Is PCB subsidizing holiday tickets for the Pakistan side?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So, the side that has disgraced itself by being knocked out of the Group Stage of the World Cup is on its way home.

Well, some are, others, as per news reports, like Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Imad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Shadab Khan, and Azam Khan, plan to spend time with their family and friends in London or will jump off to play Vitality Blast etc (Amir e.g.)

So, my question is who is paying for these air tickets?

The Pakistan Squad left the shores of Pakistan to play in the World Cup, their air tickets etc would have been booked to return to Pakistan after the end of the World Cup, as a squad.

Who gave them permission to break their journey in London using the ticket provided by the PCB?

Why have they all not returned to Pakistan and then travel to UK/holidays at their own expense?

A lot of employers do not allow that, PCB given its limited financial abilities should also not do this.

The whole squad should have travelled back to Pakistan and presented themselves for national scrutiny.

But it seems they are now enjoying a 'well-earned' rest, instead!

& who is funding these ice creams & burgers on match days

IMG_4003.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the side that has disgraced itself by being knocked out of the Group Stage of the World Cup is on its way home.

Well, some are, others, as per news reports, like Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Imad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Shadab Khan, and Azam Khan, plan to spend time with their family and friends in London or will jump off to play Vitality Blast etc (Amir e.g.)

The Pakistan Squad left the shores of Pakistan to play in the World Cup, their air tickets etc would have been booked to return to Pakistan after the end of the World Cup, as a squad.

Who gave them permission to break their journey in London using the ticket provided by the PCB?

Why have they all not returned to Pakistan and then travel to UK/holidays at their own expense?

A lot of employers do not allow that, PCB given its limited financial abilities should also not do this.

The whole squad should have travelled back to Pakistan and presented themselves for national scrutiny.

World Cup is over. They can go and stay where ever they want.

If you have evidence to suggest that PCB is paying for their vacation then show. Otherwise don't just bash them for the sake of it.

World Cup is over. They can go and stay where ever they want.

If you have evidence to suggest that PCB is paying for their vacation then show. Otherwise don't just bash them for the sake of it.

I obviously have no evidence, I am just asking. Not bashing for the sake of it.

As for World Cup is over business. Yes, it is, so fly back to Pakistan and start your holiday with your own money.

Travel to the event as a squad, come back as a squad too. Not like we won the Cup or something.

I obviously have no evidence, I am just asking. Not bashing for the sake of it.

As for World Cup is over business. Yes, it is, so fly back to Pakistan and start your holiday with your own money.

Travel to the event as a squad, come back as a squad too. Not like we won the Cup or something.
World Cup is over. They can stay if they like. They can go where ever they want. I'm sure they are using their own money and they will be using their own money to book flights, hotels and food as well.

I can understand fans are angry and disappointed with the performances but the truth is World Cup is over. Ball is at PCB's court to make moves now.

World Cup is over. They can stay if they like. They can go where ever they want. I'm sure they are using their own money and they will be using their own money to book flights, hotels and food as well.

I can understand fans are angry and disappointed with the performances but the truth is World Cup is over. Ball is at PCB's court to make moves now.

But we know that PCB would have booked return tickets. Players are simply changing booking times of those tickets to their advantage.

This happens a lot in the corporate world but some companies don't like that.

Anyways, I wanted to put it out there - just the sound of players 'enjoying' vacation time after the biggest fiasco in ages does not sit right with me - perhaps I am old and decrpit and don't understand how the world works.

Seems like they're trying to avoid irate fans at Karachi airport by waiting it out abroad?

Amir going off to play Vitality Blast is straight up disrespectful though. Showing himself to be a remorseless mercenary. Pity the Pakistan fans who wanted him back in the team.

I agree they should be back home and be answerable for their performance, scrutinized by the National press. But looks like they don't care, early exit from the tournament has provided them with extra time to enjoy vacations.

Couldn't proceed to the next round when even minnows have qualified, yet these Players don't care. It's business as usual for them. No accountability in Pakistan Cricket.

Great strategy by Pakistan team to avoid facing the ire of the fans when they return back home. Instead of coming together back to Pakistan, take short time vacations to Dubai, London and elsewhere, when Pakistani fans anger will be subsided then quietly return back individually rather than coming home as a group together when the defeat is still fresh in the minds of fans .

Seems like they're trying to avoid irate fans at Karachi airport by waiting it out abroad?

Amir going off to play Vitality Blast is straight up disrespectful though. Showing himself to be a remorseless mercenary. Pity the Pakistan fans who wanted him back in the team.

Amir had informed all about this before.

What do you want him to do? Lock himself in his bedroom, cry his eyes out and share it on social media?

What do you want him to do? Lock himself in his bedroom, cry his eyes out and share it on social media?
At least don't go off while the tournament is still going on! Do you remember 2007? The Indian and Pakistan squads came home to torrents of abuse. I'm sure they'd all have loved to scoot off to Timbuktu for a bit, but they actually gave a damn about losing. Things aren't even as emotionally charged as they were 17 years ago. But this lot has no gumption.

