IPL | Bangalore Vs Delhi | Bangalore | 19/05/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Match 375 (or so it seems ) :) is due to start in under an hour in Bangalore

Bangalore Royal Challengers squad

R Dravid, Abdur Razzak, NC Aiyappa, B Akhil, KP Appanna, J Arunkumar, MV Boucher, S Chanderpaul, B Chipli, SP Goswami, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, A Kumble, Misbah-ul-Haq, AA Noffke, DT Patil, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, CL White

Delhi Daredevils squad

V Sehwag, R Bhatia, AB de Villiers, S Dhawan, TM Dilshan, G Gambhir, B Geeves, KD Karthik, GD McGrath, MF Maharoof, VY Mahesh, M Manhas, A Mishra, Mohammad Asif, Y Nagar, P Sangwan, Shoaib Malik, M Tehlan, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori, T Yadav

Delhi have lost their way of late and Bangalore have been very poor throughout the IPL.

Lets hope for some runs from Misbah.

With Deccan and Bangalore virtually out of semi-final race, Delhi badly needs this win (which they may get) to stay ahead of Kolkata and Punjab (other contenders for 4th semi-final spot.

I don't care who wins - as long as Misbah hits a 100! :) He is over due!

Misbah will be dropped probabaly (i think)..

ALL eyes on Misbah, Asif and Malik ;-)

Bangers need to beat Delhi... Keep KKR in the runnings

Set the scene:

First for the good news - it has rained in Bangalore and the covers are on at the Chinnaswamy. OK, bad news you say. Either way, it's stopped raining at the moment and we could get a start on time. It's an important game for Delhi - who are battling for a spot in the semi-finals.
Bangalore are all but out of the tournament (unless you are clinging onto straws like statistical chance) but they would want to avoid the wooden spoon. Of course, there's also the Bangalorean pride to play for (if such a thing exists)

SameerM said:
ALL eyes on Misbah, Asif and Malik ;-)

Bangers need to beat Delhi... Keep KKR in the runnings

I don't think KKR will make it to the semi-final. Their remaining 3 matches are;

1) vs Chennai (#3 in standings currently)
2) vs Rajasthan (#1 in standings currently)
3) vs Pujab (#2 in standings currently)

So, basically they have to beat top three team! What are the chances?

Toss: Sehwag won and chose to field. Dravid talks about the opportunity to "spoil someone's party". He also hints at moving up the order.

Team news: Dale Steyn is back. He replaces Abdur Razzaq, the left-arm spinner. Sreevats Goswami, India's U-19 keeper, makes his IPL debut and Bharat Chipli plays ahead of Virat Kohli.

MISBAH might STILL be in the playing XI

Bangalore Royal Challengers team
R Dravid, B Chipli, SP Goswami, Misbah-ul-Haq, JH Kallis, CL White, B Akhil, P Kumar, Z Khan, A Kumble, DW Steyn

Delhi Daredevils team
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, S Dhawan, AB de Villiers, TM Dilshan, KD Karthik, R Bhatia, MF Maharoof, VY Mahesh, P Sangwan, GD McGrath

Dehli left Malik out after his 1* and excellent catches last match. very strange

about time misbah scored some runs. Go Misbah go

......and improve my standing in the fantasy game.:)

Asif has problems with injury isnt it? That thing around his arm...

Asif has some injury in the hand/finger webbing from the last game he played

Another smart move by Dravid promoting Kallis up to see off the new ball ...

The shine should be gone by about the 15th over and then Bangalore can commence their attack :p

Kallis has to anchor the team.. while the other batsmen slogs it out .. that would be my tactics anyways!

AND get all the girls to support my team ;-)

"Bangalore have not only got the Washington Redskins to cheer for them but there's also the exotically named Lekha Washington on television"

Last edited:
2.6 McGrath to Chipli, no run, that appeared like a huge edge but umpire Steve Davis doesn't give it, pitched short of a length, moved away, Chipli flashes and that appeared to have taken the outside edge, but the umpire stands firm. McGrath and the rest can't believe it.

batsman #36 on crease as chipli is out
35-1 after 5 overs
Misbah maybe next

good move to bring in the u-19 keeper by bangalore ....35/1 in 5 overs is a good start by our own standards ...but want to see delhi win this one , so that they stay ahed of mum & kol !

McGrath to Chipli, OUT, got 'em, he's got his man now, short one again and Chipli can't hold back from the pull, the top edge flies high and Rajat Bhatia nearly makes a meal of the skier running back towards midwicket, he slips before taking the catch but holds on despite the tumble. McGrath isn't celebrating - he tells Chipli to stay on and gestures, 'Not out, not out'. He was really peeved with that edge not being given as out.

its Goswami in next... then Dravid probably then Misbah i guess.

