IPL | Mumbai vs Bangalore | Mumbai | 20/4/08

Yasin

Debutant
Runs
Harbhajan is the captain of Mumbai Indians . Tendulkar not playing.

Harbhajan wins the toss and elects to bat first.

I see Adidas sponsoring Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils, Nike sponsoring Deccan Chargers and Reebok sponsoring Kolkata Knight Riders.

Must admit though - DDR have the best jersey undoubtedly ! :)

Luke Ronchi oepning along with Jaya.

From cricinfo : Luke Ronchi, the Mumbai wicketkeeper, has struck 45 boundaries (34 fours, 11 sixes) in 139 balls in Twenty20 matches, which is an average of a boundary every 3.1 balls

Interesting to see how bhajji captains the likes of jayasurya and pollock... in my opinion pollock should've been captain...

for the record..ronchi looks like the typical nerd in college....trying to get invited to parties..

Mumbai 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Luke Ronchi (wk), 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Dominic Thornley, 5 Abhishek Nayar, 6 Pinal Shah, 7 Shaun Pollock, 8 Harbhajan Singh (capt), 9 Dhawal Kulkarni, 10 Musavir Khote, 11 Ashish Nehra.

Bangalore 1 Rahul Dravid (capt), 2 B Akhil, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Virat Kohli, 6 Ross Taylor, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Praveen Kumar, 9 Sunil Joshi, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 R Vinay Kumar.

Megadeth said:
for the record..ronchi looks like the typical nerd in college....trying to get invited to parties..

lol....he might start the party soon.

Boucher called the Wankhede crowd a football crowd. Which is quite true.

/STO

the beast number 4(J.Surya) and 5(Ronchii) on show here today after Mc.Cullum,Mike and Dave hussey

Wow! Thornley flattened by a Zaheer brute. Looks like Khan has rearranged his face.

THe one before was a snorter aswell.

Woke up to check the score. Why is Thornely faking injury?? The ball didn't even touch his face!! Harden up son, you're Australian! Bit of a face massage never hurt.

Haha, a delay because some people are mopping up Thornley's blood.

3 fours off kallis over and a six

sanath on fire here.

GO SANATH GO :27:

Last edited:
we better not lose this one ........ with chandrapaul swaping places with jaffer we look a much better side !

but I hate to see bangalore boy uthappa play for Mumbai indians !

wow...Mumbai supporters are amazing...collective chants and atmosphere make this game look like a football game...

awsome crowd in here.......never seen a non-indian cheered so gracefully....beautiful that is...cricket is the winner all the way!

How did Nehra bowl? Balaji and him are two of the Indian bowlers I like...

not quite sure who and why did they construct the bangalore batting like this come on!!

dravid, chanderpaul, jaffer, kallis? what the heck man. none of them even pass 75 strike rate in ODI's, and these fellows are going to play 2020's.

so who else is supporting bangalore here??? am from delhi supporting bangalore here....

OZGOD said:
Woke up to check the score. Why is Thornely faking injury?? The ball didn't even touch his face!! Harden up son, you're Australian! Bit of a face massage never hurt.

hey big mouth! the guy got 15 stiches on his eyebrow!

Easa said:
How did Nehra bowl? Balaji and him are two of the Indian bowlers I like...
his speed is in the middle of 130's kmph. beat the bat few times but has given away some boundaries as well.

kallis/dravid/jaffer/chanderpaul are marathon runners in a 100m sprint. Just doesn't work. You need guys like McCulum, Afridi, Symond, Yuvraj etc in this.

Or guys like Hussey, Misbah, Dhoni, who can do both.

Come on Chanders, I've got you in the PP Fantasy cricket, now dont let me down.

hmm maybe chanderpual can be put in the "both" category. NOt bad hitting.

what hapepend here? he's cramping?

tmac4real said:
hmm maybe chanderpual can be put in the "both" category. NOt bad hitting.

what hapepend here? he's cramping?
got an inside edge to his knee..

Inside edge, hitting Chanders on the knee. Missed the padding. Looked like it hit him on the side of the knee cap. Ouchness!

and gone...amazes me how medium pacers are doing so well today... in kolkata and now mumbai...maybe thats the bowling thats ideal for 20-20..no too fast so as to let batsmen work with your pace...and not too slow to give them too much time(spinners)...

Spoke too soon....Captain Harbhajan picks up Captain Dravid. Dravid gone for 32.

Megadeth said:
and gone...amazes me how medium pacers are doing so well today... in kolkata and now mumbai...maybe thats the bowling thats ideal for 20-20..no too fast so as to let batsmen work with your pace...and not too slow to give them too much time(spinners)...

well medium pacers do good if they bowl a steady line...examples being gul and oathan in the t20 world cup..

Good catch ...another wicket falls...Taylor is gone...Jaya gets the wicket.

Blitzkrieg said:
u missed the mumbai part there...
where? I call Laker Lakers, Yankees Yankees and Raiders Raiders. Why give it a name then? :21:

It is ok to call them Indians...The name selection itself was poor.

Indians were thrashed by Challengers

Indiagem said:
It is ok to call them Indians...The name selection itself was poor.

Indians were thrashed by Challengers

whats bothers me is they keep the name Indians and get royally thrashed. :12:

Back