type' guy wearing the scarf?

Oxy said:
Who is the 'classical actor type' guy wearing the scarf?

I dont know i'm not watching BUT what are you doing watching this IPL match Oxy?:)

I thought you boycotted these fascist IPL matches?? :21:

They haven’t sucked you in have they? No..........Oxy please say they haven’t…. :D

Chennai seem to enjoy been punjabs bogey team!

Chawla bowled by Murali, for some reason trying to swing Punjab's way out of trouble.

At least try and consolidate for 2 overs!

63/7 after 14

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
I dont know i'm not watching BUT what are you doing watching this IPL match Oxy?:)

I thought you boycotted these fascist IPL matches?? :21:

They haven’t sucked you in have they? No..........Oxy please say they haven’t…. :D

Fear not - just channel hopping. :19:

I'm actually watching the Wasps v Leicester (Rugby final) 26-16 with 6 mins to go...

They were interviewing some 40+ year old guy wearing a stupid scarf like what actor types wear when they think they are IT

Dhoni and company have come back into the tournament like cornered tigers and once again we have a feeling that they will make it to the finals and an upset win is on the cards. :27:

Indiagem said:
Punjoos have been smacked by the southies super stars today
How many southies are their in the squad??lol
Only Badri and Balaji but a terrific comeback nonetheless after Viru crushed my hopes yesterday. :6:

Manish26 said:
Only Badri and Balaji but a terrific comeback nonetheless after Viru crushed my hopes yesterday. :6:

so wat ? its a south indian team !

jusarrived said:
so wat ? its a south indian team !
With how many south indian players???All the domestic players are representing other states but they were my second favourite team at the beginning so will be supporting them in the finals as well

And Rameez was very quick to shout "that is a DLF maximum" leaving Arun speechless. The battle is on between the two for the most number of times IPL phrases were said

Last edited:
i'd like to go on record and say that the mumbai crowd is by far the worst crowd.

booing their national team's vice captain and part of the reason why they won the t20 tournament. just pathetic from the crowd. the whole MNS thing is getting to their head.

There must be something to Dhoni's captaincy, T20 champions, challenged Australia all the way when India played the Ausies at home, Victory in the VB series in Australia, leading his team to the final of the IPL. I am beggining to feel jealous now and look at out captain, cant even get a place in his own team. How sorry have our affairs become?

sohailalam said:
i'd like to go on record and say that the mumbai crowd is by far the worst crowd.

booing their national team's vice captain and part of the reason why they won the t20 tournament. just pathetic from the crowd. the whole MNS thing is getting to their head.

I live in mumbai , but the above reason was why I wanted mumbai loose every match ....hate the city & its people !

I think the time is not far away now before Raina forces his way back in..there is nothing more he can do in FC level.I say blood him in!!The guy is too good to be keep out.

maamrut said:
I think the time is not far away now before Raina forces his way back in..there is nothing more he can do in FC level.I say blood him in!!The guy is too good to be keep out.
shoponys like yuvi are giving interviews on how he wants to captain india some day.
The idiot cant even buy a place in the test side and boasting about how he wants to captain india!!! :pissed:

sohailalam said:

i think they're booing him bcz of his idiotic comments last time

TruSachFan said:
shoponys like yuvi are giving interviews on how he wants to captain india some day.
The idiot cant even buy a place in the test side and boasting about how he wants to captain india!!! :pissed:

I know...wth was that statement supposed to mean where he said..."its been a great learning experience to become captain." Does he expect to be captain anytime soon?Well may be if MSD is injured... :10:

Manish26 said:
take a leaf out of my book, dump delhi manhooses and start rooting for the team on top. I am now on Chennai's side, plus it has DHONI

this is a perfect setup. one south indian and one north indian team to clash. even though jaipur is second closes to delhi I am praying chennai will thrash warne and co. it's INDIA VS AUSTRALIA ALL OVER AGAIN :p

doubt if csk can win, they just dont have the players to match RR.

also, yuvi is a good bat for india, just cause he is out of form does not mean he is no good.
IMO he can get a place in any t20 side.

Yuvraj as a captain for India is a joke - he is just riding on team that has been given to him - I dont think he is better than Dhoni by any stretch…
BTW “tight bowling leads to wickets” is being showcased right now - simple theory but only good captains can extract such discipline from his wards

So it looks like the final may well be a battle of superstar captains shepherding otherwise mostly starless teams.

Is T20 really a captain’s game?

Back