Last edited:
After Dravid, Chanderpaul, Kallis, Jaffar.... here is another test player playing for Banglore;

B Chipli c Bhatia b McGrath 2 (10b 0x4 0x6) SR: 20.00

S/R of 20.00????

change of bowlers caused his downfall!

misbah is here !!! cricinfo gone haywire

SameerM said:
McGrath to Chipli, OUT, got 'em, he's got his man now, short one again and Chipli can't hold back from the pull, the top edge flies high and Rajat Bhatia nearly makes a meal of the skier running back towards midwicket, he slips before taking the catch but holds on despite the tumble. McGrath isn't celebrating - he tells Chipli to stay on and gestures, 'Not out, not out'. He was really peeved with that edge not being given as out.

its Goswami in next... then Dravid probably then Misbah i guess.

CHIPKLI's wicket has been taken...

Luton Bad Boy said:
CHIPKLI's wicket has been taken...

I know.. but Chipli also edged an earlier ball and did not walk.. this time he skied it and got out but McGrath was saying to him not out not out, being sarcastic 'n all!

GOooooooooo-swami killing the delhi bowler.. 10 off 4 balls so far!

finishes with a four tooooooooo !!! this boy had his weetabix today

Who cares about those king fisher points, lol.

What mcgrath did is part of the game imo. So many players have done it, and a stupid fair play award isnt going to change much

think he was one of the highest run getters for india in teh recent u-19 Wc !

good replacement for DHONI !! atleast he will not b forgotten witha name like GO-swami

without a memorable name u r nothing!!!!!

72/2 off 10.3

not bad ..but Dravid really going snail pace 9 off 10 balls - 1 four only!

Swami on 29 off 24 balls

DRAVID goesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Misbah in?????????

Almost 9 overs for Misbah to bat!

IF only Misbah can stay cool for a few overs before going Beast mode

Its raining... we might have another D/L if it continues raining

Damn, this umpire should really learn what a wide ball is...

Yo!mahesh is back. The rain is a bit worrying, though. The umpires chatted but decided to play on.

DD has done really well to restric RCB to 6.5RR. looks like a final score of 150 or less

Dhonifan said:
DD has done really well to restric RCB to 6.5RR. looks like a final score of 150 or less

150 -160 will be a good score on this pitch ....& it wont be very easy against steyn , zaheer & pravin kumar !

Mahesh to Misbah-ul-Haq, 1 run, another tip and run to the off side, Misbah's plan seems clear, get into the groove and smash later

Exactly what i was thinking.

I agree with u man: he really has the NAME to become big: GO-swami

jusarrived said:
150 -160 will be a good score on this pitch ....& it wont be very easy against steyn , zaheer & pravin kumar !
if sehwag and gauti get stuck, then its easy, if they get out cheap its impossible

Is Misbah trying pre-meditated shots? It seems...

Malik is a regular in the field, but not with the bat :)))

Malik is a cheetah. He is probably patrolling the whole long off to long on area

malik - just when u think he is crap, he pulls out some good stuff

runout has pumped misbah... pressure on his shoulders to perform... and so he does !!! :batman:

Is there only 1 Dhawan??? He seems to be everywhere man

wow misbah is finally settling into the banglore team. he looks like one of them. well i am not seeing the match but why is he playing so slow. :20:

nikred said:
wow misbah is finally settling into the banglore team. he looks like one of them. well i am not seeing the match but why is he playing so slow. :20:

He just hit Sangwan for a six and a four.

nikred said:
because hes finally one of them :D

nikred said:

He was not timing the ball very well when he was new to the crease. Now he has to go for broke. It takes pressure off of you.

He only did not face many balls cause GOSWAMI did a good job. He had ~10 balls and ~10 runs from it. And he didnt time those balls well also...

lollol said:
Is there only 1 Dhawan??? He seems to be everywhere man
he's the badshah of border patrolling , that guy can field, he could be in the Indian team just for that alone

SameerM said:
21 off 16 isnt slow bro ^ 131 sr

well i typed it before he hit tht 6and 4 :22:

my fantasy team is not doing well so i am a little frustrated:p

looks like 140 score now, on a good day its just enough fodder for our 2 beasts... :)

SameerM said:
who says Misbah gets 50 ?
Depends who bowls the last over. It wont be easy to get runs from mcgrath also

Back