Going on a 'holiday' after this fiasco is NOT great visuals.

This is media 101 which PCB media should have checked.

On Eid Pakistan players greeting each other. Holidays to ensue soon
X6QXSM7.jpeg

co8lhP4.jpeg

CpSwOuu.jpeg

3fYIrug.jpeg

On Eid Pakistan players greeting each other. Holidays to ensue soon
X6QXSM7.jpeg

co8lhP4.jpeg

CpSwOuu.jpeg

3fYIrug.jpeg

Saying goodbye to each other for the final time in the team. They know they are not going to play for Pakistan any more. Besharam lot should be sent packing with absolutely zero concern about the disappointment the fans are feeling

It’s not outside the realm of possibility that they are vacationing on pcb dime. We know for fact that they travelled to the U.S. with their families, kids, wives etc. all staying and enjoying the sights and sounds of New York and Florida. The PCB is no different than any other mismanaged government institution in Pakistan, so I can see the point @Savak is trying to make here.

As far as vacationing goes, the tournament is over, so do whatever you want, but when you’re on national duty have your head screwed on right. These guys will most likely just come back home fatter and in worse condition than before but now it might not matter as inshallah they’ll be booted from the team for good.

& who is funding these ice creams & burgers on match days

View attachment 144574
This is one person who rightfully deserves to be scrutinized given his atrocious fitness. He should be nowhere near ice cream, but then again he doesn’t give a damn about anything. I don’t care what he eats as long as he’s never near the PCT ever again even if he comes back shredded like a Greek god, he should never get a chance to don the green shirt.

For the last few months, this team has been on paid vacations only instead of playing cricket. I think the tour should be over and PCB should just not arrange any more tours now.

I will repeat again

• The Pakistan squad departed together.
  • They must arrive back together
  • Each squad member needs to be debriefed about their performances
  • Actions need to be taken
  • Then each of these players who were sent to represent Pakistan can fly out on their own expense to wherever they want to go

I will repeat again

• Then each of these players who were sent to represent Pakistan can fly out on their own expense to wherever they want to go
They probably decided to save money and avoid angry fans at the airport.

They probably decided to save money and avoid angry fans at the airport.

Then 'that' guy, the representative of the current govt, who has been flying around the world on PCB expense should have said to them - wait there, I am coming over and we will speak'

The rot runs from top to bottom.

Last edited:
I will repeat again

They make the orders not take them.

They're gonna decide now is not time to go back and face the heat of furnace

PCB should force them all to come together and send them straight into an army camp for 2 months. Give collective punishment to the whole lot

Amir had informed all about this before.
It doesn't matter if he informed or not.

Can we really be sure he was giving it his all during the super over if he knew he would financially benefit through an early WC exit?

The PCB should avoid instances of any possible conflicts of interest amongst the players.

By army camp I mean to put them through rigorous fitness regimes not as prisoners.
That won't work. You can't force someone to participate. Even if you claim they'll cancel their contracts, this is a dosti yaari clique.

Some players like babar, Rizwan, Shaheen aka the golden boys are marketing propaganda, If they boycott training theirs nothing ocb can logically do.

They can ban and cancel 1, they can't cancel the whole squad which frankly considering this dosti clique they'll all universally do. Plus azam khan, and other players like shan masood via nepotism will pull some strings 100%.

Only way this will work of Pakistan becomes the next north Korea but that'll also fail and crash for obvious reasons.

This training camp thing has to be employed at a grass root level, with the current lot being discarded for good. Mentality to work needs to built from the get go. Which as we can see with azam khan being an example, Theirs no such facility in grassroot.

As long as we don't have to see them in the team again, I'll be happy.

If there’s one player that shouldn’t be at the Burgers and Ice Cream it’s Azam Khan, Moin should of monitored his sons diet better while he was raising him

PCB should force them all to come together and send them straight into an army camp for 2 months. Give collective punishment to the whole lot
How is this a punishment when the establishment is the one ruining Pakistan's economy to stuff their pockets?

Are they going to start forcing them to do training in the mountains up north? Maybe you can have a pitch at K-2 base camp, force them to learn to play with less oxygen.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there’s one player that shouldn’t be at the Burgers and Ice Cream it’s Azam Khan, Moin should of monitored his sons diet better while he was raising him
He has an eating disorder from the likes of it.

I am currently wishing I had handed him a cheeseburger after the USA-Pakistan match. He was right there for me to stuff it in his face.

How is this a punishment when the establishment is the one ruining Pakistan's economy to stuff their pockets?

Are they going to start forcing them to do training in the mountains up north? Maybe you can have a pitch at K-2 base camp, force them to learn to play with less oxygen.

Give them fatigues everyday. Wake them up at Fajr and then put them to work for the whole day. When I say punishment I'm thinking soft stuff like 'detention' or a coach saying 'run 5 laps cause youre late'. Put them through physical activity throughout the day for 2 months. Not in the hope that we're training them and they will improve their fitness but with the intention that this is the best form of punishment we can give other than physically beating them up.

Back